Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on January 3, 2013
My son built a computer, and he selected this monitor for gaming. The image is sharp, the colors are bright, the computer animations look fantastic.
on January 4, 2013
It was easy to set up, and the resolution is really good. Worth the $130 spent on it. My husband enjoys playing his computer game on the big screen.
on January 16, 2014
This monitor is great! Super lightweight! When I got this box I also had a couple other things on order and didn't think that my monitor came. I was very surprised when I opened it and found my monitor inside. It was so light weight that I felt like I was going to break it. I would probably say that this was a con if I had to carry it any where.

I also bought this in a hurry and thought that it was LCD (Because of the price) I am very happy to see that it is in fact a LED monitor.

Thank you Samsung for making amazing products!
on November 10, 2012
edit: Its spring 2015 love our monitor :)

We purchased this recently to replace our tube monitor (we have a laptop and lcd tv so are familiar with them) and we love it.
No dead pixels, full diag' 20" viewing, great display color , easy set up, on screen display adjustments (if you install the software. No contrast set just bright and color) I believe its only 720 hd, which to me is fine for such a condensed screen.

The screen tilts slightly to adjust up or down, doesnt appear too just looking, but it does.

I find the stand stable unless youre really bumping the desk (not an issue for us). The unit is very light in weight.

Hdmi set up easy (cables stick out horizontal from its back), comes with vga wire for other option, have not used. No speakers as in description. (If you use hdmi just go in your pc control panel thru' start and set your default to pc speakers in sound area.)

Its a nice size for those who want hd but not huge and yet a bit larger then laptop.

You can view it from some varying angles with very little degradation but too much of a relocation of view and you will have to move it a bit. (ive seen much worse.)

The red edge and base is not very red unless in direct light or sun. In low light it appears black, but the base pedestial holder to screen, is clear sorta diff' retro to me.

Its very thin due to being LED and the cord is external with one of those blocks halfway up it, like laptop.

No complaints so far and Im very picky. We arent doing business on this or artwork, tho' my husband does photography on ocas and is an artist so he has a very picky eye. I think we could if we want.

I recc'd it :) Will repost if issues. NOTE: I was just looking up meaning of the power light blinking etc on my new monitor and came across tons of complaints and suits over bad capacitors in samsung tvs/ monitors. UGH...I really dont want to return it, got a two year ext warranty but must think about this now. NOT ON this model did I read any complaints, not out long enough prob'. Just be warned incase samsung didnt change their ways. If I keep it and have issues I will repost in the future. Note someone commented a helpful comment regarding this issue.
55 comments| 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 5, 2014
I had been using a really cheap monitor, figuring "what's the difference?' , but when it finally pooped out and I needed a new one, I was tempted to go for another cheap one. But when I thought about how much better the Samsung TVs looked at the store than most, I figured I'd spend a few bucks more on this one, and I'm glad that I did. It is head and shoulders above the old one, uses less energy, looks slick, and I love the control and power soft touch buttons. I still smile at just how lightly I can touch the power button to make it come on, like I'm dabbing a speck of dust from a fragile object and it comes on.
I used to think Sony was the tops, now I believe it's Samsung, and for an extra few bucks, why not go for the best?
on January 10, 2014
This monitor has amazing picture quality and colors. I bought it used here on Amazon for $100 and when it arrived it looked every bit brand new. Very easy to hook up. I like the fact it has an hdmi input. The magic angle is a very nice feature as well. Samsung is know for producing great quality and this monitor qualifies.
on October 8, 2013
The monitor works well. I have tried to use it with an HP laptop and there are some issues because I am using the laptop like a desktop and the laptop has some quirks to toggle over to this monitor. I am very satisfied with the picture quality and the small footprint works great.
on February 22, 2015
It took me a short while to get used to the 1600 x 900 resolution since everything looks "bigger".
I bought this knowing that this was going to be the case since my eyesight isn't the best and wanted to be able to look at the monitor from farther away.
However, since every other computer I use (laptop, work computers) have 1920 x 1080 displays, it can feel a bit weird when I use this display.

I had thoughts of returning it and waiting for a 1920 x 1080 display that fit my budget but I decided to stick with it.
on February 17, 2014
My son loves making videos and editing them on his computer so he needs a nice monitor with great color to accurately do that. I have a Samsung monitor and like it so I thought I would purchase him one for his 16th birthday as that is what he asked for. I read lots of reviews on other monitors but this one seemed to have some of the best reviews for color, performance for the price. This monitor is GREAT! He is very very happy with it and has commented already on how much better it is editing his videos on it because of its great colors and crisp picture. It has an hdmi port as well, which wouldn't do me any good but teenagers these days need that stuff! ;) Happy with my purchase. Also I should add that the monitor is pretty sharp looking style wise. It has a nice deep read on the edge of the screen but really only can see it real well in the light and the middle of the base is clear. Looks pretty cool! Glad I went with this monitor instead of one of the ones that were $10-$20 cheaper. Worth a little extra.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on June 5, 2014
I really like this monitor, it is great for the price. The only reason I gave it three stars is because when I got it and put the stand on the monitor was lopsided. The left side was about 1/2 inch lower than the right. I got foam sticky pads and put them on the bottom to level it out, now its awesome. Though people should know it only has two ways of connecting it a vga cable (which is included) and hdmi (not included). I didn't realize that the computer I got didn't have a hdmi port, but again I got a hdmi to dvi-d adaptor and now again it works great. Though dvi-d is better than hdmi.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse