5.0 out of 5 stars Nice middle range smartphone. Buen Smartphone!!
Published on February 23, 2012 by Jose Ml.

3.0 out of 5 stars My new phone
This phone is good and works with different SIM Cards as advertised,but comes without the Manual and/or the Software which took me a long tome to find on the NET without paying somebody.
Published on September 7, 2011 by I.T.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice middle range smartphone. Buen Smartphone!!, February 23, 2012
This review is from: Samsung S5830 Galaxy Ace - Unlocked Phone - Black (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I purchased this phone for a couple of months and to be honest is my first experience with smartphones, because it has taken me several days to get familiar with its operation, and I went from having a regular phone to this incredibly functional gadget and change has been a noticeable leap, its 800 mHz processor is quite fast and efficient. The touch screen is very good quality, sensible, scratch resistent (gorilla glass), decent amazing definition and brightness. It's camera takes pictures of acceptable quality, and the video runs smoothly. The size of the phone without being small makes it suitable for carrying in your pocket without a problem, or the discomfort of smartphones largest and highest range and price.
Android as operattivo system is very friendly and intuitive, easy to use and I love power because all you can do with a phone and more!
Works great with the 3G network from my country (Costa Rica). Simply insert the SIM and voila, a few minutes I was conected and running properly, I did not think it would be so simple to be honest!
The only negative thing I could say so far is the short battery life when using multiple functions simultaneously (common problem with smartphones) as already mentioned in other grades here ... But this is easily solved with an extra charger in the office and at home, and upload daily ... jeje!
At last I can recommend this phone without fear for those who like me (not being a fan for the latest in technology) nedd the benefits of a smartphone that have a good average performance, but with several extra applications that allow you to grow and evolve according to your needs as a user ... By the way I wrote this review from my phone, which I think is really amazing!

Adquirí este telefono desde hace un par de meses y para ser sincero es mi primer experiencia con smartphones, debido a esto me ha tomado varios dias para familiarizarme con su funcionamiento, ya que pasé de tener un telefono regular a este increiblemente funcional aparatito y el cambio ha sido un salto cualitativo notorio, su procesador de 800 mhz es bastante rapido y eficiente. La pantalla tactil es de muy buena calidad, sensible, resistente a rayones (gorilla glass), con decente definicion y brillos asombrosos. Su camara toma fotos de una calidad aceptable, y el video corre muy bien. El tamaño del telefono sin ser pequeño, lo hace adecuado para llevarlo en el bolsillo sin mayor problema, ni la incomodidad de smartphones mas grandes y de mayor rango y precio.
Android como sistema operattivo es muy amigable e intuitivo, facil de usar y me encanta ya que potencia todo lo que puedes hacer con un telefono y mas!
Funciona muy bien con la red 3G de mi pais (Costa Rica). Simplemente insertar el SIM y listo, a los pocos minutos ya estaba enlazado y funcionando adecudamente, no crei que seria tan sencillo para ser honestos!
La unica cosa negativa que podria decir hasta ahora es la corta duracion de la bateria al usar varias funciones simultaneamente (problema comun con los smartphones) como ya lo han mencionado en otras calificaciones aqui... Pero esto es facilmente solucionable con un cargador extra en la oficina y otro en casa, y cargarlo diariamente... jeje!
En fin puedo recomendar sin temores a este telefono para aquellos que como yo (sin ser un fanatico por lo ultimo en tecnolgia) ocupamos los beneficios de un buen smartphone de desempeño medio, pero con varias aplicaciones extra que te permitan crecer segun tus necesidades y evolucionar como usuario... Por cierto he escrito esta critica desde mi telefono; lo cual me parece asombroso!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars My new phone, September 7, 2011
The disturbing fact is that it is falsely advertised as having a 1 year US Warranty, however it is not supported by Samsung USA at all and I was advised to contact Samsung Philippines by e-mail (no toll-free number)and their response was below any expectation, but lucky I have managed to resolve the Bluetooth problem myself. The Manual I have found has mistakes regarding the correct settings in some areas.
I wish Amazon will review the Warranty Policy for this product and advise how to proceed if the Service is needed
I.T.

