4.0 out of 5 stars It's a good computer for the price

1.0 out of 5 stars What?
Published on November 25, 2012 by Frank DiMeglio

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a good computer for the price, November 4, 2012
Glenn G. Sippola (Concord Twp, OH, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsung Series 3 NP-RV515-A04US 15.6-Inch Laptop (Silver) (Personal Computers)
I have only had this computer for about a week and haven't had any issues with it and even set it up as a duel boot with Ubuntu 12.04 LTS with no problems. The only complaint I have about it right now is the sound, it's not very good but i didn't buy this computer for a sound machine so I am o.k. with that. The graphics are very good which is very important for a laptop computer and the 15.6" monitor is what I really like. For the price, I think it is a very good buy. If things change, I'll write an update to this review. Otherwise, I would recommend buying this laptop. One last comment, the Exclusive Fast Start Technology is great and works as advertised.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great bang for the buck..., November 7, 2012
Purchased this item during a one day Amazon special for $339 - and I am not looking back at all! The processor is not a speed demon but for Office apps - particularly LibreOffice - just fine. My large LCD television fried and during the time spent waiting for repair I installed the DirecTV app that enables you to stream recorded items to your PC and the performance was flawless.

I've installed VirtualBox and it runs Virtual Machines just fine.

The laptop is large - full size keyboard with separate numeric keypad - and the screen easy on my older eyes.

Samsung's battery technology has come a long way and even with this economy model, you get 4+ hours on a charge.

While some metal (for strength) on the case would have been nice, for the money I don't think you can go wrong with this unit.

I successfully registered the purchase on Microsoft's site for a $15 upgrade to Windows 8 Professional, although I haven't taken the time to actually do the upgrade yet.

Lastly, the bloatware loaded on the machine was minimal - and easily removed. I commend Samsung on their restraint.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid Machine For General Tasks, November 17, 2012
I bought this for my wife because she is tired of sharing her laptop with the kids all the time. She primarily uses it to access the web and store pictures. This machine is perfectly fine for those uses. And she likes the way it looks which is important too.
I wouldn't run heavy programs for video editing or anything like that on it, but for basic tasks, Samsung makes a quality product and is sleek. Good battery life also.

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Value for the price, November 19, 2012
I ordered this computer as a back-up to my main computer and for use in my shop so I could keep up with e-mail and stream music off the internet to my shop stereo. At this price point I did not expect a high quality computer but I was pleasantly surprised. I especially like the quick boot feature which takes the computer out of sleep mode in 3 seconds after opening the lid, yet uses no power while the lid is closed. Amazing! If I have to fault the computer, I would take one star away for poor sound quality from the built in speakers. Otherwise, I would highly recommend this computer to any one who wants a quality computer at a budget price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Increased Price on a Good Computer, November 22, 2012
I purchased this computer about a couple of weeks ago for my husband. He doesn't really do much on computers except look things up on the Internet and play games. He's totally not computer savy in any way, shape, or form. If anyone was going to have a problem with a computer, it would be him. He tells me he "loves it", so we're thinking about purchasing another one for our daughter for Christmas.

I wrote the above paragraph a couple of days ago and I've been keeping an eye out on this computer because I was hoping the price would go down and I could get one for our daughter. Well, it's gone UP instead. I thought Amazon would have deals on Black Friday....well, not in this case. The price increased about $30.

1.0 out of 5 stars What?, November 25, 2012
I opened the box and fired it up and instantly had problems. I got an error message saying windows was missing files. I tried to use the supplied disk to set it up and it could not find a windows allocated partition. It showed windows on drive E but could not restore to "original" configuration. After one full day (12+ hrs) I gave up, boxed it up and I am returning it. May be a fluke but just wouldn't work for me. Ordered a Dell instead.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing features and quality for the price!, November 25, 2012
L. Adams (Carlsbad, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Got this on a lightning deal. I use a laptop in my kitchen throughout the day for internet, gtalk, kids homework, and it travels with us on vacation but this can do so much more and has bonus features I did not expect to get in this price such as the separate 10 key, quality of picture, sound, hdmi output, etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, November 19, 2012
This is my first laptop and I love it! It's sleek, slim, the HD is awesome and it performs as it should. I got it for a really good price too through Amazon's one-day deals. I am very happy with my laptop

4.0 out of 5 stars great purchase, November 24, 2012
I was looking at this product for some time when alas! it went on sale at Amazon. I love the fact that it is lightweight. I have hadit now for about a month and so far I have nothing bad to say about it. It is fast and responsive. I would buy another one with no hesitation. great product. great price

5.0 out of 5 stars Great unit for the money, November 19, 2012
Tom Brockway (Maplewood, MN, US) - See all my reviews
All went Well with the transaction. Quick delivery. Has all I need. I can Skype and play Pogo games from my bedroom now. Not just from my desktop PC.