3.0 out of 5 stars Powerful system, poor display, October 14, 2011
Mata K (Phoenix, AZ) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsung SF511-A03 15.6-Inch Notebook - Silver (Personal Computers)
This laptop is a good value for the features and performance it offers, but the screen is terrible. It's a big disappointment and a bit of a surprise coming from Samsung, one of the premier vendors of high-quality LCD displays. The display on this system has terrible contrast, odd colors, and very narrow viewing angles. It's usable, but very disappointing - if you try and do even basic photo manipulation on this screen, you'll end up with results that look completely different on any decent monitor.

3.0 out of 5 stars Sort Of Frustrating, April 5, 2012
Michael P. McCullough "moik" (Klamath Falls, Oregon, USA) - See all my reviews
I have one issue with this unit. I use it at work with Dragon and Open Office for dictating chart notes and letters. It works fine as far as that is concerned.

The problem is that when it goes to sleep it is impossible to tell whether it is on or off. There is a tiny yellowish green light in the lower left front of the unit is illuminated when it is plugged in whether it is in sleep mode or off.- this unit stays on my desk so it is always plugged in. The problem is that to wake it from sleep you need to push the power button. This is also how you turn it on when it is off. On my other laptops (Macs) you can wake it from sleep by pushing any button. So the problem is I push the power button when it is off it turns on and, of course, it takes forever to turn it back off again because there are always windows that pop up regarding updates and registering this or that.

I haven't discovered how to change the settings so it will wake with "any key" - if anybody knows please tell me how to do that in the comments section of this review. Thanks!