- Size (LWH): 2.1 inches, 0.8 inches, 4.1 inches
- Weight: 4.64 ounces
- Network Compatibility: UMTS
- Minimum Rated Talk Time: 240 minutes
- Minimum Rated Standby Time: 204 hours
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
The Samsung Rugby III SGH-A997 is an update to the Rugby II and bumps up to a larger 2.4-inch display, and a 3-megapixel camera resolution. This is a rugged and waterproof cell phone adhering to military specifications. The Rugby III also features 3G data, push-to-talk, GPS navigation, music player, and microSD slot for additional storage. This cell phone is also equipped with Bluetooth compatibility, video recording, and support for multiple languages including French and Spanish. With quandband GSM and WCDMA modes, this cell phone is also capable for international use.
Maintain crystal clear call quality no matter where you are with the Rugby III's large external speaker. view larger
The Samsung Rugby III is a durable flip phone made to handle the elements. Its compact design is dustproof, shock resistant, and water resistant-- it can be completely submerged for up to 30 minutes. With a three megapixel camera to take photos onsite and a 2.4-inch QVGA display for easy viewing, the Rugby III is ideal for work or play outdoors. This phone supports AT&T's 3G services and Enhance Push to Talk capabilities.
Sturdy Design, Military-Grade Durability
If you need a rugged phone you won't have to worry about on the job, the Rugby III has you covered. This phone is certified to Military Standard 810G, which means it can handle anything from drops to dust. It's water-resistant and able to withstand humidity and high temperatures.
Enjoy a stress-free commute with AT&T's turn-by-turn directions and proactive traffic alerts. aGPS also features Allsport, a GPS workout tracker, and Loopt, a location-based social network application.
Improved Call Quality
Keep your calls clear, even if the world around you gets chaotic. The Rugby III's large external speaker and improved noise suppression makes sure callers will understand you clearly and correctly every time.
Enhanced Push-To-Talk Preloaded
Make and take business calls with the touch of a button. The Rugby III includes Enhanced Push-to-Talk (PTT) technology, which enables business users to communicate in an instantaneous walkie-talkie fashion, even to large groups. Enhanced PTT allows calls with up to 250 users at a time and includes:
- Large contact lists up to 1,000 people
- Override controls for supervisors in order to communicate important, time-sensitive messages to their teams
- Multitasking capabilities: use productivity applications, GPS or cameras during calls
- Access to AT&T's expansive 3G, 4G, and 4G LTE networks
- Ability to view your contacts' availabilities in real time
Call Restriction Features for Your Business
When you're on the job, your phone should be too. With the Samsung Rugby III, you can limit phone numbers to only those on the SIM card or in the device's contact list. Easily restrict other features such as IM, messaging, and address book access to ensure the phone is only being used for the task at hand.
The Samsung Rugby III measures 4.1 x 2.1 x 0.8 inches (W x H x D) and weighs 4.7 ounces.
What's in the Box
Samsung Rugby III device, standard battery, micro USB data cable, AC charging block, quick start guide.
Top Customer Reviews
The Rugby III has a few notable improvements, the most obvious being the larger main screen. It's 240x320 pixel and 2.4 inches diagonal, same as a number of "senior-oriented" phones like the Pantech Breeze line and the LG A340, also offered by AT&T. The web browser is a bit better now, and can handle most reasonable web sites, although you're not going to watch movies on this phone. The texting interface is nicer and offers a lot more special characters than before. The camera has been increased to 3MP in size, but still doesn't offer many effects features - but it is now fully functional from the outside while closed, using the external screen as the viewfinder. The AT&T Address Book sync feature is probably the only useful app of the included bloatware - it allows you to upload your address book from both the phone and SIM to an AT&T server, where you can then retrieve it from a different/new phone should something happen to yours. The Rugby III also includes AT&T's enhanced Push To Talk (ePTT).
On the downside, I'm disappointed with the navigation buttons. The main arrow keys are almost flush to the center button and are visibly smaller than they used to be, making it very easy to accidentally push "OK" when you meant to go left or right. The USB/charging port is still that flimsy little tab and is even more difficult to open quickly.Read more ›
- It is a world phone
- It has physical buttons
- The hinge for the lid when you flip the phone up feels solid
- When you cover the charger port back up, it has a secure seal, unlike other phones where the cover piece feels cheap.
- The battery lasts for days.
- The audio quality for the ear piece and speaker phone sounds pretty good.
- The ringer is loud and stays at the same loud volume I have it set to, loud enough for me to hear it across the room.
- The microphone to talk into is below the number pad.
- It can download MP3 ringtones and wallpapers
- It displays text messages individually
- It does not require a data plan.
- When typing a text message, even if I have the Abc mode selected, sometimes the phone will not let me capitalize a letter and I have to press the * key numerous times to cycle through the text input modes before I can type the capital letter I want.
- The camera on this device is not the greatest, but it does the job okay.
- The phone only comes with one game, which does not bother me, but it could be a problem for those who like to have games on their smart or basic phones.
- It accidentally takes pictures of the inside of my pocket if I do not have the phone in a case. Definitely get a protective case for this phone to prevent you from pressing the buttons on the side.
- The Push To Talk button is easy to accidentally press.
With the Samsung Rugby III, I found more positives than negatives and I definitely would recommend this phone to someone who is hard on cell phones or has a job where he or she needs a phone that can hold up pretty well.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
good product, fast shipping, has recommended this to many friends. ThanksPublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
I'm impressed with this phone and the manner by which it arrived @ my door.Published 2 months ago by JPA
I purchased this phone for my husband. He likes that it is easy to use. It is exactly what he wanted. Thank you.Published 6 months ago by Susan C.
Have had this phone for over a year and still have trouble getting through it intuitively. Plus, seems that sometimes messages are signaled upon delivery and sometimes not -- a... Read morePublished 7 months ago by HappilyRetired