Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

on February 16, 2012
If you follow my other reviews, I tend to buy products that will fit well into my mid-town apartment. I definitely made the right decision with this computer. The design gets an A+. I saw some reviews where the reviews on-line where the reviewer did not like the drive port extending on the right side of the base, but I think it adds character to the design. The performance is much better than the reviews lead me to believe. I have worked in Information Technology for over 20 years and I don't have any problems with the performance of this computer. I use it mostly for surfing the web, writing documents, and light on-line gaming. I remote desktop into work to do my "heavy lifting", (i.e. I don't compile and debug on this computer, but then again, I purchased this mostly for the design and the speed of performing home computing. I highly recommend this computer.
44 comments| 83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 25, 2012
Very pleased with this computer. Easy set up, excellent picture quality, very, very fast. No complaints! Excellent price. Would highly recommend this computer.
on November 9, 2012
I purchased this computer and it comes with Windows 7 Home Premium. It works well as configured from the factory, and will run your standard software packages without a problem. The RAM and storage are ample for most people. I also connected it to a 2nd monitor, using HDMI, and the dual desktop provides a clean image and plenty of extended real estate.

I have two problems with this computer. First, the keyboard was very uncomfortable for me. I replaced it with a Microsoft Natural keyboard and mouse and that combination works fine. Because this is a "desktop for my home office", portability was not a need.

The second problem is more significant. Samsung claims this computer is fully compatible with Windows 8. Yes, it will install and operate generically. However, several of the essential Samsung drivers and software are not compatible with the Win 8 install, and are removed. Although Samsung has promised the drivers ( on 8/24/2012 ), as of 11/9/2012 they are not available. Thus there will be some issues with networking, Bluetooth, and the visual display. My other Samsung devices ( tablet and notebook ) do have the drivers and the performance there is improved accordingly.

If you are considering this computer my suggestion is to wait until it either ships with Win 8 Pro installed, or you see the drivers available. It is interesting that on their own website they say it works best with Windows 8, but they can give me no information ( email, phone, or chat ) on when these will be available.

UPDATE 1/26/2013 : Samsung finally published the Windows 8 drivers and performance has improved. I still find some quirks with this computer, but it is run all day long and is not failing. I tried a full Microsoft comfort keyboard ( angled ) and that was working fine. However, I wanted to have a smaller keyboard footprint. I am now using the Microsoft 5000 Bluetooth Mobil Keyboard, and their Bluetooth Mouse. It frees a USB port, and works fine. I can stash the keyboard and mouse easily clearing off workspace on my desk.

I would also like to note I use this with a dual monitor setup ( HDMI ). That setup and worked perfectly from the beginning.

The computer has a smaller footprint, can easily be folded and stored, and seems to work well now.
on October 4, 2012
I am a software developer; I purchased this PC for its neat clean design, the performance is very reasonable, I have the i5 version with 8GB RAM. so far, so good, I will update this review over time.

Update 10/10/2012: Tested this PC with windows 8 64bit (Release Preview), touch works even better (all components work / drivers work), windows 8 makes lot more sense with a PC like this. (can't wait to install the final version of windows 8... and still looks sexier than an iMac.

Update: 11/19/2012: Keyboard and mouse are very unreliable, mouse double clicks, keyboard ran out of battery in 2 weeks without illuminating the low battery light.
on May 8, 2012
After a few weeks of research for a replacement for my iMac I came across this computer is a fantastic computer, the computer is very lightweight with a nice design, the specs are more than enough for most consumers.

The LED-backlit Screen is very nice Samsung is known for making one of the best monitors and HDTV and this computer is not an exception the screen provides and excellent picture and great touch screen experience (This computer will be ready to take full advantage of Windows 8 when it comes out)

Very please with this computer high recommend.
on July 10, 2012
Bought this from the warehouse as a like-new product. Like new tells me that it is very much the same as any new product except that it has been opened and possibly used briefly. What I received was a computer completely devoid of any software except for the basics (internet explorer and Windows 7). Other issues:

- No documentation was included in the box - not even an invoice.
- No directions on where to go to get the needed software.
- The touch screen functionality was non-existent. Had to research and download touchscreen driver before I could get it to work.
- No keyboard/mouse usb receiver was in the box. Had to spend an hour on Samsung chat to get them to send me one.
- Speakers pop intermittently.

After about eight hours of time, I finally have the computer working the way it should have been working when I received it. I will not purchase items from Amazon warehouse again.

So how well does the computer work?....Great! It boots up fast and performs as expected. Samsung has some interesting and effective tools to manage software and hardware (ie. Easy Software Manager, Easy Support Center). The screen is beautiful and the overall design is very functional. Wish it had come with a blue ray though.

