Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Samsung RBBD-D5250C/ZA Refurbished Blu-Ray Player with HDMI Cable, Black
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

VINE VOICEon September 30, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I just received the Samsung RBBD-D5250C/ZA blu-ray (refurbished) player. After playing both blu-ray and standard DVD concert disks on the player I'm left wondering what could have been wrong with it.

The Samsung compares very favorably with the LG BD270 (entry level) blu-ray player that I've owned for three years and like a lot. And the Samsung is more; it is network capable for downloading material online.

I do not discern any difference in video quality between the LG player and the Samsung; they're both excellent. There is a difference with audio. A number of concert DVDs and blu-ray disks with DTS audio that I've played on the LG did not generate sound in the center speaker while my Sony amplifier was in its normal setting. Those same disks when played on the Samsung generate audio in all speakers. Better still selecting 2 channel stereo (instead of 5.1 or DTS) also distributes sound in all 5 speakers. The remote control does not open/close the tray; that must be done manualy on the front panel which is very sensitive to touch.

I can't say with much certainty that a refurbished player will not malfuction again but as of now I'll recommend it for purchase at this low price.
on October 12, 2012
Maybe I got the lemon of the bunch but this Blu Ray player was a pretty big failure. I typically try not to buy anything refurbished but at this price, I figured I would take a chance and if it needed to be replaced in a year, so be it. After setting up the player and connecting it to the internet (via cat5 cable), things seemed to be working fine. I linked my Netflix account to the player and watched a couple of minutes of various movies I've viewed in the past and it worked fine enough. I must say, the quality of the streaming videos was not as good as when watching from my Xbox or Playstation 3, but I figured I could live with it since I already had other avenues of watching Netflix.

The main reason I bought this was so I could have a Blu Ray player in the bedroom and hence the reason for my 1-star rating. I popped in a Blu Ray disc (The Avengers) and settled in but to my major disappointment, about 40 minutes into the movie the player began making a whirling sound...like it was trying to load a disc. Then all of sudden the picture on the screen froze up and then started playing frame by frame, like when you pause a movie then hit the slow-motion forward button. So I stopped the movie and tried to play from where it froze and again, same slow-motion issue. The disc was brand new so it couldn't have been due to a scratch but I tried to give the player the benefit of the doubt (because I hate returning things) and popped in another Blu Ray disc. Unfortunately, same frustrating issue after about the 40th minute in the movie. So just to make sure it wasn't a Blu Ray thing, I put in a regular DVD and same thing happened with it.

Again, I probably got that one bad player of the lot...but it is a "refurb" machine and it needed to be refurbished in the first place for some reason, right. In this case, whoever did the repairs obviously didn't sit through and try to watch a movie on this particular machine.
on September 12, 2012
The player met all my expectations. It is a top quality player that presents properly to formats. As a refurbished unit, it is a great deal. Make sure not to misplace remote as manual buttons are not as easy to use as other players and limit functions.
on September 16, 2012
This product met all of my expectations. I love all the different options with all the apps. The quality is beautiful! Thanks!
on April 8, 2013
the netflix interface is horrible. the remote is unresponsive. it stopped playing blu rays. you have to buy an adapter to hook up to internet. I bought it cheap like $60 so I guess it was my fault but now im seeing it for 149.99? if it's anything like what i bought, dont you dare buy it. go buy the sony bdp s590 it's $144 and works. This is what you get for trying to go cheap on electronics.
on November 26, 2012
The player has great apps but no horse power. Right from the start, I got an error message saying the hardware didn't have enough RAM. You can either play disks (which it does really well) or use internet apps (which it doesn't do really well), but don't try both sequentially. No instructions on how to upgrade. I haven't tried the Geek Squad yet. For the price, it's good for the kids. Don't bother with an extended warranty, there isn't one.
on June 17, 2013
I've been quite impressed so far with this Blu-Ray player. Yeah it's a refurb, and it's last year's model, but it works great. It's also a well made piece of equipment, which is evident when you hold and use it. For less than $75, I wanted a player that would last and had a proven track record, and that's what this is. It looks excellent, so I wouldn't worry about getting a beat up unit or anything like that. (Though I can only speak for the one I received.) The playback is solid and the load time is better than many newer, but lower end models. I can't really speak for the apps (Netflix, etc.) because I use a Roku for that. Overall, it's good value for a better than average player.

I did pick up the 2 year SquareTrade warranty for an extra $6. I figure that if it's going to fall apart on me, hopefully it'll do it before then.

I'll go ahead and give an update six months down the road.
on October 28, 2012
I am usually skeptical when purchasing a refurbished electronic product but I took a chance and brought this Samsung blue-ray dvd player. The unit itself looks great. Set up is easy. Internet connection is available. The sharp picture quality and sound is outstanding. If you are looking for a blu-ray dvd player look no further. I could not tell that this unit was refurbished. A great product at a great price.
on February 28, 2013
No wifi in the player, so if you want a streaming player out of the box then get a different model. Otherwise this thing is great. I would love if the software was less clunky, but I haven't found many regular Blu-Ray players to have fast software anyway. It's classy and looks nice. Low profile and worked immediately.
on October 24, 2013
Quick often the player will stop working or otherwise pixelate the image. Might even go into a stop and go play mode. One has to pull the plug out to reset the system in such cases.

The remote has the most commonly used buttons placed too low to be comfortable.

This is the third Samsung device that has failed on me.

See 1 answered question