5.0 out of 5 stars Sharp, fast, well-made and QUIET
Published 12 months ago by Pennywhistler

3.0 out of 5 stars The printer seems fine . . .
Published 8 months ago by Richard

5.0 out of 5 stars Sharp, fast, well-made and QUIET, September 16, 2013
Actually, when my old ink-jet died, I went with a basic Brother laser printer. It was well-reviewed, I got a great deal from Staples, and replacement toner cartridges were cheap. But when I set up the Brother, five things became rather apparent - it was REALLY noisy, it was really flimsy, the memory was tiny (8mb), you needed a paperclip to open the bypass tray, and the best I could get out of it was dark gray type, no matter how I set it. Back it went!

And that's when I found the Samsung. Though there were no reviews on-line at the time, but running it hands-on showed me that it could print black, was well-built, was VERY quiet, the bypass was behind an easy-to-open latched door, the memory was 16 times larger than the Brother's, and it printed much faster. And is a little smaller, too.

Both text and graphics look great. This is my first laser printer, so I cannot make definitive comparisons, but my results are sharper than the identical page printed on my chiropractor's $400 HP laser printer. And sharper means easier to read.

I did my research - it has the lowest cost-per-page of any comparable laser printer - 2.22 cents per page (same as the Brother). And it comes with a full toner cartridge - not a "starter". There is no faster laser printer in the world at this price point ... or a quieter one. Yes -- I checked.

Random thoughts - I like how I can create any number of "favorite" print settings and name them as I wish. The duplex function is fun to watch. I like that it holds 250 sheets of paper. (The Brother only holds 150.) And I like the built-in paper gauge ... which the Brother does not have.

There are a few small "cons": The paper tray handle is not all that easy to grip, and there is no good way to read the button labels unless you stand up and hover over the machine (though all of those controls also operate from your on-screen "printer manager".

The worst issue was that the set-up instructions are really just diagrams - tiny, unreadable, and incomprehensible diagrams ... even when I enlarged them 250% from the owner's manual. I had to call Samsung to find out how to set up the printer. The CS guy said he had gotten several similar complaints about the diagrams. Once I figured out how to do it, set up was actually very quick and easy.

Bottom line - I like it a lot and, after using it every working day for a month, am very satisfied.

FOLLOW UP - Another six weeks of daily use and I am just as satisfied. And once you get used to the paper tray handle's location it is not at all hard to use.

FOLLOW UP #2 - Today (10-18-13) I replaced my first toner cartridge. Easy as toast -- pull out the old one and slide the new one right in.

FOLLOW UP #3 - March 2014. Thousands of copies, third toner cartridge, no jams, no problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the cost, August 10, 2013
Was tired of paying 30 bucks a month for ink. Went to this laser printer, which at the time was 129.00, has gone up quit a bit. But the savings in cost for the old ink cartridge's paid for the printer in 6 months. On another note this printer is placed in a semi truck, so it gets banged around allot, still holding up a year later. Not the fastest printer around, but I would recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent monochrome personal laser printer., August 30, 2013
This printer does everything I want. Prints fast, high quality pages and envelopes. It is quiet and uses little electricity -- good sleep mode. Somewhat confusing "Easy Printer Manager" software. The printer was very inexpensive but Samsung makes up for it when you buy a toner cartridge (costs almost as much as the printer).

5.0 out of 5 stars fast little printer, August 27, 2013
This review is from: Samsung SL-M2625D/XAC Monochrome Printer (Office Product)
install was brain dead easy, fast, clean prints. all I expected from a black & white printer in this price range

3.0 out of 5 stars The printer seems fine . . ., January 7, 2014
This review is from: Samsung SL-M2625D/XAC Monochrome Printer (Office Product)
. . . but if you're running the latest version of OSX on a Macintosh (10.9 aka 'Mavericks') don't try to use either the software it's supplied with or what you download from Samsung. Neither worked for me. Only the "Generic PostScript Pinter" PPD that comes up automatically when adding a new printer did the trick for me. The Samsung downloads page labels their latest Mac OS print driver as "Mac OS 10.5 ~ 10.9" but it sure doesn't seem to work with 10.9. May be fine with 10.5-10.8--I can't vouch for those.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great picture, speed, and footprint, August 29, 2013
Love this printer. Prints brilliant images, has a small footprint, and looks clean (white). Would recommend to a friend. Samsung has been a reliable part of our business needs for a long time now

5.0 out of 5 stars Great printer for a great price, November 3, 2013
This review is from: Samsung SL-M2625D/XAC Monochrome Printer (Office Product)
I bought this printer in August and love it. I print 50-70 pages each week, and the print cartridge has just now reached 50%. It's very fast. The print quality is high, and it prints on recycled paper (which is a plus for me). My last Samsung laser printer lasted for 13 years. The only quirk about this printer is that it's hard to tell when it's asleep, ready, or off. I usually end up turning it on and then turning it off again, when I want to print. Over all, though, this printer is great. It is NOT, however, wireless, despite how it was originally listed on Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality for the money, October 3, 2013
Works great. Great for printing in black and white. Prints faster than I thought it would. Would buy again. Can't beat the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Could not be happier., October 2, 2013
Fast and quiet with lots of options for printing everything I need in a small home office. Made my day.

1.0 out of 5 stars the previous two were also black and whiter laser printers and I was very happy with them, August 4, 2014
This review is from: Samsung SL-M2625D/XAC Monochrome Printer (Office Product)
After reading lots of reviews I decided to buy the Samsung Xpress M2825DW because I needed wireless capabilities. After several weeks of troubleshooting, de-installing, re-installing, de-installing re-installing, and searching Google for help in the meanwhile I stopped trying. Out of frustration, I drove to my local Staples this past Saturday (8/2/14) and bought the Brother HL-2270DW (this being my third Brother printer (the other two were given to my daughters to use while at college)). Equally important, the previous two were also black and whiter laser printers and I was very happy with them.

Approximately 45 minutes later, I was up and running on all three of my machines at home. One MacBook Pro, the other two IBM-compatible computers running Windows 7. Since this past Saturday, I have tested, re-tested, and re-tested again the wireless printing capabilities without any problems at all.

In short, the Samsung's instructions were lacking important setup information. Secondly, I would receive an error message when printing more than one page. Lastly, the Samsung is going back for a refund.

Samsung SL-M2625D/XAC Monochrome Printer