5.0 out of 5 stars save some money
Published 14 months ago by T. Cheng

2.0 out of 5 stars Returned. A bad case of the wobbles!
Published 7 months ago by Neil Gilbert

5.0 out of 5 stars save some money, May 26, 2013
T. Cheng "tim69c" (Diamond Bar, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsung S27C750P 27-Inch 1920x1080 Full HD Monitor D-Sub HDMI Pivot Tilt Stand (Electronics)
Great monitor, I like the height (unlike the reviewer below), and as of this writing (5/26/13) Best Buy has this on sale for $319+tax. Save yourself almost %50 if you want to get it. Its a bit annoying this reviewer below, nowhere on the listing does this say you can adjust the height. If you make a substantial dollar purchase w/o doing any research, then complain and write a bad review of the monitor, that is not a fair review of the product. Many monitors (a lot of the newer Dell's for example) are not height adjustable. Where did this product say it was?

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent 27" Monitor For the Price, July 16, 2013
This a solid buy at $300. I don't know that there's a better 27" on the market.

The stand raises the bottom of the bezel 6" off the desktop. It take a little getting used to but really isn't a big deal. This is of course designed to provide enough clearance in order to swivel the screen 90* to portrait mode. The buttons are well marked and are physical buttons instead of the touch-sensitive style from the past.

There is one con I can't live with with this product and consequently I am actually going to return this product and get the 24" version. Simply put, the resolution of 1920x1080 is inadequate. This is the same resolution as most 24" monitors, and because of this you really don't gain anything in terms of the bigger size. The pixels are just bigger - and text is actually a little fuzzy as a result.

The other issue I had was that I couldn't get the screen to fill out to the bezel. There is a 1" black bar around the perimeter of the screen. I played with all the setting and read through the manual, but I couldn't remedy this. It is likely a simple setting and I am missing something somewhere - but I couldn't get it right.

2.0 out of 5 stars Returned. A bad case of the wobbles!, December 2, 2013
I bought this monitor to use as external display for a Macbook Pro for graphic and web design. I planned to upgrade from a 24" SyncMaster F2380 but ended up returning this one. The way the monitor is constructed, whether it's the sizeable panel or the rigidity of the non-adjustable stand, any movement in the vicinity of the monitor made it wobble - even movement as minor as typing. Couldn't focus, drove me crazy! The quality of the viewing experience is great, although, I've also realized upgrading to anything over 24" needs to be an upgrade to a higher resolution than HD, otherwise, you don't get more real estate, just pointless magnification. I'm on the hunt for WQHD!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Monitor to use with a Surface Pro and the Surface Pro Docking Station., January 29, 2014
Most beneficial feature is the added height provided by this monitor. The Surface Pro sets neatly in the docking station allowing use in several ways. Also, having the monitor back from your face really helps with viewing both pictures and text on screen. Most importantly, you should download the current Samsung driver from their Web Page, use the Standard mode and buy excellent HDMI cables. The Standard mode has been well tweaked by Samsung. All of the above will make a difference and enhances enjoyment and use. The Samsung Monitor does display Windows 8.1 Pro differently than when using the Surface Pro screen and the Monitor at the same time. I don't mind either way and like using the touch screen features of the Surface Pro when used together with the Samsung Monitor.

The only minor issue I have with this monitor is the text resolution at 1,920 by 1,080 is a bit large but remains clear. The distance back from the Surface Pro works well and movies, pictures and games look great on this Samsung Monitor.

I would recommend it to others.

5.0 out of 5 stars It is really good and resonable price, April 26, 2014
I bought for about 2-3 weeks ago.
if you buy that you can set landscape and portraite.
and the price is reasonable. I use this mornitor for my job.
I am satisfied with the monitor

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Monitor...at The Right Price, December 21, 2013
I love this monitor so much but i only paid about 300 from bestbuy, was planning on having a dou-screen with another monitor of the same name model. So i check here and its a rip off, as much as i love the monitor, its not worth 600! Go to best buy and save yourself some money

2.0 out of 5 stars Amazing picture, terrible stand, May 25, 2013
James (albuquerque, nm) - See all my reviews
I won't get into the different lcd technologies but this is a VA panel which produces deep blacks and great contrast. This samsung monitor delivers. Colors are great(I'm not a photographer they just seemed good) and everything looks clear and crisp with excellent black levels. I've used it for gaming and watching movies and it performs great. However, I won't be keeping this monitor because the stand is NOT HEIGHT ADJUSTABLE and is just TOO HIGH. It needs to be about 4 inches lower on my desk for comfortable viewing. To give you an example my eyes are about dead center on the panel while web surfing but I have to look up to see website tabs. I'm using to having the tabs about level with my eyes. I thought I could live with it but it's straining my eyes.

This wouldn't be a huge problem if you could get an aftermarket VESA mount or stand however it's NOT VESA compatible so there is no other stand you can get for it. You are stuck with one height for this monitor. This is a horrible idea on samsungs part and I just wanted to warn people about it. They've ruined an otherwise excellent monitor with a terrible stand.

5.0 out of 5 stars NEED TO INSTALL MAGIC ROTATE AUTO, August 30, 2013
NEED TO INSTALL MAGIC ROTATE AUTO

I got it for 299 at Best buy but it works great and with magic rotate auto (not magic rotate)on ur PC and enjoy...

Are there better monitor sure and it needs the right wires to connect but looks great and works great

Rate and Discover Movies