4.0 out of 5 stars Safety First
Application:
Putting it on is the usual struggle but made easier given it is a wet application. Clean your screen, maybe use some Air Duster for the stuff you can't see... get some scotch tape a blot the screen because that will help pick up those minute particles. Generously apply [included] spray onto screen and then CAREFULLY position an edge of the protector,...
Published on January 19, 2012 by L. Demery

1.0 out of 5 stars Steinheil usually great, but not this one
Let me begin by saying that I am a past very satisfied Steinheil customer. I have purchased screen protectors for various phones I have owned and I have always been very pleased with the quality, particularly the Ultra Crystal series (light blue package).

So when I picked up a Galaxy Nexus, I didn't think twice about buying this product (in fact I bought two)...
Published on December 27, 2011 by Gregory Burlingame

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars guess you don't always get what you pay for, May 15, 2012
This review is from: SPIGEN SGP Samsung Galaxy Nexus Prime Screen Protector Steinheil Flex Series (Works with Verizon, Sprint, and Unlocked models) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
Buy 3 or 4 of these things because it will probably take that many tries to get the install right. Pretty sure if I had a few more packs I could perfect the art. Of course, then my screen would still look awful underneath this thing. Sucked the color and life out of my Nexus!

I know what you're thinking. You're reading reviews and thinking, "application couldn't really be that hard. I'm good with my hands. I've installed protectors before. What's the big deal?" Nope. It's hard, friends. You can spray your fingers to prevent fingerprints on the application side of the screen, but it dries quick and it's difficult to avoid creating smudges. Like other urethane protectors, it stretches so lining it up accurately is tough. You'll have to keep pulling up and resetting to get the angles right. Better hurry, though, because that spray is drying up. Well now you've got bubbles. Getting them out is gonna be a pain. The instructions tell you not to press too hard with that squeegy, but even the lightest pressure leaves wormy trails across the urethane that never come out. No piece of this looked smooth, just pitted and carved like a piece of driftwood. I hoped it wouldn't be noticeable while in an application. No such luck. Not the look I was going for. I tried again with number two, moving slower to prevent bubbles in the first place. I made slightly better progress but after a day, I couldn't stand what it did to the colors and gloss of my beautiful screen. With wormy trails on top to boot!

I did my best with this product and really wanted it to succeed. Save yourself and your Nexus; navigate away from this page and purchase something else.

3.0 out of 5 stars Installs easily but not as transparent as I would like, April 16, 2012
Installed relatively easily using a wet application process. Everything was included including detailed and adequate instructions. Although it doesn't say so, it's best to do this in the bathroom with the shower running on full hot to get up a lot of steam in the room. That way you get the least chance of dust or hair getting under the screen protector and ruining an otherwise perfect installation. The size was just right, but orange peel, while very slight, is a bit visible in places, mostly near the edges. Just as claimed, any small bubbles that are present after a correct installation (and you will have some) will completely disappear over a day or two. Mine were gone within about 12 hours.

My biggest complaint is that the screen protector takes away from the beautiful screen. It seems to absorb some of the light passing through it reducing the brightness. It's difficult to read the screen in bright direct sunlight. I can't say that I compared a before and after installation for brightness but am basing the before on what other people say about the magnificent screen on the Galaxy Nexus. I can't make that claim, it is not nearly as bright as I'd like it to be and I believe that this is due to the screen protector.

The screen protector attracts lots of fingerprints, but it wasn't sold making any claims to reduce them. They wipe or polish off with a clean tissue or cloth (like your shirt lol) very easily.

I will not get this particular screen protector next time, I will try something that I read is more transparent so that my screen appears brighter (assuming that something like that actually exists).

1.0 out of 5 stars Easy to apply but not a good product., March 10, 2012
This screen protector is easy to apply, no bubbles. However, it's not a good product. It ruins the look on the Nexus screen and oily on the surface. I give a star for easy to apply, other than that, highly not recommended!

1.0 out of 5 stars i don't advise !, February 8, 2012
Installation is difficult the bubble things will make you suffer, and the worst thing it keeps finger print always, every time you need clean it.

3.0 out of 5 stars My first wet application - not for me, January 10, 2012
I have owned multiple iterations of SGP screen protectors for many Android devices, but they were all dry applications. I loved them all.

This was my first attempt at a wet application. I'm really not a fan of the orange peel problem. I will try a few more times, but I can't seem to get this one on very smooth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great look and feel compared to other wet-install protectors, January 9, 2012
My cousin told me about SGP Steinheil Protectors. I purchased two of the Ultra Optic screen protectors for my parents iPhone 4Ses and I loved the quality of the screen protector. I then considered purchased one for my Galaxy Nexus (GN); unfortunately the only dry install screen protector SGP makes for the GN is the Ultra Oleophobic and I read that that screen protector is cut is a little small to accomodate the curved glass. I then decided to purchase the Steinheil Flex Series and I must say I'm very pleased. I absolutely had wet installations. I had a bad experience with Zagg's InvisibleShield. The IS was very thick and produced an orange peel effect that I didn't like. For those that are wondering, the orange peel effect is when you look at the screen protector is has the texture appearance of that of an orange (I was confused myself). And it gave my iPod touch a very unpleasant rubbery feeling and it made it hard to clean.

