Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Samsung Rugby II, Black (AT&T)” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 60% off the $349.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
- Size (LWH): 4.01 inches, 2.05 inches, 0.86 inches
- Network Compatibility: UMTS
- Phone Book Capacity: 500 Entries
- Minimum Rated Talk Time: 360 minutes
- Minimum Rated Standby Time: 504 hours
- Battery Type: Lithium Ion
Ideal for on-site field services, the rugged Samsung Rugby II for AT&T builds on the success of its predecessor with improved noise suppression, and an external speaker making it easier to communicate regardless of the environment. Certified to the Military Standard MIL-STD 810G, this highly durable handset is perfect for users like construction foremen and landscape designers.
The ruggedized Samsung Rugby II
is certified to Military Standard
MI-SID-810G, withstanding dust,
shock vibrations, rain, and more.
Snap pics and videos on the go
with the 2-megapixel camera.
Enabled for use on AT&T's lightning quick HSPDA 3G network, you'll be able to easily access the Internet as well as make a call while simultaneously receiving picture/text messages and email, or viewing Web pages. In addition to access to the AT&T Navigation turn-by-turn direction service, the Rugby II also features compatibility with Push to Talk communication and AT&T's Video Share calling services.
The Rugby II is also compatible with TeleNav Track and Xora GPS Timetrack, two solutions from AT&T's Mobile Resource Management applications that can help improve workforce productivity. They're ideal for transportation, distribution, construction, field service, maintenance, landscaping, and other businesses and government agencies looking to increase visibility in their field operations, monitor and track location and activities of their employees, and improve responsiveness and productivity.
Other features include a 2-megapixel camera/camcorder, Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, microSD memory expansion to 32 GB, access to mobile personal email, and up to 6 hours of talk time.
- Fast 3G connectivity via AT&T's HSDPA/UMTS network (850/1900 MHz bands; 3.6/7.2 Mbps speeds with network availability).
- GPS navigation capabilities via AT&T Navigator service include audible turn-by-turn directions, real-time traffic updates, and re-routing options. This phone also includes a digital compass.
- Certified to military standard MIL-STD-810G to withstand dust, shock, vibration, rain, humidity, solar radiation, altitude, and temperature extremes, ideal for use even in the toughest of environments
- Intelligent voice processor helps enhance voice and suppress noise for clear communications nearly anywhere. Like the human ear, the chip isolates your voice, and filters out all the unwanted background noise, for unsurpassed mobile call clarity without the noise from a busy street, loud public places, nearby conversations, or even sirens going by.
- Push to Talk (PTT) capabilities with large external speakers (additional subscription required). Push to Talk gives you the ability to pull an entire work group into a wireless call from a PTT session (learn more below)
- 2.2-inch internal screen (240 x 320 pixels, 262K color depth) with 1.3-inch external screen displaying current time, signal strength, battery life, and more.
- Standard alpha-numeric keypad
- 2-megapixel camera/camcorder
- Multi-format digital audio player compatible with MP3, WMA, and AAC/AAC+ formats plus compatibility with AT&T Music services (including streaming radio)
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP Bluetooth profile--enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock.
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB.
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS text, MMS picture, and IM instant messaging (via popular services including AOL, Yahoo!, and Windows Live).
- Access to personal e-mail (AOL, Gmail, Yahoo!, and Windows Live)
- AT&T Social Net social networking app enables you to view and manage all your social networking connections and updates from Facebook, MySpace, and Twitter.
- Free AT&T Address Book service allows you to sync your contacts to an online address book, enabling you to access and manage your mobile contacts from your handset or your PC. From the online interface, you can import contacts from other Web-based address books, such as personal email accounts, as well as send text messages to your contacts' mobile numbers.
The Samsung Rugby II weighs 3.52 ounces and measures 4.01 x 2.05 x 0.86 inches. Its 1300 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 6 hours of talk time, and up to 504 hours (21 days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies as well as AT&T's dual-band 3G network (850/1900 MHz; HSDPA/UMTS).
What's in the Box
Samsung Rugby II handset, rechargeable battery, charger, USB cable, quick start guide, user manual (on CD)
|High-speed data connectivity via AT&T's 3G mobile broadband data network: The dual-band 850/1900 MHz 3G network provides up to 3.6/7.2 Mbps of download speed, making it possible to enjoy a variety of feature-rich wireless multimedia services, and it gives you the advantage of offering simultaneous voice and data services. |
In areas where the 3G network is not available, you'll continue to receive service on the AT&T EDGE network, which offers availability in more than 13,000 US cities and along some 40,000 miles of major highways. Providing average data speeds between 75-135Kbps, it's fast enough to support a wide range of advanced data services, including full picture and video messaging, high-speed color Internet access, and email on the go.
