4G LTE-enabled waterproof (1m for 30 min.), dustproof and shock resistant smartphone with Android 2.3 Gingerbread OS, 3.7-inch Super AMOLED Display with reinforced shock resistant glass, and a single-core 1.4 GHz processor Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (with optional Wi-Fi Mobile Hotspot service) 5-MP camera; 720p camcorder; front-facing video chat camera; Bluetooth stereo music; 4 GB memory (expandable to 36GB with an optional 32GB microSD card); corporate and personal e-mail released in March, 2012 What's in the Box: handset, battery, USB charger, micro USB cable, Quick Start Guide
Samsung Rugby Smart At a Glance:
- 3G/4G connectivity
- Android 2.3 OS
- 1.4 GHz single-core processor
- 4 GB internal memory
- 3.7-inch Super AMOLED Plus touchscreen
- Rugged Durability - Waterproof (1m for 30 mins.)
- 5-MP camera + Full HD 720p video capture
- GPS navigation
- Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n)
- Bluetooth 3.0
- Personal/corporate e-mail
Built for durability, the Samsung Rugby Smart provides water intrusion protection submersible to 1m for 30 minutes and dust proof which makes it an ideal device for active lifestyle consumers as well as enterprise customers whose smartphone has to take a beating. Corporate email, navigation and enhanced web browsing is supported and access to an abundance of content on the Android Marketplace positions the Samsung Rugby Smart to fulfill all your smartphones needs with the physical strength to handle whatever you throw at it.
Lightning fast reflexes powered by a 1.4 GHz dual-core processor and AT&T 4G speeds ( view larger).
With AT&T's 4G network, you'll enjoy mobile broadband speeds up to 4x faster than AT&T's already fast mobile broadband network. You also get the AT&T Mobile Hotspot service built right into the smartphone--enabling you to connect additional Wi-Fi-enabled devices to the phone's mobile broadband signal (requires appropriate data plan). This GPS-enabled phone can also access the AT&T Navigator service for turn-by-turn directions.
Other features include an 5-megapixel camera with Full HD 720p video capture, 4GB internal memory, microSD memory expansion to 32 GB, Bluetooth 3.0 connectivity for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, DLNA wireless streaming capabilities, GPS for navigation and location-based services, access to over 200,000 apps in the Android Market, and up to 8 hours of talk time (see full specifications below).
The Brightest, Most Colorful Screen
With an incredibly colorful 3.7-inch Super AMOLED Plus display, the Samsung Rugby Smart has a reinforced shock resistent glass. It also has Mil-Spec 810f certified for rain, dust, shock resistance temperature extremes.
Super Sharp Photos and Videos Plus Video Chat
This Samsung Rugby Smart also captures sharp photos with its 5-megapixel camera with flash, and it records videos in stunning Full 720p resolution. An additional 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera gives you the power to connect with your friends and family face-to-face via video chat. And with Google Talk, you can video chat with all of your Google Talk contacts, whether they are on a mobile phone or a computer.
The Samsung Rugby Smart weighs 4.2 ounces and measures 4.8 x 2.6 x 0.5 inches. Its 1650 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 8 hours of talk time, and up to 16 days of standby time. It runs on AT&T's 4G and HSPA+ networks (850/1900 MHz; HSPA+/HSDPA/UMTS). It's also a quad-band GSM phone (850/900/1800/1900 MHz).
What's in the Box
Samsung Rugby Smart handset, rechargeable battery, USB charger, micro USB cable, quick start guide
AT&T 4G Network
This phone runs on AT&T's dual-band 850/1900 MHz 4G network (UMTS/HSDPA/HSPA+), and with HSPA+ you'll experience mobile data speeds up to 4x faster than ordinary mobile broadband--up to approximately 6 Mbps (download). AT&T has deployed HSPA+ to virtually 100 percent of its mobile broadband network, which enables 4G speeds when combined with enhanced backhaul (via Ethernet or fiber).
Backhaul is one of the major pieces of a telecommunications network. Think of it as the limbs connecting AT&T's cell towers with AT&T's backbone network that provides access to the Internet.
Coming later in 2011, AT&T will deliver a second layer of 4G network called LTE (Long Term Evolution) that is even faster than HSPA+ speeds.
In areas where either AT&T's 3G or 4G network is not available, you'll continue to receive service on the AT&T EDGE network, which offers availability in more than 13,000 US cities and along some 40,000 miles of major highways.
Note: AT&T's 4G mobile broadband coverage is not available in all areas. 4G speeds delivered by HSPA+ with enhanced backhaul; availability increasing with ongoing backhaul deployment.
