4.0 out of 5 stars Great Display and Beautiful Design
The design of this monitor is unlike any I have seen to date. I absolutely fell in love with it the moment I saw the press release when it was announced. I'm not a white color person but prefer the black for my electronics (minus my mac pro being silver).

Published on September 6, 2012 by J. Selix

Tried three computers and multiple ways of connections; same problem with low background noise that couldn't be turned off (unless the speaker volume on the monitor was turned completely off, which moots the point of having speakers.
Published 17 months ago by Dave

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Display and Beautiful Design, September 6, 2012
This review is from: Samsung B750 Series S24B750V 24-Inch Full HD LED-Lit Monitor (Personal Computers)

Monitors are a dime a dozen these days, I've owned about 3 different 20-22" monitors in the last year. Of course these were bargain bin monitors and in turn the designs were generic and the sound output horrible and image quality average but only cost about $100-$120. In life, you get what you pay for. My first 24" monitor was a Dell and it cost me over $700 but lasted me over 6 years. So yes, this is not a cheap monitor for what you can buy, but the design is unlike any other monitor you can buy too.

USAGE:
I have mine hooked up to my Mac Pro (HDMI1), Samsung Galaxy Nexus Desktop Dock (HDMI2/MHL) and VGA used for connecting PC's i fix/work on. I mainly use my Mac for surfing the web, basic photo editing, business apps (pages/office/outlook) and remoting into other servers over VPN. I also watch a ton of movies on my Mac. The samsung has worked perfectly in each situation. There are several settings on the monitor that let you change the backlighting for various situations: ie viewing while standing, group mode, etc. In conjunction w/the settings, the monitor can be swiveled back 15 degrees.

INPUTS:
2 x HDMI inputs
1 x VGA
1 x 3.5mm audio input
1 x 3.5mm audio output/headphone
1 x power adapter

My only complaint is that there are only 2 HDMI inputs and one is shared between being HDMI and MHL. MHL is the mobile highdefinition link and is present in newer phones such as the Galaxy Nexus. It lets you use a special cable to output anything on the phone's screen to your tv/monitor. So i can use my phone on my TV w/a bluetooth mouse and keyboard if want. :)

SOUND/SPEAKERS:
Sound output is actually pretty good for built-in speakers. This monitor does audio over HDMI if your video card/mobo support it but also lets you use a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable for audio if your using a DVI to HDMI adapter (which i am currently). Volume level can be set to very loud, the last few monitors that i owned could barely be heard with no background noise. The samsung can get loud, very loud. Like most built-in speakers, lack of bass in sound but definitely better than most.

BUILD/DESIGN:
Again, the design of the monitor was the biggest selling point to me. Also the MHL port is very nice if you have a newer android phone that supports it. Other devices will also start incorporating the mhl/microusb port capabilities (ie phones, video cameras, tablets, etc). The glossy black does attract dust and finger prints but who touches their monitor that much right? Also, MATTE DISPLAY! the display itself is a matte display and not the glossy type like most makers use. Another big seller for me!

One downfall though is the monitor controls. They are touch/capacitive type of buttons and a bit tricky to use. Also the buttons are not backlit and very hard to find at night or in low light. Minor gripes.

PROS:
-Unique modern design
-Great image quality
-MHL port
-Loud built-in speakers

CONS:
-monitor controls and a bit clunky
-price
-only 2 hdmi inputs

OVERALL:
Recommended if your looking for a unique monitor with good builtin speakers and MHL!

1.0 out of 5 stars Speakers produced low background noise without being able turn off; returned the unit; ordered a second one, same problem, June 28, 2013
Dave (Houston, Texas USA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Chic But Not Without a Quirk, June 17, 2013
It's unique appearance caught my attention and it does not disappoint while being the centerpiece of my desk. The placement of the ports are ideal and easy to reach. The stereo speakers are a welcome addition for those looking to free up space on their desk. Though I personally prefer my own set of Bose speakers.

It's one minor quirk is if you're not actively using the speakers, you will hear static emanating from it. But it isn't present when using headphones or if the volume is set to 0. If you use external speakers like I do, then it isn't an issue.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Display!, August 16, 2013
Frank (Brooklyn, NY United States) - See all my reviews
I would recommend this product. I use it as a 3rd monitor at work and have had no disappointments! Great monitor and reasonably priced!

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent Quality, May 30, 2013
This product is awesome...I thought 24" is small but after i got this monitor...i realized that its pretty big compare to 19" monitor. I love the look and the performance of this monitor.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not that great, January 29, 2013
It should be noted that the only inputs on this monitor are two hdmi ports, one vga, one audio in port, and one audio out port.

It should also be noted that the monitor I received had some bad clouding issues so I returned it. Though this doesn't mean you'll have those clouding issues as they tend to vary from monitor to monitor.

Pros
-Pretty good picture.
-Audio is better than I expected
-Decent amount of video setting options.
-good response time

Cons
-The base is big and heavy.
-Improper contrast and/or color. This causes certain colors to blend in with one another. Like light tan blends in with white.
-Unable to adjust backlight.
-Unresponsive touch buttons. If you get this use your thumbs, its works better.
-Lack of audio options. It only has volume.

It's not a bad monitor but at most its only worth about $200. You can find equal or better monitors for cheaper.

5.0 out of 5 stars monitor, June 9, 2014
i'm very happy with this monitor, i like the style of it on the desk, and it has a beautful picture.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love the monitor for my Apple Mac mini, April 19, 2014
This screen is great and has a very fun unique style that keeps me excited about it. It has a very nice screen and balance to it. Though this screen is best for the average persons monitor. Or for watching movies and leisure activities. I use mine for editing photos and find it not tact sharp or 100% color correct. But it's not bad. Just for my editing its not a 5 star. But I don't want to replace it because other than that I love it. Some people complain of touch buttons not working that great but I think their fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best monitors, March 10, 2014
One of the best monitors I have ever tested, very stylish. 24 inch LED and it really delivers what Samsung promises.

4.0 out of 5 stars great picture BUT, January 6, 2014
love the picture and the speakers, but does not have the 4 holes on the back
to mount on the wall. :-(