5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT... (shhhhh...I got myself 3)
I don't have an ipod and I didn't think I bought one when I bought the Muse. But I'M HAPPY AND SATISFIED with my purchases. Seller had it ridiculously cheap and that helped with my happy feelings.

I have one con: the Samsung App for use with this device is region specific. So have to wait for my return to the US to download.

The music sounds great,...
Published 8 months ago by L. K. Richardson

2.0 out of 5 stars No playlist support, impossible to use while exercising
First the good points...
The Muse is near weightless. It's very small and compact. The feature that enables you to sync songs directly from your phone to the Muse is cool (more on that later), but best of all, you can sync music in multiple ways, through Samsung Kies and through simple Windows folder copy/paste or drag and drop. It can't get easier than that...
Published 14 months ago by Adam D'agosto

2.0 out of 5 stars No playlist support, impossible to use while exercising, February 1, 2013
This review is from: Samsung Muse 4GB MP3 Player Optimized for Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, Note and Note 2 Smartphones (Pebble Blue) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
First the good points...

Now for the not-so-stellar points...
First, the Muse, a 4 GIG devise has NO playlist support. NO PLAYLIST SUPPORT!!! This was a deal breaker for me. Essentially you have a single 4 GB playlist, thanks....Really???

Second, the Samsung Muse is advertised as a devise that you can take with you when you exercise, jogging, biking, whatever, right? DEAD WRONG!! Sorry. The devise has NO tactile buttons, so unless you stop what you're doing, hit the right button (first wait for it to wake up because it goes into standby mode after 3 seconds), you're just going to have a real hard time adjusting the volume or skipping songs. So, as far as it being a good devise for workouts, maybe weight training where there are built-in breaks in the routine would be best. I road and mountain bike. I tried it, I was dangerous!!

Third, the feature that allows you to sync directly from your phone to the Muse is cool, but in practice, borderline useless. Here's why. The connection is made with a small USB cable. Without it, there's no way to get music from phone to devise. So, you now need to carry around this little cable. Well if you can do that, you're probably in a very controlled relaxed setting, like your desk where you're either going to use your phone as a player or simply use your computer as the transfer tool. Everyone is different and you might find a better use for this feature, but I found it to be impractical. What would be REALLY cool is if the Muse was a little bigger and had Bluetooth connection with your phone. Now they'd be cooking with gas!! Short of that, I'd design in a retractable USB plug on the Muse itself. Think "turtle head poking out" on the Muse would be a USB port that connects with the phone. I know that analogy will conjure up the wrong image, but it works :)

Fourth, the Samsung Muse app that goes on your phone needs a lot of work. The music management feature is problematic. This was not a big problem for me as I used Samsung Kies to transfer the music most often.

Fifth, Samsung does not support this devise. Getting help is impossible. In fact, Samsung should be ashamed. If you call into the direct Samsung system, most people have no idea the unit even exists. I was eventually able to get connecting with the Muse Support Group and they never returned my repeated emails looking for help.

So, I returned the unit back to Amazon within 30 days. I unfortunately will now shop for the iPod shuffle and get stuck using iTunes, but at least I know it will work and I'll be able to select playlists at 25 mph!!

With some improvements this unit could really be great. They have some work to do, but for now I give it a generous 2 Stars. Good luck everyone!!

Adam

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT... (shhhhh...I got myself 3), August 14, 2013

The music sounds great, especially with Sound Alive.

Battery life is good. I've been playing it for 7 straight hours since fully charging it. Manual (off samsung.com) says there's a multi-color notification using the LED... and "red" means over an hour of use. The manual states instructions to change if not in use for a long period to prevent damage to battery.

Reviewers complained that there was no playlist, but it wasn't a secret. I agree with reviewer who said that you won't load an mp3 player with music you don't like. So I chose my "happy music" and loaded it up - John Legend, Adele, Machel, Bunji, Buju, Whitney.... as varied as you can get. And when walking, any song would keep me energized!!! I just bought my THIRD Muse...a white to put strictly religious music so I can listen on Sabbath or as needed. The manual states that you can't determine how songs are actually saved on the device - so don't even try to upload in a particular order.

