Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Learn more

on October 2, 2013
I love and highly recommend Samsung products for the most part. I was also very happy with my experience purchasing through Amazon. That being said, this is one of Samsung's most simple and basic LCD monitors and it would work well for any basic purposes.

Seriously, if low-cost is a factor and all you need is a screen to see what you are typing, what link you are clicking on, browse the web and social media, enter data, "day-trading", or basic clerical functions than this is the monitor for you! Very easy to setup and use to its full potential.

However, I would not recommend this monitor for those who prefer or require a quality detailed image and fully functioning adjustment control. Regardless of what enhancement software you utilize or whatever adjustments you can make through the monitor menu controls, the color management, calibration, and picture quality settings are not satisfying on a production/professional level such as work with printing vendors, digital photography, or visual designers/developers. If you are very particular about visuals, or your hobby or profession requires as such, the cost may not be worth it. This is definitely on the low end of the quality scale as far as LCDs go, in fact I have a 7 year old NEC LCD that blows this one away to this day...

I read all of the reviews on here before I purchased two of these monitors, that is why I decided to share my own educated review/evaluation for the sake of posterity and currently for those whom it may concern. As a professional digital designer/artist, I require the use of two monitors for the purposes of optimizing productivity, convenience, and product comparison purposes. At my office location I have two very nice, very expensive monitors; however, I work from home two days of the week and my home monitors were no longer functioning properly. This was a very affordable option for a decent LCD, but that is the only personal benefit I can reflect on at this time as a working professional in the digital arts realm.
on August 18, 2013
I bought this monitor to replace a HANNspree HF225 that just started being finicky.

Assembly and setup went fine (although it uses a non-standrd DC adapter instead of the directly plugged in AC cable and the "tiltability" of this screen is difficult to figure out but I did eventually manage to adjust the tilt) and it had no problem auto calibrating and displaying the content delivered by Windows 7.

However... this display is extremely bright -- even after bringing brightness down to 0! (note: if Eco Saver is enabled, brightness control is disabled).

I installed the monitor driver that came with it -- didn't help.
I also installed the "Magic Tune Premium" program that came with it -- didn't help.

What that means is that the black on this display isn't as black as the one I used to have on the HANNspree HF225 and, as a result, contrast is disappointing.

The only positives about this monitor is that it worked out of the box and it's not too expensive ($120).
on August 3, 2013
This monitor is excellent in every way. The color resolution is outstanding,the screen size is generous but not intrusive, and there has not been even a hint of a problem since I've had it. I would happily recommend it to others who have a purchase in contemplation.
on January 6, 2014
The only issue with this monitor so far is the fact that it seems to lean forward slightly... There SEEMED to be no mechanism for altering the tilt when I first attached the monitor to the stand. BUT, I did find out how to tilt it after seeing other reviews that said that the tilt was just difficult. What you should do is grip the stand in the center with one hand and pull forward on the top of the monitor with the other. It should tilt forward. Apply enough pressure, because at first it does not seem like it will tilt at all. It does indeed tilt about 25 degrees! Other than that little temporary snag, it's great and was a great deal.
on October 30, 2013
No complaints at all on the performance. Very good resolution, etc. Only one suggestion: Samsung should explain, first item on the Manual of Installation, how to adjust the tilt. I could find it nowhere until I researche the issue.
on October 23, 2013
To tilt hold the base with one hand and Move the monitor with great force in the direction you want it to go. Use more force than you think you should use. Try to break it to move it trust me.
on August 24, 2014
I bought this monitor from office max I return it the second day even with price on sale for $119.99 its not worth it, here is why just to inform buyers why not to buy :
1- Viewing angle is real bad, if your not exactly facing the monitor at eye level, the colors will not be accurate even my 10 year old monitor has better angle of view
2- Only connection available is VGA in this day and age come on Samsung !!!
3- The price, you might think its cheap but I got an HP 23" IPS for a $110.00 directly from HP website with coupon, sorry Samsung you’re behind on this one
advice for anybody cares a bout picture quality and accurate colors and viewing angle, don’t buy anything less than IPS Monitors with DVI and HDMI connections, the prices for these high quality monitors are coming down even if they are a little higher than regular monitors its worth every penny once you try IPS you will never go back I hope this help
on August 27, 2013
This monitor was so easy to install that even a 70 yr. olld Granny had it done in 30 min. Picture is so clear and colors vivid. Price was so reasonable and no comparison with posted by local stores or on line stores. It is a Winner!
on December 29, 2013
Our monitor did not have a VGA or an HDMI (the HDMI is listed online so this was quite a disappointment!!) They may change the description online but when we bought it (Dec 2013) it promised an HDMI connection and it did not have one.

My parents computer is very very old and we had to install a new video card to power this monitor in full resolution. It was a Christmas gift for my Dad and he's quite happy with it.

The viewing angle adjustment was very difficult to unstick and is a pain to adjust. It seems like a cheap mechanism that may wear out over time but eventually I did get it to adjust up and down (no left to right) and it seems like it may get easier with use.
on March 14, 2014
It's a decent monitor. Not bad, not great. The worst thing about it is the power light that blinks on and off bright blue while it's in the standby mode. We have this in a computer/guest room and when we shut the computer down, we also have to physically turn off the monitor so the bright blinking light doesn't drive everyone nuts. Why can't it have just a low power indicator light like most other monitors instead of this super bright thing that blinks off an on like a police car light when it's in standby mode?