4.0 out of 5 stars Nice phone but...
Published 19 months ago by J. Mahun

2.0 out of 5 stars Does not work on PagePlus as advertised
Published 22 months ago by Nicholas

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Does not work on PagePlus as advertised, February 5, 2013
This review is from: Samsung SCH-U365 Gusto 2- Verizon Prepaid (Wireless Phone Accessory)
Let me start by saying I think this phone is an excellent product. However, the title which states the phone is flashed to PagePlus is not correct. What you get is a Verizon prepaid phone ready to activate on their network. I am an existing PagePlus customer and confirmed with them that currently all prepaid Verizon phones are banned on the Pageplus network which is a shame as I really like this combination.
As always, Amazon's excellent customer service resolved the situation promptly and efficiently - thank you Amazon.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice phone but..., May 2, 2013
It's a nice phone with all the basic features I want. It was a branded previous model that no longer is available from my wirelss provider (who doesn't believe in basic phoines anymore). Unfortunately this is a pre-paid phone. I was specifically avoiding pre-paid phones because most can't be used on a wireless contract. I carefully checked the ad which didn't say this was a pre-paid phone and said something to the effect of "easily activated." I purchased on the assumption it would work
It didn't - it wouldn't activate. My wireless provider said the phone would have to be used for 6 months as a pre-paid before I could use it on my service (I couldn't just wait 6 months, I had to used it for 6 months).
Anyway, I contact the seller and explained the situation. They were very understanding and accommodating. I was immediately sent a prepaid shipping label and got a refund within a few days. The refund was for the purchase price and shipping. Since the return label was prepaid, the whole ordeal only cost me time and for that I blame my service provider.
The seller offered help when I asked for it, treated me courteously, and made the return as easy as possible. I wouldn't hesitate going back to this seller in the future should I decide to confront the wireless demon one more time.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the phone described, April 18, 2013
The description of this phone does not show it as a pre-paid phone. I was hoping to replace a broken phone on contract, but this phone arrived and cannot be added to my plan. Disappointed with description.

The phone, itself, is good for basic users. I currently use one.

1.0 out of 5 stars Incomplete Description, October 3, 2013
I purchased several of these phones and recieved them brand new in the package, however I didnt realize
at the time that they could only be used on prepaid accounts when I have a postpaid account. Nowhere in the product desciption was this ever mentioned. I still tried to use the phones but found out eventually that it had to be used as a prepaid device for at least six months before it could be transfered to a postpaid account. These phones are still collecting dust and I have not recieved any interest from anyone wanting to buy a prepaid flip phone.

2.0 out of 5 stars The carrier expectations didn't meet my own., September 20, 2013
I bought this phone to replace a Verizon phone that was previously lost. what I didn't know is that Verizon has the phone set so that if you buy this prepaid phone it must be on a prepaid plan for at least six months before it can be transferred to another contract. It would be a great phone for someone who doesn't spend much time on a cell phone.

2.0 out of 5 stars Was no as advertised, September 13, 2013
This was a pre pay phone that was advertised that you could use also as post pay phone but according to Verizon this no so also saw them at Walmart for ten dollars less so I will just chunk it

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing phone, September 1, 2013
This refurbished phone was a disappointment because it kept turning itself off. We are returning it. We were hoping it would live up to its year long warrany.

3.0 out of 5 stars Did not work, May 16, 2013
The phone was nice but would not work on Verizon contract. It was prepaid only. Had to negotiate with them for a different phone.

3.0 out of 5 stars the phone works and is in great condition., July 8, 2014
Yes, the phone works and is in great condition.

1.0 out of 5 stars Prepaid phone, June 7, 2014
This phone was a prepaid phone but was not advertised as prepaid. We could not use it with our current plan.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›