I love the size. I can close my fist over it.

Once connected to my S3, it shows up as an external storage device that I can copy-paste the songs too. Without the special app. I found it was very fast process.

There are three (3) buttons you need: On/off; Hold (prevents or allows the surface from responding to touch); Straight/shuffle. I had it for an afternoon and it was easy to remember location and operate.

Read the product description and decide if it's for you! My daughter saw it and I clipped it on the neck of her jersey...I had to beg back for it half hour later. Maybe another Muse is in order, for Mozart and stories for her...hmmmm (I'm very concerned with ear damage if she abuses the volume)

On the face of the player there are five (5) options... very intuitive in my opinion: increase volume at the top, decrease volume at the bottom, skip forward on the right, go back on the left, at the centre play/pause. If you put hold on, none of these will be active to touch while exercising.

Yes, a little pouch to keep attachments would be nice. But you can keep in drawer or those larger chewing gum containers. Since I will be keeping at least 2 of the 3 I purchased, I will keep one set in office desk at work, ditto at home.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Little MP3 Player that Could!, January 18, 2013
I love this!! Two thumps up Samsung!! This small portable MP3 player rocks and I'm sure if you are a music lover like me, you will join in on my sentiment. Simple and easy to use, no hassle set-up and the sound on this little baby is amazing. I have many MP3 players but, I love that this one is stylish, compact and delivers a bang. The ear buds are very comfortable and fits nicely into the ear with no problems. It's perfect as an additional storage solution to your mobile phone-No need to worry about syncing up your music from your phone to the little gadget because the muse sync software works perfectly. If you like crystal clear vocals and want to hear the bass and get pumped during work outs, this is the MP3 player for you. I only wish that there was more storage space available-I need more than 4gb but, that's still a a lot of music to enjoy. You will have to charge the battery before use but, it takes no time to obtain a full charge and the battery life is good. Files transfer in a flash which I was really pleased with and the clip is durable and made out of a quality material that should give it a great life span. There are a couple of drawbacks that I noticed that may cause minor issue at times. The buttons on top are somewhat sensitive and you can experience songs switching, volume changes or music pausing just by grabbing the device and moving it around. Also, I do prefer to see/view music tracks so, I can easily select what song(s) I would like to listen to-You will not have this option, there is no display. Bottom line, you'll love it!! Especially if you love listening to good quality sound and you need a small, portable solution that bangs while enjoying your music. A must have for all the music lovers out there, young or seasoned music heads, need this player;-)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great music player for mobile use., May 6, 2013
I bought the Samsung Muse to have a compact music player for working out and doing household chores since my Note 2 is too large to be active and carry around.

I read the reviews on Amazon and Cnet about how there was no playlist support and having to skip through every song on the player to find a specific song, but when I thought about how I would use it, it made perfect sense. Using the Muse App I was able to sequence my music by grouping together an artist's albums and singles and putting similar artists after them.
The design and compactness of the Muse is what sold me. Having the ability to also use music from Itunes was a plus. The sound quality is great and the volume level is amazing for such a small device. The only negative is that when the player goes to sleep after an extended amount of time it can be hard to wake it up.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Samsung Muse is small, but packs out BIG SOUND!!!, January 20, 2013
Samsung has done it again, with the Samsung Muse, I can now take my music anywhere without carrying a bulky iPod or MP3 player. Music is very easy to load, either directly from your phone or computer. It even has great battery life! I have used many MP3 players and iPods in the past, but it doesn't even come close to the Samsung Muse.
Set up was very easy, the Muse app from my Samsung Galaxy SIII helped transfer music in a breeze. Another great thing about the Muse is that you can transfer music from one phone to another. The control on the Muse are very sensitive, so it might take some practice at first. The best thing I liked about this small MP3 player was the battery life, it incredible! Not only that, but the box does come with incredible high quality headphones.
I enjoyed the Samsung Muse a lot. This device is a great addition to your phone. If you love listening to music like I do, than this device is for you, small, easy to use with great battery life, and packed with awesome sounds. Samsung has always made high quality product for a great price. You can never go wrong with Samsung.

