5.0 out of 5 stars Only a week now, but really impressed
We had this side by side Whirpool Gold for 8 years and we mistakenly taught it to be a good purchase.
When it broke last May, we found that the parts in the compressor compartment were attached with tie-wraps and Sears service were not even able to fix it anymore (because the fridge was cheaply made but also because they are really incompetent).
So when the...
Published on July 19, 2011 by Dan

1.0 out of 5 stars Problems with Samsung refrigerators
I own an RF267 Samsung fridge. I highly suggest you search online about problems with Samsung refrigerators that are only 2-3 years old. Ours is leaking water. Our in-laws are having the same problem with their Samsung refrigerator. I suggest you do some research before buying a Samsung refrigerator.
Published 20 months ago by amazonman288

5.0 out of 5 stars Only a week now, but really impressed, July 19, 2011
This review is from: Samsung RF4267 26 Cubic Foot French Door Refrigerator with 4 Doors and Integrated Water & Ice, Real Stainless
So when the Sears tech mentioned that KitchenAid has better warranty and after the third unsuccessful repair we decided to replace the Whirpool crap, we went to look for a KitchenAid. But then we learned that they are all made by Whirpool: KitcheAid, Maytag, and some others too. They all look the same, they all have this stupid water dispenser that you have to keep the door open to use it and they are all the same questionable quality as our old fridge.
We finally decided for the Samsung and so far we are very happy with our decision. Even in the store it was standing away from all the others and it was making a huge impression as a product of a different clas.. We have it only for a week now, so there is no reliability proof yet, but quality wise, you can feed the difference immediatelly. Great finish, quiet, everything works pefeect, and the electronic controls are just great. Everything looks like it was well thaught and designed. Nothing was neglected. Not talking about you having 25.5 cu.ft. where all the other brands have only 22 cu.ft.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Fridge I've ever owned, June 1, 2013
I purchased this fridge in Dec 2012. It's very easy to clean the inside. The crispers keep my fruits and veggies fresh MUCH longer than my old Amana did and it was only 8 years old. It holds ALOT of food. The doors hold many condiments too. I like being able to open just one side of the fridge. My family loves the middle drawer. It minimizes the whole fridge opening. I keep cheese, soda and sparkling water and yogurt in the drawer. It is really handy. The freezer has two compartments on the bottom and then a slim drawer on top. These compartments make it really easy to organize your freezer. I read alot of reviews before I purchased this item. The biggest, most consistent complaint was the ice maker. I have to agree that the ice maker is noisy when the fresh ice empties into the compartment. Also, there isn't a lot of ice. This isn't an issue for our family since we don't use lots of ice. If we are having a party, we always go out and buy ice, even when we had our old refrigerator. But if lots of ice is a big deal to you, you won't like this fridge. I get loads of compliments on the looks of the fridge too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone plays with my fridge., October 19, 2013
We went through about 6 months of searching for a fridge to fit our small kitchen.
Our wish list was:

* Available in white
* Water/Ice dispenser that accommodates a 9in high Keurig style water container
* 4 doors
* All LED and best in power saving features

What we found "finally" !!!! was the Samsung RF4267HAWP.

And we just love it! All of our friends love it too.. I always catch guests playing with it and opening doors and just staring at it. Our sons friends call it the star-trek fridge.. lol

We have had it 3 years now and have NEVER had a single problem with it.

However we don't have hard water here, and we don't have it cranked to maximum cool or anything.

I would suspect many people don't realize that hard water can cause a mirade of problems with water lines coming into a fridge.

Maintenance people.. maintenance!!

We love our fridge.

4.0 out of 5 stars good looking, October 14, 2013
This refrigerator is stylish, but lacking a few things inside -- e.g.: no butter keeper, no egg tray. Had fridge for a few weeks, so far no problems. Although ice maker is noisy. BUT BEWARE! Samsung's customer service is a disgrace. They do not answer e-mail questions, and chat sessions and phone calls get you no place. The agents do not understand problems and cannot provide solutions. For example, there is a thin rubber strip attached underneath the refrigerator, in the center, that runs from front to back, and it touches the floor. I asked an agent what it was and why it was there, and he told me to send him a picture of the part I was talking about. At first he did not know the difference between interior and exterior, and I had to explain that underneath meant exterior. I said I'd have to tilt the 400-lb. refrigerator on its back to take a picture of the underside of it, which I could not do, and again he said he'd need a photograph. He would not put me through to a designer or a technician or an engineer, and he said someone would email me. Still waiting after several weeks. Also the customer service people do not have a clue as to what the various abbreviations in the manual stand for. Asking for Samsung help is useless. Their agents are imbeciles.

1.0 out of 5 stars Problems with Samsung refrigerators, June 14, 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars DONT not event consider!!!, October 11, 2013
I had one of these replaced within the first 10 days,,, the 2nd one lasted 2 months,, I now have 3rd one after the year,, the icemaker on this one doesnt work any better than the first one,, Samsung customer support takes the attitude,, just replace it till it out of warranty and they are done with you... I would NEVER consider another samsung unit again! Stay clear of the this product and the company.

2.0 out of 5 stars Invest in an extended warranty, May 31, 2014
The refrigerator part of this unit has been fine, as has been the water dispenser. However, our unit is only 2 years old and the icemaker is dead or "inoperable" as our technician tells us. The flapper on the door dispenser also has an air leak. Called Samsung because it seems that the icemaker was faulty coming out of the factory. They will not do anything to cover the cost because the refrigerator only had a one-year warranty. So if you do buy this unit, invest in an extended warranty. Samsung's "executive customer service" is useless.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect so far, September 11, 2013
Have only had fridge a week but love it. May write again after a few months to confirm statements. Middle draw is so smart an addition. No need to open a door for a yogurt or cheese. Friends are impressed with good looks of design and practicality. Door alarm great addition. Replaced 24 year old GE side by side which had no problems. Hope this well designed product gives the same good service.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, especially the middle draw, October 13, 2013
We have owned this model for 1 1/2 years. It is great. Don't know why more manufacturers don't do the middle draw the same way. We use it all the time for deli items etc. smarter than having a freezer draw. Saves opening the main doors for a simple item such as spread or cheese. Great design with flexible shelves also.

1.0 out of 5 stars Samsung Fridges are Junk!, June 18, 2013
Samsung Fridges have MAJOR problems. See this site: http://www.applianceblog.com/mainforums/samsung/26180-samsung-water-bottom-refrigerator.html . After 3.5 years, mine builds up water in the bottom all the time because of corrosion and blocked drains. For 2000 bucks, get another brand and save the hassle and heartache!