A built-in analog tuner, a pedestal stand, and a generous array of inputs and outputs make set up a snap, and the SPN4235's widescreen (16:9) display is specially configured to match or approximate the native aspect ratios of your favorite movies, either from DVD or from HDTV broadcasts when the set is hooked up to a DTV receiver (not included).
With a plasma screen you get vivid colors like you've never seen before, extremely wide viewing angles (wider, even, than those of most LCD screens), and easy placement due to a plasma monitor's slim profile. The SPN4235 is an astoundingly slim 3.1 inches deep, perfect for desk or wall mounting (the set includes a convenient pedestal stand, pictured). Brightness tends to be extremely uniform across plasma screens, which are also impervious to the picture distortion and negative color balances that afflict CRT monitors when placed near lighting or sound systems.
Additional inputs include one HD component-video input (480p/720p/1080i) and one SD component-video input (480i) as well as one each S-video, composite-video, and RF. Samsung's proprietary video-enhancement technology, Digital Natural Image engine (DNIe), performs 3D noise reduction and detail and contrast enhancement for all interlaced (non-HD) sources.
The set also houses a 10-watts-per-channel audio amplifier for use with optional speakers, such as those in your existing stereo or home theater, or Samsung's matching PSM4230 speakers. A dedicated subwoofer output is just what you need to hook the set up with a powered sub for rafter-rattling low frequencies from your favorite movies and music. And, if you're listening in stereo or 2.1 (stereo plus subwoofer), onboard Dolby Virtual surround sound will simulate an enveloping surround experience with no need for rear-channel speakers.
The set's NTSC two-tuner picture-in-picture (side-by-side, split-screen) grants convenient, simultaneous viewing of two TV programs, and a fanless cooling system ensures quiet operation. Other optional accessories include a wall-mount kit (WMN4230) and a pneumatic floor stand (FS420).
What's in the Box
TV, pedestal stand, remote control, remote batteries, 3 ferrite cores, 2 speaker cables, 1 RF audio/video cable, 1 S-video cable, 1 PC cable, 1 component-video cable, 1 composite-video cable, stereo analog audio (left/right RCA) interconnect, detachable AC power cord, user's manual, and registration information.
From the Manufacturer
- Digital Picture: Extremely powerful and quick, Samsungs Plasma TV can handle the greatest challenges presented by digital and analog sources. With up to 852 x 480 resolution, they can handle the fine detail and rich color of computer graphics, as well as fast-moving video from DVD and HDTV sources.
- Digital Natural Image engine by DNIe This first ever unique digital processing algorithm from Samsung, the DNIe, realizes revolutionary life-like pictures through 2 enhancers and 2 optimizers--motion optimizer, contrast enhancer, detail enhancer, and color optimizer. This superior digital picture quality is clearly distinguished even in HD signal and works effectively with any display device type.
- The Crystal-Clear Digital--Plasma TV is generated through total internal digital processing. When the TV turns on, the two address electrode panels cause gas to change to a plasma state and illuminate UV light. Then red, green, and blue phosphor filters absorb the UV light and re-radiate it as visible light. The self-illuminating system of Samsung Plasma TV delivers a crystal-clear and vivid image on a wide screen.
- High Definition Image with WVGA resolution--Samsungs plasma panels are both high definition TV and PC monitor ready. This allows the panel to be set up primarily for TV use, whilst at a flick of switch can transform it into a PC monitor for business application. Plasma with w-VGA resolution display realizes the truly picture-perfect screen quality of HDTV.
- High Quality Picture on a Wide Screen--Plasma TV provides a high contrast ratio (1200:1) is designed to have remarkable brightness while consuming low power. With a high brightness and contrast ratio Samsung Plasma TV reproduces images as real as reality and eliminates screen reflections. For watching movies or videos with color-rich images, Samsung Plasma TV is the perfect choice.
- Faruoudja Lab Technology Processing--Samsung Plasma TV performs directional interpolation on each pixel with DCDi technology, which detects the angle of an outer tilt by pixel, and then de-interlaces a video signal according to the angle. By this cutting edge process, it reproduces a soft and natural picture without any coarse outlines.
- Totally Convergent: Its not just entertainment TV, its also your gateway to the digital experience. Samsungs Plasma TV is totally compatible with external digital devices such as Digital STB, DVD players, personal computers, etc.
- The built-in tuner in the plasma TVs increases user convenience. Consumers do not need to buy a separate tuner nor install additional STBs for regular television programmes. Just switch the built in tuner on, then prepare to be amazed at how much better everything looks on a Samsung's Plasma TV.
- DTV and DVD Compatibility--Samsung's Plasma TV offers two digital component smart input slots for DTVs and DVDs. Transmitting a sense of the high definition picture and theater experience, it processes diverse digital signals such as 480i/p, 720p, and 1080i. Transform your home into a personal theater with Samsung.
- DVI input--The DVI (Digital Visual Interface) applied in a Samsung's Plasma TV transmits visual signals 100% without any loss of signals, which means a picture-perfect reproduction of images. DVI allows connecting digital divices such as PC, D-STB, D-VHS and DVD Players, as well as guarantees the interface with upcoming digital devices of the future.
- 2 Tuner Picture-in-Picture (PIP) and Double Screen--It allows you to experience the vast world of entertainment and information at the same time. With various PIP modes you can simultaneously enjoy TV and DVD movies, PC applications, or any other source connected to your TV.
- PC Compatibility--Samsung's Plasma TV can function as a high-resolution PC monitor and a high-end TV without any sacrifice in picture quality. This TV allows the flexibility and practicality of both the a perfect PC monitor and home entertainment.
- Personalized Theater: With Samsung Plasma TV, you can get the excitement of cinema in the comfort of your own home. With surround sound, you can be totally involved in the experience of the movie you are watching.
- Superior Sound Quality--Samsung's Plasma TV has Dolby Virtual Surround System, which means the TV itself revives 3D Dolby surround sound without on additional audio system. The Dolby digital surround sound is enriched when the plasma TV is connected with Samsungs digital STB PRL3100 or SIR-T165. Its 3D sound effects complete a home theater system. This TV adopting a sub-woofer output (2.1ch) deepens lowpitched sounds.
- 2.1 ch Speaker System--Samsung's Plasma TVs have a subwoofer output jack, allowing you to easily attach a 2.1 ch subwoofer to create a home theater atmosphere.
- Large and Slim Screen--Samsung's Plasma TVs are ultra-slim, measuring only 79mm deep. The compact design accentuating the wide screen emphasizes clean and sheer simplicity. Together with the matching floor stand, the Plasma TV upscales your home interior.
- New Look Design: Samsung's Plasma TV has a new striking design that enhances your viewing pleasure. A dramatically simple black casing frames your television, whether it is on or off, making it a stylish and welcome addition to your home.
- High Contrast (1200:1), High Brightness(700cd/m2)
- 16:9 Aspect Ratio
- 2 Tuner PIP and Double Screen
- 160 degree Wide Viewing Angle
- 720 line Progressive Scan
- Dolby Virtual Surround
- Cinema Progressive Scan
- w-VGA PC Input (852 x 480)
- DVI Input
- Fanless for noise-free
- Built-in Stand
- Sub Woofer Output