The SGP Flex Series is much better compared to the Zagg InvisibleShield, in my own opinion. There is very very minimal orange peel effect - some even claim it has no orange peel effect but I can see some on mine, not a deal breaker. Installation is quite difficult I must say but I am very glad that they included two of the screen protectors as I totally ruined the first one. I do like that they come off easily and with no residue (and are somewhat reusable as they don't stretch easily (unlike Zagg's).

I can say that the clarity of this product is very good. When I first installed it, there were some signs of rainbow effect (which is an effect caused by some screen protectors that cause some neutral colors [namely grey, white, etc] to have a pixelated effect which in turn looks like rainbows) but only in the areas where microbubbles appeared. After the time period SGP mentions the microbubbles disappear, the rainbow effect also disappeared. There was another review on here that said that he or she had very bad rainbow effect, however I can see how a bad install can attribute to a rainbow effect.

As for glare, they don't really cut down much on the amount of glare that occurs on the screen, but compared to the anti-glare screen protectors Verizon sells, I would much prefer this over Verizon's.

I have to say that the screen protector is very smooth and is not rubbery feeling unlike Zagg's InvisibleShield. The protector is also clear enough that it does not interfere with the proximity and light sensors.

I do have to say that the screen protector is almost invisible as it is cut almost precisely to the exact size of the glass on the GNEx, however I am extremely pleased with the SGP Steinheil Flex Series Screen Protector; I plan on purchasing all my screen protectors from this company in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars blows zagg away..., January 7, 2012
i have been using zagg invisible shields forever because they have honestly always come out better than other wet apply protectors i have tried. When i saw SGP released a wet apply i was tempted to try it out because i have also used various SGP dry apply protectors, and IMO they are the BEST out there. This shield blew me away.... not only does it fit much better than the zagg shield, it has much less of an "orange peel" effect, something i wasn't crazy about with the zagg shields. The thing that sold me however was the feel of the shield... I'm not quite sure how to explain it but, once this dries it has the same texture as the SGP Ultra Oleophobic , its EXTREMELY smooth and silky to the touch, and not rubbery like the zagg, feels almost like the glass underneath! take negative reviews with a grain of salt, YES ALL WET APPLY PROTECTORS ARE TRICKY TO GET ON, YOUTUBE A TUTORIAL FOLKS, thats what the internet is for...this product is bomb, AND THEY GIVE YOU 2 IN A BOX! :D so used to only getting one with zagg, lol.

4.0 out of 5 stars Please give it at least 48 hours!, January 7, 2012
First of all, let me tell you that i am very anal about quality.
Being said that this SGP Steinheil Flex screen protector is absolutely four star one.

I tried Skinomi and XO versions for my brand new galaxy nexus but had to throw them away. Quality was not good enough for my baby.

This sgp however exceeds quality of the other two in almost every way!

But please give it at least 48 hours after installation, before you judge. I almost threw away this one too. (I must admit i became too impatient because of previous two failures) All major bubbles are now gone and screen look crystal clear. And this one covers almost edge to edge ( around 0.4mm each side). Touch is very glass like, sensitive and responsive.

I give it 4 stars because ; it is harder to install. This is same wet application skin as xo or skinomi but unlike both, this one is very sticky on the screen side of skin, making it difficult to apply on a correct position. Secondly, screen gets very oily after some use, more than the others. I guess that's why there's anti-oil version from SGP.

To summarize, I think this is still the best screen protector for galaxy nexus out there right now. But you have to give it at least 48 hours to cure.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good quality but hard to apply, May 1, 2012
Quality seems good, however it's very difficult to apply. What makes it worse is that it comes with only two screen protectors.
If you have difficult applying such delicate things or don't have much patience and no one around to help you with, then buy a couple of these to guarantee.

3.0 out of 5 stars No very good if you have certain cases.., May 1, 2012
TJ Donnell (Cedar Park, Texas United States) - See all my reviews
The case I have for my GNex is from Verizon. It's the silicone, non slip design that sits on the edges of my screen. I bought this screen protector and it too sits on the edge of my phone screen which made it peel up on the edges.

Eventually, dirt and dust got to it and it was useless after a few weeks. It was also pretty difficult to put on w/o air bubbles. Let's face it, most of us don't put on screen protectors for a living so doing it once every 6 months means we have to re-learn the process. This was more difficult than others I have tried.

However, it's purpose to protect the screen and it did that. I had put it in my pocket with my money clip. The metal from my clip rubbed on the screen and this protected it! Did a great job in this area.

Overall, it's ok but I will not be buying another one for this phone/case combo.

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›