5.0 out of 5 stars Crisp clear display
Samsung makes great displays. Bright colors, easy to set up with Mac or Windows. Perfect for my home office. It's extremely quiet, I don't hear it at all. I use it everyday for long hrs and I'm really happy I bought it.
Published 15 months ago by geekista

3.0 out of 5 stars ehhh... not what i expected.
This is not the monitors fault, just unclear text when reading reviews.

1: In the questions, people say the monitor is glossy. They are referring to the frame and not the screen. to me, almost every monitor i have ever seen has a glossy frame, so i thought they meant the screen.. The screen is matte.

2: The monitor is "widescreen" 16x9...
Published 13 months ago by Crispix396

5.0 out of 5 stars Crisp clear display, November 1, 2013
This review is from: Samsung S27C570H 27-Inch Screen LCD Monitor (Personal Computers)

3.0 out of 5 stars ehhh... not what i expected., December 13, 2013
This is not the monitors fault, just unclear text when reading reviews.

2: The monitor is "widescreen" 16x9. One review mentioned this but didnt really say that the screen will not run 1900x1200, instead it runs 1680x1050.

I have 3 28" monitors, one started acting up, and when i saw that this one was 27" i thought it would not be a big difference. but with it being wide screen, it is not as tall, and with the lower resolution, my images just look better on the other monitors. Sadly, this one will have to go back.

If I only had one monitor, wanted a matte screen, and was fine with 1680x1050 resolution, the monitor is very nice, bright, and clean looking. the interface looks like it would be easy to use. I love you samsung, but this was not for me.

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
4.0 out of 5 stars Decent monitor, July 24, 2013
Roger (California) - See all my reviews
I bought two of these at my local warehouse club to go on the left and right sides of my main monitor (you can never have too much screen space). They replaced a single several year old 24" LCD monitor (16:10 1920x1200). That monitor consumed ~100W while each of these is ~20W.

It does what they say it does. Sadly it is 16:9 instead of 16:10 but that is par for the course these days. It is very thin and the stand is nice. You cannot adjust the height.

It claims to have speakers, but I can't see where they would be and my attempts to get audio failed. (Edit: please see comments. It has volume control, not speakers.)

The control is wonderful - there is a little nub you operate under the centre middle. Contrast with a monitor they replaced which had unreadable black buttons on a black bezel, or even worse my main monitor which has numerous buttons around the back you have to operate by touch and constantly have to keep working out which is which. This monitor is a joy to work with.

It does have the usual inscrutable obscure settings, but the defaults are fine especially at the usual recommendation of brightness 50% and contrast 100%.

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Jul 25, 2013 12:29:05 PM PDT
Roger:

Thank you for purchasing the Samsung S27C570H monitor.

This monitor is not equipped with speakers. You can refer to Samsung.com for complete specifications on this model.

You can connect your own external speakers using the monitor's Audio Out connection.

Please feel free to contact Samsung Customer Support at 1-800-SAMSUNG for additional assistance.

4.0 out of 5 stars No Height Adjustment, August 10, 2013
I purchased the Samsung S27C570H from a local "Big Box" membership warehouse today, who incidently had the best price, and because it was in stock, I was able to buy it and bring it home. This monitor replaced the 1080i HD 24" LCD monitor that came with my Gateway computer in 2006. Comparing the old monitor vs. this monitor, the first thing that I noticed is that the Samsung picture is not as sharp nor are the colors as good. I've tried adjusting everything and am not able to match the old monitor. The Samsung monitor does NOT have a height adjustment so I've got it sitting on some books to bring the height up to my straight forward line of sight. This is the most irritating problem with this new monitor. The driver CD that came with the Samsung monitor has several other programs on it including the "MagicTune" program so that you can adjust the monitor settings without having to play with that dingle-dongle at the bottom center of the monitor. After loading that program and attempting to use it, a message came up stating that it won't work with my computer. It refers you to a website which has a list of programs that you can download to match your computer. On the plus side, I noticed that the new LED monitor doesn't generate the heat that the LCD one did. Still miss that old sharp picture.
I may just keep the old LCD monitor around and use it when I need to see a better picture, like watching a video.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Monitor, December 29, 2013
I love this monitor. I had an HP 2509m 25" Monitor that I was not that happy with and it finally died, so I bought this one to replace it with. I use it to extend my HP Laptop display area since I work with a lot of documents and programs at the same time with my business.

Slim design, light weight, great resolution, does not generate a lot of heat and it was a great price for what you get. You can spend more on other monitors but I don't think you will get more for your money.

I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love my new monitor!, April 13, 2014
I bought this monitor after two weeks of research and reading reviews. I definitely made the right choice. I have had it for four days now and it looks great, very thin and sleek. It was very easy to assemble the stand and plug it in. That was it! Plugged it in using an HDMI cord and it was ready to go. I didn't have to do anything else. The picture is very crisp and clear even for the person looking over my shoulder. There is no distortion when not looking at it straight on, great for collaborating. The size is perfect to have two documents open side by side. The disc that comes with it contains software that will allow you to make adjustments to the monitor without using the button on the bottom, but the button is easy to use as well.

It does jiggle a little bit if you bump it, but not at all in danger of tipping over. The stand is plenty sturdy enough to hold the monitor with no worries. Since I don't move my monitor around or bump it in the normal course of business, the slight jiggle isn't an issue. There have been reviews stating that it doesn't tilt...that is incorrect. It tilts just fine, just hold the monitor with one hand on the top and the other on the bottom and gently tilt it. The resolution with the HDMI is 1920 x 1080, very clear.

I highly recommend this monitor and would buy another one in a heartbeat.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but a couple problems, March 18, 2014
The picture is very sharp but the uniformity for white was very poor at first. A quarter of the screen was extremely white and three quarters kind of yellow. This seems to be resolving itself with use of the monitor but also getting a flickering of the screen for a few seconds after initial start up with ghosting of a box in the background for a second. Hope this resolves itself as well.

Update...I deleted the MagicTune program and the flickering stopped. Seems the software may not be compatible with my graphics card. Also went to the NVIDIA settings and made some adjustments and the white uniformity is much better. Much happier with this product now.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good monitor, July 25, 2013
No dead pixels but some backlight bleed in two places at the top of the screen.

To interact with the monitor, there is a toggle button on the bottom that you can kind of use like a d-pad. You move it to either of the 4 directions to change settings, etc. A little annoying that because of this interaction, turning the monitor off is a 3 step process. You have to click the d-pad in the center and then press the down direction to select the off option, and then click in the center again in order to shut off the monitor.

Overall, really happy with the monitor, it looks great and the preset settings were perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this monitor!, January 15, 2014
Only complaints I have are the lack of DVI input, and the monitor won't rotate on the stand, despite it being on a circular post.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sweet, March 13, 2014
I love it. Hooked it into my pc via hdmi and have not looked back. The resolution is best for a 24"monitor not 27", so you can see the pixels when looking at live action some times, but that's not very frequently. Not bad at all. Can't wait to buy a second one.

Samsung S27C570H 27-Inch Screen LCD Monitor