|Push-to-Talk (PTT) functionality enables you to instantly contact any other AT&T user. PTT works across the entire network to make sure you have a clear signal so you can get things done. Easy-to-read icons let you know when members of your contact list are available, not available, or have their status set to "Do Not Disturb." You can also set your own status to let others know that you're busy. When a quick PTT call needs to be a longer discussion convert the call easily to a regular voice call--works for one-to-one calls as well as group calls. Save time on group calling by pulling up your contacts and simply "marking" those you wish to include on a call--no need to set up and save groups before calling, unless you want to.|
|The full-featured, premium AT&T Navigator GPS navigation application includes audible turn-by-turn directions, real-time traffic updates and re-routing options, and 3D moving maps (additional charges applicable). AT&T Navigator offers several other features to make your commute more enjoyable and reliable, including mobile access to Yellowpages.com. Additionally, AT&T Navigator is the only mobile phone-based GPS service that provides integrated speech recognition for address entry and points of interest search.|
|AT&T Mobile Music enables you to buy tracks while on the go, access the Napster and eMusic subscription music services, stream music video, discover what's playing with Music ID song-recognition software, and find out what's hot with The Buzz music news portal.|
|AT&T's Video Share service enables you to send a live, one-way video stream to another compatible phone during a standard voice call. The service also allows you to switch the direction of the video stream during the same phone call. (Customers must be in an area served by the company's 3G network, and have a Video Share-enabled phone.) While using Video Share with family and friends is a fun way to communicate, it's also very useful for business. For example, a majority of users in the architecture, engineering, and construction industries rated the ability to share live video through Video Share highly, according to research commissioned by AT&T. Video Share lets you see progress on a job site, or review the day's work, without having to drive from an office or other site to do so.|
Top Customer Reviews
+ Two stars for what I feel is good Samsung quality (should have been 4).
- Eleventy stars for AT&T customer disdain.
The texting bit is still a hassle, though. Predictive texting is easier, but a bit sketchy, and I haven't found a way to get rid of words from its vocabulary once they've been added. It's bulky and heavy, too, but it helps me keep up with it. If I'm suddenly feeling lighter, I know I've left my phone somewhere. LOL If you want a feather-light phone or one with all the bells and whistles, this isn't the phone you want. You'll need a heavy duty case, too. I use a magnetic one made by body glove.
I haven't had any difficulty pairing the Rugby II to my mac or my phone, or my PDA for that matter (BUT it won't SYNC with the Mac or PDA b/c they're not Windows machines). I can send pics, videos, etc. with no difficulty. Also, on the previous phones, I don't know if there was a voice dial option, but it's on the II. It's just a big P.I.T.A. to use, and it takes too long to respond. Don't try to voice dial 911. You'll die before the call's been made (maybe I'm exaggerating a little bit! lol).
The memory's decent, but that was never a complaint of mine with the original, either.Read more ›
For a couple of months this phone worked fine ... and yes, took some minor abuse in stride. And then, the other day I reached into my pocket for my car keys, and the phone fell out. The case broke apart where the phone flips on the right side ... and now some of the electronics are exposed. It fell about three feet onto the asphalt. I was told that it could take "punishment" up to a 30 foot fall.
It makes me wonder a bit about the military specifications mentioned in the paperwork and various sites I've seen.
If you buy this phone, I sincerely hope that you have better luck than I did!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Invest in a better case for the phone you have now. One week and it broke in two.Published 11 months ago by Robin Dillard
This was a Christmas present for my dad. He loves it. It arrived on time. It was packaged safely. It's just what the low tech man needed. He's not interested in smartphones. Read morePublished on January 18, 2014 by Rosalind Mabry-Lee
Great basic phone. Love the metal attached clip as l keep a tether on my phone.i had rugby 1 and loved it too. Read morePublished on August 23, 2013 by LaPorteLS
it is a great flip phone,very durable,easy to operate,small and compact,it's every thing i hoped it would be for a flipPublished on August 19, 2013 by Tim Warren
I really like the phone,I am a senior and it's good to have the large numbers,I use a desktop and really don't need all the apps that most of the new models have. Read morePublished on August 11, 2013 by Patsy Sue Butler
I have a Samsung Rugby II for almost two years. It was working fine so far. Yesterday, I accidentally dropped the phone in water and it died immediately. Read morePublished on July 20, 2013 by DigitalFan
I bought this phone through Amazon as an existing ATT customer. The Amazon website will verify this before selling you the phone, but it will not take you to the ATT website. Read morePublished on May 7, 2013 by bigc
This phone feels and looks high quality. It is kind of big but not too heavy. Other flip phones I've handled feels like cheap toys in comparison. The call quality is great. Read morePublished on April 3, 2013 by kontai69
This phone has taken everything I have thrown at it and more. For instance, once I accidentally left it powered on and inside my pants pocket while those pants were being machine... Read morePublished on March 27, 2013 by Dave