5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Samsung 3D Glasses

Published 20 months ago by R. C. Marr

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't recharge until reset, November 18, 2012
This review is from: Samsung SSG-3500CR 3D Active Glasses (Electronics)
We received 2 pairs of SSG-3500CR 3D glasses with our UN55D8000 TV. They worked well, pairing OK and good for 3D viewing. Light enough, although still somewhat unnatural to be wearing while watching TV. But then, that is 3D viewing. It turned out that we don't watch 3D movies that often and so the glassses sit dormant for months at a time, and as a result loose their charge. When I tried to recharge them yesterday, like others have experienced, they wouldn't charge at all - no lights at all, even being left to charge over night. I spoke with Samsung support and they diagnosed them as likely having an "internal error" and they needed to be replaced (unfortunate that I was 1 month out of warranty). As a result I searched a little more and found reference to a Reset procedure for the glasses - which brought them back to life. I'm not sure why the Samsung tech didn't share this with me, but anyway. You can probably find the article online by searching on "SSG-3500CR Troubleshooting Guide How to reset the 3D glasses", I used Bing. In summary the procedure is to use a paper clip to press and hold the tiny reset button and then simultaneously press the pairing button. Hold for a couple of seconds and release the reset button first. A green light should (magically) appear. I then plugged them in to fully charge again. Nice. I see Samsung have released the SSG-3550CR glasses. Perhaps these don't suffer this same issue.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Samsung 3D Glasses, January 2, 2012
This review is from: Samsung SSG-3500CR 3D Active Glasses (Electronics)
We purchased 2 pairs of these Samsung 3D Glasses to use with our Samsung 3D Plasma 2011 TV. These 3D glasses are a perfect fit for Samsung 2011 TV's and is exactly what we needed/ordered. These glasses provide a beautiful crisp and clear 3D view. They are also lightweight and comfortable to wear. These glasses are rechargeable and can easily be recharged by connecting them through a USB port. Our experience has also been that they charge reasonably quick.

I am not a big fan of 3D, but since our TV has the 3D option, we felt we should at least have a set of glasses in the event we want/need them. These Samsung SSG-3500CR 3D Active Glasses fit that need perfectly. They are great glasses that are currently in the middle in terms of price. If you are looking for 3D glasses for a Samsung 2011 TV, than these are the glasses you should purchase. I think you will be happy. We certainly are.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight..., October 17, 2011
This review is from: Samsung SSG-3500CR 3D Active Glasses (Electronics)
I specifically purchased this order because I use prescripted glasses and they fit over your glasses.

There is no problem with the peering. A little bit expensive but it worth.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very lightweight and comfortable, 1 small con..., December 28, 2011
This review is from: Samsung SSG-3500CR 3D Active Glasses (Electronics)
These glasses are very comfortable and lightweight. A must-have for Samsung 2011 3DTV owners! The only gripe I have with these glasses is that ambient light from the sides come through the lens and cause a glare to the very right side and very left side of the lenses. But to fix it just turn off the lights / close the windowshades / and so forth! Other than that, these glasses are awesome.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not charging, March 5, 2014
This review is from: Samsung SSG-3500CR 3D Active Glasses (Electronics)
I brought this glass for my samsung tv, it worked for the first year then i cannot recharge this stuff, there is not way we can change the battery. I throwed in the next day garbage truck!

5.0 out of 5 stars Reset them with a paper clip, January 3, 2013
This review is from: Samsung SSG-3500CR 3D Active Glasses (Electronics)
These Bluetooth 3-D glasses contain a small battery that can discharge; at such a time, the glasses can be stuck into non-operability - you can't make the tiny light come on no matter what you do.

There is a small hole near the micro-USB charging port that can accept a paper clip; at the bottom of the hole is a pressable reset button. Plug in the charging cord, press the reset button with the paperclip, then press the glasses' regular button. If the light starts flashing, now you're charging and in a couple hours you'll be ready to go.

These active shutter glasses are 120 Hz (per eye) and make an awesome 3-D display out of a compatible Samsung TV. I like that they're light and can be worn over regular glasses quite comfortably. However, Samsung has newer glasses out - at this writing, check out the Samsung SSG-3550CR 3D Rechargeable Active Glasses-2012 Models - Black - and if I were buying a pair today I'd definitely go for their latest model.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best choice, February 14, 2012
This review is from: Samsung SSG-3500CR 3D Active Glasses (Electronics)
My best purchase so far. These glasses are excelent for those who have to use eyeglasses. They stay close but you are completely able to watch the 3D movies.

4.0 out of 5 stars Samsung 3d glasses: pro's and con's, May 6, 2012
This review is from: Samsung SSG-3500CR 3D Active Glasses (Electronics)
Bought the top of the line 3D glasses for my Samsung plasma TV and am generally positive about them. Here are pro's:
1. they work fine and sync'ed easily with 2011 model 3D TV
2. they are quite light and comfortable
3. they fit over glasses reasonably
4. they are rechargeable via USB cable and light indicates when charged

Here are con's or at least annoyances:
1. they don't fold up so only way to store is to hang on a hook and the like, which I don't think is best way to keep them from getting scratched. I used the box that they came in and the polishing rag around lenses to protect them.
2. as noted by others, light comes in from sides but that's easily corrected by turning off room lights
3. for my shipment, the instructions were in Japanese (or Chinese ?) so I had to hunt around web for basic info. The Samsung site did not have a manual for this model and I couldn't find one online.

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung 3-D, December 31, 2012
This review is from: Samsung SSG-3500CR 3D Active Glasses (Electronics)
The glasses arrived with no problems. It is the 3rd pair of the same worked perfect. Plan on buying a 4th pair. Great job!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best 3D Samsung Glasses, December 10, 2012
This review is from: Samsung SSG-3500CR 3D Active Glasses (Electronics)
This amazing glasses will allow you to discover the best quality 3d entertainment with your samsung 3d tv 2011. My is 46" and works great.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›