5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Value
I have had Samsung digital cameras in the past, and prefer them over most other brands for ease of use. I purchased this one when our older Samsung was passed on to our son.

Price
the price on this is fantastic. Compared to other cameras, even other Samsungs, with the same specifications, this is a bargain.

Size
Small and thin. If you...
Published on October 3, 2012 by Timothy L. Wagner

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheep and quality is eh
Thought i would have gotten better picture quality..but this as scratching the average mark. The build quality feels cheep..

Build Quality: 5/10

Picture: 4.5/10

Extras: 6/10

ok camera for $70...you get what you pay for
Published 19 months ago by josh

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Value, October 3, 2012
This review is from: Samsung ST68 Compact Digital Camera - 16.1mp - 5x Optical Zoom- Live Panorama - Black (Camera)

Price

Size
Small and thin. If you want something 'meaty' that you can hold with both hands, this is not the camera for you. It is smaller then a cell phone, and thinner.The benefit of this, though, is that this is the first digital camera I have ever owned that I could put in my pocket. I mean it FITS in a pocket, no bulging or stretching. It even slides into a shirt pocket with only a minimal profile.

Menu
As I said earlier, I have always preferred Samsung for its ease of use. Many digital cameras can have a steep learning curve as you wend your way through multiple menus and tools. This camera keeps it simple. There's a 'menu' key and a 'mode' key. Those two keys take you to the most used tools. Simple, concise, and quick. It takes video, and that is a key all by itself that slides between camera and video mode.

Tools
All the ones you would expect are there, including a pretty nifty panaromic capability. It has a nice portrait mode, sepia, landscape, etc. Much like the menu, the various tools are self explainatory and easy to use.

Quality
In the end, you want a camera that takes nice pics and video. This camera does that. Pictures are crisp and clear, though you have to be a little careful on the zoom mode at its highest level, but that's true of all cameras. This is the perfect choice for the casual photographer who wants something a little nicer then standard, with better features.

Other
The camera takes a micro-sd card. This contributes to it's small size.

5.0 out of 5 stars Girls just wanna have fun!, January 29, 2013
This camera was purchased for my 7 year old daughter. It is stylish, yet rugged enough to take on the demands of my daughter. It is easy to use and a snap to charge; you just plug in the charge cord on the side of the camera (no battery removal to charge). It charges quickly, which is a plus. My daughter captures her little moments with family and friends, both still shot and video (her favorite of course). I highly recommend this product, especially for parents looking for that extra little something for their active, creative, and imaginative child.

5.0 out of 5 stars Crystal Clear Photos, March 15, 2013
For this price, it doesn't get any better. I ordered this because it is Samsung - a brand I trust - it is inexpensive, and it is pink! It is such a cute camera! It is set to automatically adjust lighting for the picture, but you can turn that off. I've tried messing with it a bit and I can see that it has all sorts of settings for taking pictures, even panoramic, which I have not seen in a point-and-shoot camera before. I haven't bothered with them though, since I have not found a need. Zooming is easy, but not necessary. The best part is that it auto-focuses, so there are no blurry photos! One thing to note: It does not come with a memory card for your photos! It caused me a bit of distress after the memory was full from only 13 or so photos. However, you can easily transfer them from the camera to your computer with the adapter chord that it comes with. Just be aware that, using this method, you can only take about 13 photos at a time. For me, it has never been a big deal, but it is something to look into if you take a lot of photos.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very neat and sleek camera, October 10, 2012
This camera is very neat and sleek. It fits into many small clutch purses. There are many features on it. It captures very good night pics using the Auto feature. The night mode feature is not that good. This camera also has good built in memory: without a memory card, it took approximately 12 pictures.

5.0 out of 5 stars samsung st68, July 13, 2014
cynthia (Florida United States) - See all my reviews
Bought this twice as a gift. No problems with pictures. They are clear and vibrant. Zoom works great when you are sitting far from a stage at an event. Has lots of settings. Took a pictire in complete dark and it came out like it was taken in the day time. As with all cameras take care to keep sand or dirt out. We had our lens scratched from sand on our first one and you could see in the photos we took. however if we used the zoom you couldnt see it in the picture. Then had issue with
the shutter not wanting to open. We think
it was due to the sand. Being more careful with this one. Battery charge last for a long time. Uses a micro card to store photos.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy for the Price, June 3, 2013
This was rated well by other customers as being simple and good quality. I find this camera meets and exceeds those opinions as well as being a fun camera to use. So easy to keep with me wherever I go, and it got me back to wanting to shoot pictures as I once did quite often when I used to use my 35mm SLR's for family and pleasure photography! I also worked as a professional photog and with all this exposure to photography I was quite a shutter bug. I went into other careers and the Industry changed so dramatically during my employment transitions in a short number of years. I needed to get back to the idea of at least being prepared for those special occasions when you want to capture the moment for future posterity. Or to just have some fun with photography images that I can adjust and print on my advanced home computer. I must say this camera goes hand in hand with all my current needs and for such a small investment! I will certainly go to a more advanced camera in the future if my needs become more professional again, but, for now this is doing me a world of good to have the opportunity to just shoot some fun pictures and capture special images or video.
One thing some folks may not be aware of is the fact that this and many basic digital cameras don't come with a huge memory capacity. What I did was to immediately purchase a San Disk micro SDHC 16 GB memory card to boost my shooting capability. Now with that I can shoot stills and videos with my camera without having to worry too soon about downloading the images to my computer or running out of capacity in the middle of some special occasion! Also, I do have an external hard drive that I can store most of my new photos and videos on, so as not to use up too much space on my computer hard drive.
This camera is for sure a great one for folks that are new to digital technology or those that want to keep picture taking simple and convenient.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheep and quality is eh, April 1, 2013
josh (hollywood, fl) - See all my reviews

Build Quality: 5/10

Picture: 4.5/10

Extras: 6/10

ok camera for $70...you get what you pay for

5.0 out of 5 stars camera, February 22, 2013
I love this camera! It has so many easy to use features and it is so small it fits in my pocket! The pics are great too and easy to upload.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my collection., February 21, 2013
Came quickly, wonderful features, small size. Couldn't really ask for much more for the price. Samsung did a smashing job. Just kindof wish there was an aperture setting on it, but I have other cameras with that on it. Great Buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Super, January 2, 2013
Was really suprised how nice this camera is. Small, easy to use and decent picture quality. Great value for the price! Videos playback with sound (which my daughter loves) I got it for her but I prefer grabbing her camera over my own for quick shots!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›