Update on 13 Jul 12: Contacted Amazon about the above issues. They were extremely helpful and gave me several options for resolution including refunding a portion of the item's cost while allowing me to keep the computer. Great company!

Update on 12 Feb 2013: This beast continues to work flawlessly. It remains by far the fastest machine I have ever owned. I rarely use the touchscreen functionality so upgrading to Windows 8 (horrible version by the way) was not necessary - nor wanted. Boot up time from cold start to operational status remains less than 30 seconds. Samsung continues to provide timely and useful updates from their SW Update program. I could not be happier with this computer. Still very highly recommended.
on July 4, 2012
I love electronics and tend to buy a new work and home desktop computer (and laptops) every 18-24 months. I have experience with Sony, Lenovo, HP, Samsung, Apple, Dell, and Toshiba. I was in the market to replace my HP all in one work desktop that had slowed to a snail's pace despite many interventions. I have an all in one Sony and iMac at home (both of which I love), but wanted to try something different. I absolutely loved my Samsung Series 9 laptop(except for the fact I had to give it up due to horrible wireless performance), so I took a serious look at Samsung's all in one and decided to give it a try. I must say I have been disappointed.

Pros
* Great screen resolution
* Slim screen design

Cons
* Much slower than I expected. Have super fast work internet, but this pales in comparison to the speed of my Lenovo laptop on the same internet connection.
* Keyboard/mouse is the worst I have ever had -- feels like a tin can and bounces if typing fast or with any force. Plan on using a 3rd party keyboard if you choose this computer.
* Sits low on the desk, compared to 3-4" of elevation for other all in ones. My ergonomically correct desk setup no longer works, as I have to slouch to view the screen on center.
* Have to walk behind my desk to get to the ports, etc. If not on a free standing desk, will need to reach around or turn computer to access USB ports, etc.
* Large and non-symmetrical base, so not easy to turn to enable viewing by others or access to back. If turn, have to be careful power cord does not come loose.

All in all, I believe you can get better value for the money. Sad to say as I really wanted to love this computer and still miss my Series 9 laptop!!
on October 8, 2012
I generally really like the design that Samsung puts into their products and so went for this one, but had not thought enough about their choice to have part of the computer be in the base (the stand) for this all-in-one with a screen that can lay flat. Given that it's also a touch screen every time you touch the screen it tends to wobble on the stand.
- - - -
After having this PC for just one year (just past warranty), the machined failed, from intermittent failure of Windows to no networking hardware recognized. Tried getting Samsung service center to provide quote to fix but NO returned call. Unfortunately a WASTE of $980+ after a year. Would NOT recommend buying a computer from Samsung as I could not get any support to salvage the investment.
on June 13, 2012
I bought this computer for no reason, and just wanted to see how good Samsung is. I was so sick and tired of HP that there is not enough space here to describe the problems. HP computers are made in China, Sale office is in Phillipines, Customer service is in India, and Managers are in Canada. Corporate offices is in in California, which is as useless as anything else. After returning SIX new computers on the advise of their managers, they wrote me a letter, that they would no longer sell me HP computers. Then wrote me back and made me VIP customer, because I still have five of their top of the line computers and service through "Smart Friend". So much for HP.
Samsung on the contrary is excellent and I can't believe that a PC can be so beautiful and smooth. I doesn't crash, and nothing else goes wrong with it. I read the reviews on CNET, before buying.
I've had Toshiba, Sony and Dell in the past. Currently I use iMac 27" and all the Apple products. But now I'm in love with Samsung. It's just like Mac.
on October 16, 2012
First of all I love Samsung products! My phone, my PC, my headsets etc. So when I went back to school I discovered I needed a new desktop. After doing considerable research for 6+ months earlier for a tablet, I happened up on this Samsung all in one. Wow, the reviews were awesome so I went to a retailer to see it in person. What a great footprint and design.
Pros: touch screen, great clarity, beautiful picture, great sound, easiest set up ever.
Cons: uses AAA batteries in the keyboard rapidly, I replace them once a week and there is no off switch like other cordless keyboards I've used. (not the case with the mouse). Every two weeks when I turn on the machine I get a message that there is not input to the monitor. So I unplug and replug and it comes on. Not sure if that is an ongoing problem but I had not see that in other reviews.

I did get some glass blocks and a board to raise it up off the desk so I have room for my books and it is at eye level.
I was able to find it through Amazon used for a significant discount compared to other places. So I made the purchase and regardless of some shipping issues, the vendor was reliable, and the unit is great. I highly recommend it!