4.0 out of 5 stars Small look, Big Sound!!, January 20, 2013
I recently received the Muse 4G mp3 player by Samsung. At first glance, I was drawn by the size and style of the unit. It's a compact device with a big sound. The Muse is designed to work with both the Samsung Galaxy and Note mobile devices.
The compact unit has a storage capacity of 4GB for six hours of music playing. The Muse also includes a built-in clip that can be attached to your clothing. On the front of the device you will find your front volume controls, shuffle, skip, pause, and go back buttons. There is an option for shuffle and continuous play with this handy little device. The best thing about the Muse is the ability to directly transfer your music from your Galaxy device to the Muse. The Muse is very user friendly and files are transferred quickly. However, because the device doesn't have a screen there is no option to personally select track for track.
In conclusion, for the price of $49.99 the 4GB Muse is great alternative to listening to your music, a small package with great sound.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great addition to your Samsung phone, January 20, 2013
I like to listen to music and podcasts while I'm working out or working in the house and garden. The Samsung Muse is great for these things as it's small, easy to load with programming and has great battery life. I've used several different MP3 players in the past. Each has had drawbacks and nice features. I'm very pleased with my Samsung Muse as it has enough capacity to hold what I need, and yet is small and unobtrusive.

Setting up the Muse was easy. The Kies application for transferring music from my computer isn't the most user-friendly app, but it works. Transferring music from my Skyrocket S2, and from my wife's S3 was very easy using the Muse app. All you have to do is check the songs you want, and they transfer very quickly. The included PC and phone transfer cables are small and easy to lose, so I taped mine together and keep them in my box with other phone accessories.

Using the controls takes a bit of practice, as with every small MP3 player. The buttons can be a bit sensitive. A hold mode that automatically kicks in does alleviate this some. The included earbuds provide good clear sound, and surprisingly good bass in the enhanced mode. The clip is sturdy and holds on even when I'm running.

I like this product a lot. It's a great addition to your phone, and perfect for those times when the extra weight and size of the phone makes the phone impractical for use.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, May 29, 2013
this little guys works perfectly. the app works well too, so syncing is a snap. the battery lasts forever. the buttons do take some getting used to but after a couple of days i was fine with the set up.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love the Muse, tech support needs improvement, January 20, 2013
I really enjoy this MP3 player. I like how lightweight it is for morning walks and how I can plug it into the aux jack in my van to listen to music on the go or use it with my S3 phone.

I have music in several formats (MP3, wma) and this can play everything I have put on it so far. You can transfer music from your computer by either installing the Kies program, copy and paste or drag and drop. You can transfer music from your phone to the Muse by installing the Muse Sync app. Super simple.

I cannot say enough good things about the MP3 player, I like the size the sound quality - especially the SoundAlive feature, that it has a sturdy clip for attaching it to your clothing, I really like it! I know 4 gb may not seem like much space for music to some but it suits my needs.

The only downfall for the Muse is the support from Samsung. I called technical support with a question and no one knew who I should speak to. I started in the accessories department, I got transferred to cell phones (since it can plug into a cell phone), then the android support department and then yet another department. The first three people I spoke with asked me what a "Muse" is - they did not know. Finally the fourth person was able to assist me.

I really like the Muse but I would suggest if you ever have a question about it try a search engine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful and Portable!, January 20, 2013
Having never owned an MP3 player, this little device was a dream come true. Previously, I used my phone to listen to music when traveling as my husband can not listen to the radio while driving and it was inconvenient when I needed to switch to phone calls and GPS. Now I use this little device to listen to my hearts content. Set up was super easy and quick and I was able to get it up and running quickly using the easy directions provided. The unit is small and portable but has a powerful sound quality. File transfers are fast and and the battery life is good. I do miss having the playlist display to choose songs but the shuffle allows a good variety. The controls take a little getting used to and are sensitive but once you learn where they are you get used to it. The earbuds included fit well and keep the sound contained where it belongs. The clip is sturdy and allows the unit to be placed where you need it. This is a great little unit for someone who hasn't had a lot of experience with an MP3 player and doesn't need a huge amount of storage for songs and for people on the go who take their music with them.

ARRAY(0xa281cf90)