AT&T Navigator: This premium GPS navigation application includes audible turn-by-turn directions, real-time traffic updates and re-routing options, and 3D moving maps (additional charges applicable). AT&T Navigator offers several other features to make your commute more enjoyable and reliable, including mobile access to Yellowpages.com. You'll be able to find the closes ATM, restaurant, gas station, Wi-Fi hotspot and more with over 10 million business listings.
DataPro 4 GB for Smartphone Tethering: Tethering lets you use your smartphone as a wireless modem or mobile hotspot, enabling you to share your mobile broadband connection to laptops, netbooks, and more. The DataPro 4 GB plan also includes unlimited access to more than 26,000 AT&T Wi-Fi Hot Spots. And if you go over, you'll get an additional 1 GB automatically for only $10.
AT&T FamilyMap: Locate any phone indoors or outdoors on the AT&T Network. FamilyMap provides peace of mind by being able to conveniently locate a family member from your wireless phone or PC and know that your family's information is secure and private. Want to verify that your child arrives home from school each day? Set up a Schedule Check to automatically get location information sent to you via text message or e-mail.
Android Gingerbread Operating System
The Galaxy S II runs the Android 2.3 operating system (dubbed Gingerbread). It features a cleaner, more refined interface with new icons, improved top notification bar, and more intuitive navigation.
Multitasking in Gingerbread allows you the ability to run more than one app at a time. If you're playing a game, you can easily switch to an incoming e-mail and then switch back to the game without losing your place. And like the previous version of Android ("Froyo"), Gingerbread provides support for Adobe Flash Player 10.1 for access to the full Web.
A new onscreen keyboard makes it easier to type thanks to additional spacing between the keys and larger font sizes. And the more you use the keyboard, the easier typing will be as the enhanced suggest feature records previous input history to make better suggestions.
The Galaxy S II also brings one-touch access to the popular Google mobile services you use every day. It also provides easy access to both personal and corporate e-mail, calendars, and contacts supported by Exchange Server and Gmail. And through Android Market, you'll get access to thousands of useful applications, widgets, and fun games to download and install on your phone, with many more apps being added every day.
- Android Market for browsing and downloading thousands of free and paid apps
- Pre-loaded Android apps: Browser, Calculator, Calendar (Google or Corporate), Camera, Clock, Contacts, Email, Gallery, Messaging, Music, News & Weather, Phone, Settings, Video Player, Voice Dialer, Voice Search, YouTube
- Google applications: Gmail, Google Search, Google Voice Search, Google Latitude, Google Maps, Google Places, Google Talk
- Google Maps Navigation with spoken turn-by-turn directions showing real-time traffic and 360° views of the destination
- Ultra-fast 4G connectivity. Where 4G isn't available, your phone will connect with AT&T's 3G network.
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- AT&T Mobile Hotspot capable enabling you to connect multiple devices--from tablets to gaming devices--to the phone's 3G/4G cellular connection via Wi-Fi.
- Next-generation Bluetooth 3.0 connectivity backward compatible with older Bluetooth-enabled peripherals and includes stereo audio streaming.
- Onboard GPS for navigation (using pre-loaded Google Maps or optional AT&T Navigator) and location services
- 1.4 GHz single-core processor speeds up everything--from playing games to watching shows to opening files from work.
- 3.7-inch Super AMOLED Plus multi-touch display (480 x 800 pixels, 16 million color depth)
- MicroUSB port
Communications & Internet
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS text, MMS picture/video and IM instant messaging
- Full HTML browser (Webkit 5) with Flash 10.1 Support
- Personal and corporate e-mail access with support for Exchange ActiveSync as well as personal e-mail accounts (Google push, Yahoo!, POP3, IMAP).
- 4 GB internal memory
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB.
- 5-megapixel with flash
- Full HD 720p video capture
- 1.3-megapixel forward-facing camera for video chats and self portraits.
- Music player compatible with MP3, WMA, AAC, and WAV
- Video player compatible with MP4, M4V, AVI, WMV, and 3GP.
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Hands-free speakerphone
Also Available for This Android Device
| || |
Amazon Appstore for Android
Get a great paid app for free every day.
| || |
Buy a book once and read it everywhere with our free Kindle Reading App for Android.
| || |
Shop 15 million songs and stream your Cloud Drive music directly from your Android device.
| || |
Find local movie showtimes and TV listings, watch trailers, and search the world's largest source of entertainment information.
| || |
Download audiobooks directly to your Android device, then listen wherever you go, get audiobook news, earn badges, and more.
| || |
Shop for millions of products, get product details, and read reviews--right from your mobile device.