2.0 out of 5 stars Order At Your Own Risk!, April 10, 2012
I ordered this phone on Saturday March 7, 2012 and was pretty excited as this was to be my first smart phone. I know that's funny even to me. I added next day delivery and got it on Monday as projected, so everything up until this point had been satisfactory. Opening the package, I found everything to be as it should be at first glance. However, when anyone drops this kind of money, they are going to do a thorough review of the product no matter what it is. Upon closer inspection of the box, I noticed that the language on the back of the box was in spanish but that is not what really stood out. What really stood out is the fact that it said the model number whas not an S5830L as ordered but instead it was an S5830M. I had researched this phone before purchase and was not familair with an M model. I though maybe it's just the box...Lol. Not a chance. I took the phone out of the box and took the back plate off to check the Samsung manufaturer sticker for the model and sure enough it was in fact a S5830M model. I thought, what could be the difference. I tossed in the battery and started it up. The native language on the phone was Spanish...Lol

Ok, now I was concerned. Was this a knockoff or what? So I next called Samsung and gave them the S/N off of the sticker on the inside. The customer service rep told me that it came up as " No Information Available". The rep then told me that that was because it was not a model that they supported in the U.S. I asked, ok so what does that mean? The rep told me that this phone was not meant for sale in the U.S. and that there would be absolutely no support for it here! No warranty, nothing. Now let me say this. I switched the language setting in the phone over to English and tested the phone out. Everything seems to work as it should. It also has the latest platform for gingerbread 2.3.6 . The ICS platform (also called the Icecream Sandwich platform is not available at this time for the Galaxy Ace). So everything seemed to check out with the exception that if anything ever happens to this phone then I am just screwed...Lol

Next I called Amazon and gave them the information about the phone and what I was told by the phon's manufacturer Samsung. Amazon appologized up and down and extended a 20% refund as well as offered to replace it with a full refund within 30 days should something not work. They (Amazon) also told me that they were going to investigate the seller as well as the rest of the stock that they have on hand for this phone. I want to be clear that Amazon has been very helpfull in this matter in standing behind their site and customers. Today, I called the 3rd party seller that is selling this phone. They are out of New York. I talked to the manager and he said that the SKU numbers matched up with their product and that it had to be Amazon's fault. He went on to say that he would send me the correct phone if I would call Amazon and return the discount that Amazon gave me first. Now come on people, I didn't just get off the boat. I did tell him that I would be happy to give the discount back but I would have to have what I ordered first. No Way would I give it back first and then still be stuck with a phone that had no warranty and would not have any assistance for should something go south with it. He agreed and said that he would send me an email with the tracking number within the hour. Lo and behold, that hour came and went with no email.

It just shows me that I was correct in my assumtion. In short, be careful and order from this merchant at your own risk. You are deffinately rolling the dice.

Amazon still **ROCKS** though!

2.0 out of 5 stars very dissapointed..- is not international version after all.!!!, April 23, 2012
I bought the phone because it said it was unlocked and it would work worldwide, turns out that the bandwidth that the phone can detect does not support the 3g network in europe, at least in Germany where i live. I bought it expecting it to work properly and here it can only detect gsm signal. So all of the features on the phone work slower and i can't really use it like i wanted. So if you want an international phone do not buy it, if it is for the states i guess it is ok!

4.0 out of 5 stars Review of the Samsung Galaxy Ace, May 2, 2012
The Samsung Galaxy Ace is a real pleasure to use. It is relatively small and light making it easy to carry. The display is very readable even outside in the sun. Call reception is very good and voice clarity at either end is very good as well. Auto rotation lags a bit and sometimes needs a little prodding. Battery life is great. The camera is good with resolution and clarity more than acceptable. Picture colors can be a little washed out as the auto white balance sometimes has trouble. I've taken to Ace to Germany and Austria and had not trouble connecting overseas cellular services. Very seamless. To date I have not been able to wirelessly connect to my home network and download/upload files. I must connect via USB and use the Kies software which is really clunky. But I'm still learning. Overall, I am very pleased with the Ace and would highly recommend it.

Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 US 3G 850/1900 5MP / WIFI / GPS / Touch Screen Unlocked World Smartphone International Version With US Warranty

5.0 out of 5 stars very goog cell phone, June 20, 2012
I think it is a very good phone for the price. It has lot of utilities and apps. I use it in Venezuela and it works wonderful.

3.0 out of 5 stars One phone has the "Sleep of Death" issue, September 7, 2011
Have two of these phones for a couple of weeks. One phone works perfectly, no issue whatsoever. The other one has the SOD ' Sleep of Death' issue multiple times. SOD = phone shuts itself off. Google solutions and tried them all but nothing works. Downloaded the lastest OS - Gingerbread 2.3.4 thru Samsung Kies but issue remains. This one is going back for an exchange. Neither of the phone is rooted.

Overall I really like the phone, value vs. price and I think you are not going to get a better deal. A good beginner android phone that is almost iphone like.

Pros: Screen size 3.5" is perfect for me. The overall phone size isn't too big either. Plenty of free apps to download. Gingerbread improves the battery life.

Cons: Internal memory is small. You won't be able to download a lot of apps. And you can't install the apps to the external SD card unless you root the phone (become a superuser) but that immediately voids the warranty. I read somewhere that you can un-root the phone if needed... Last minor issue, the touch screen isn't as sensitive as I like it but this could be the problem with having a Zagg shield on.

Update 9/9/11: Received the replacement but it is also going back to Amazon. This time I didn't even power up the phone, the problem is on the touchscreen, there are 6 spots (about the size of a dime) that cannot be cleaned, looks like it is actually on the other side of screen. This is really getting old, all I want is another phone withour issue. And dealing with the exchange process is a nightmare. At least exchanging wireless phone is totally different than exchaning anything else Amazon sells. Stay tune...

2.0 out of 5 stars Not International version GT-S5830 i is international version 3G max, January 8, 2013
Too many and almost all sellers on Amazon are selling the non international version as international. I had bought the international version in UK last year. It should say GT-S 5830 i and not L or anything else. The international version is really the best one and very high quality compared to what is sold here in USA as international version. Beware people !
Most importantly keep in mind its internal memory is very limited 150 MB. It will not allow you but some very small apps to work on your phone. And if the phone does not have at least 35 MB free in internal memory it locks up slows down, goes crazy. a 16 GB external sd card will not help internal memory at all because most apps still require 3 to 5 MB on internal memory. So you have a good phone ! but very limited resources for apps. Worst of all. There is NO WARRANTY ! on these phones. Now go figure if its really worth anything.

5.0 out of 5 stars purty good, February 3, 2012
I bought this months ago and the phone has been decent for what it was worth.

I had to write one now because I just dropped this phone today. On the ground. It didnt just drop, it flung from my Jacket as I was chasing the bus and smashed into the street pavement. And it still works! It landed face down. I went to pick it up thinking the worst[touchscreen completely obliterated] but the screen was fine! Not a scratch. The edge frame was scratched up badly as I expected but the phone is still working good. The camera, sound all was great. lol

It can take a beating.

1.0 out of 5 stars Samsung S5830L Galaxy Ace Dead battery. If not from Amazon, do not buy. BLUETEK did not honor warranty, May 2, 2012
We bought the Samsung S5830L Galaxy Ace phone from BLUETEK after reading the review. The battery is pretty much a DOA (Dead on arrival). The phone is really good. BLUETEK should never sell
these phones with US warranty. Try calling Samsung and they will tell you, these phone are not covered under US warranty. It is bad business ethics and these guys are not realizing they are hurting amazon's reputation. I will never ever buy a phone sold on amazon through a third party vendor. These guys are scoundrels and not worth spending your time on the phone or mail trying to get a replacement. I am going to purchase the same phone directly through amazon. Sadly they did not have this phone at the time of purchase. The money I spent on this phone is a waste.