on January 22, 2013
I ordered from Amazon's 3rd party seller since it was little cheaper than Amazon LLC.

Came with stock condition which were below descriptions.

Windows 8 64 bit

Core i5 3210m 2.5 Ghz - 3.1 Ghz turbo boost [not in power saving mode]

6GB DDR3 1600Mhz [2 + 4 GB]

AMD HD 7730m 2GB Graphics card [External]

Intel HD 4000 Graphics [integrated]

500GB 5400RPM Seagate HDD

Overall, Is it not the high end laptop but it is decent laptop that can handle lots of graphic work & gaming.

Since I hated using Windows 8, I decided to downgrade to Windows 7 [I had OEM CD].

It requires some average knowledge of computers & software but it is not so complicated.

First, I copy the disc into my Samsung 128GB SSD by using recovery mode by pressing F4.

Thankfully, windows 8 provides disc copy mode, so you do not need to buy 3rd party software like acronis... etc.

I boot up with SSD [still in Windows 8] blazzing fast boot up which took about 15 sec, 1 sec to resume.

Windows 8 had this BIOS protection called "UEFI" which blocks user to install other old edition of windows like XP, 7 , vista.

What you do is, get into the BIOS [F2] and go to BIOS area and switch the option into UEFI ENABLED.

Once you done that, now you can boot up from your CD.

I believe everyone know how to install windows 7.. so I skip to performance.

Make sure you download the graphics driver for AMD from SW update otherwise it does not work properly.

In the beginning, I got 4.6 for CPU calculation, so I thought it was defective... [sorry I was dumb].

Later on, I found out that I was missing of graphics driver & in bios power saving mode was on.

I downloaded CCC from AMD put into max performance when it's AC plugged, and in BIOS I also put as maximum performance.

Boot up to the window, window experience index shows 7.1 , 7.5, 5.6, 6.6, 8.1 [calculation, RAM, Graphics, Gaming, SSD]

I tested on Starcraft 2 in ultra mode, which has average FPS of 35 ~ 50 depends on connection.

When it is in HIGH setting, has FPS of 60 ~ 80 which is very smooth!!.

I would recommend this laptop if you want to go back to windows 7, not for windows 8.

On the other hand, Samsung support isn't so helpful over the phone.

I asked them about finding the graphics driver, they found different graphics which never worked on my laptop.

Therefore, I needed to my own research to get the best performance from this machine.

It is well built laptop but without Backlit keyboard but it is great performing machine that handles great on games & some graphics works.

However, make sure you turn off the max performance when you are using battery [I always use laptop with AC on]

Hoply it is reasonable review for this laptop, and sorry about my grammar mistakes [I am not English person].

Thank you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I have posted gaming experiences on youtube.

[...]
Running in ultra mode in starcraft II which is very smooth.
88 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Verified Purchase
I have this laptop for 6 months already and it works very nice, i play games all the time, it runs games like Metro Last Light on medium graphics, Skyrim runs on high level graphics and Dead Space 3 runs great on high settings.

I switched to windows 7 because i dont like 8, all the drivers are at samsungs web site.

the only thing that i dont like is the hard drive, it is slow, but for the price, the laptop is great.
on February 10, 2013
It's a great little laptop. You can watch 1080p video files on it, play minecraft on all high settings, and it has 6 hour battery life for low power consuming activities.(like running word,excel,listening to music etc.) it gets about 2 hours battery life for running everything at 100% which is quite good. You'll get even longer if you leave the power presets the way they are. On battery they have processer and graphics limited to 50% power. Of course you can change that if you want like I did, but if battery life is your concern then leave it alone.
on March 24, 2013
Verified Purchase
Discrete graphics, a healthy dose of RAM, and a Core i5 processor makes this a great middle of the road. I will say they have upped the price 10% since I purchased one, and I am sad to see that, but the current price is still $100 less than average market value of this laptop. It is hard to find a laptop with this set of features in this price range that is usually reserved for a basic-use machine. I lowered the rating to 4 stars for the jacked up price and bloatware that unfortunately comes with any computer.
on December 28, 2012
I really love this laptop. It's sleek, responsive and takes pretty much everything I throw at it without any problems. The reviewer complaining about the graphics card must not know what they are doing because it works flawlessly for me. My only complaint is that the usb 2.0 ports were kinda difficult to deal with, when I first started using them. The 3.0s were fine, but the 2.0s had to be "broken in".
on December 8, 2012
Verified Purchase
This laptop first off is very sturdy build with a nice sleek looking design. it stays cool during all normal use, and gets mildly warm while gaming on it. 1 review said they had problems with the graphics. I have not had this problem, I just enabled switchable graphics pop to pop up any time something hadn't been assigned for either the hd 4000 or the 7730m and it runs like a charm, i get anywhere between 3-7 hour battery like depending on brightness

Some down sides are there are no indications of whether caps locks or num locks is on or off, but that's not a real deal breaker, and i wish it had a higher resolution for what I paid for.

I like having 4 USB ports, so very useful, but they are a tad difficult to get things in them at first, but now there is not problem.

Some people may not like windows 8, but I love it, while yes it has it's issues, it still has most everything windows 7 has, plus more.

over all, I rate it 5 star laptop. If you want a laptop that can game mildly and do alot more, this is worth every penny I spent on it.

EDIT: well Maybe I spoke to soon, after encountering poor quality in just trying to play league, and samsung announcing they quit windows 8... This laptop is actually a very poor choice with its price tag.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 24, 2013
Verified Purchase
Why do i need to register to get the same old free games I had on my old machine?????????
Otherwise a GREAT MACHINE

RBW
on January 6, 2013
I purchased this laptop a month ago and worked with it for three weeks trying to get thru software issues, but gave up. Three issues were deciding factors: (1) after downloading Samsung's own software update utility, my browser and other software disappeared, requiring a full system restore; (2) Samsung has configured Windows 8 system files in a way that eliminates system restore points; (3) I had repeated blue screen of death experiences - with no warning or rationale. The laptop was simply unstable, and Samsung tech support had no idea how to make it stable. All that said, the hardware is excellent, which kept me in the game for three weeks hoping to find a way. The matte screeen display is excellent; the keyboard is excellent, and the Windows 8 gestures trackpad virtually elminates the need to use the mouse. But the software issues were overriding.
on November 24, 2012
Verified Purchase
I bought this a little under a month ago and in the first two days I was already having issues.
I purchased this laptop to play minimal games on and routinely type up papers and reports for class. But little did I know that Windows 8 didn't have all of its drivers up to date. Wait scratch that, a majority of them didn't work properly. When I installed Battlefield 3, I quickly went into the game hoping for amazing results, which to my surprise, I was getting 12FPS. I changed the settings to the lowest possible, still 12FPS. Put them on max settings, still 12FPS. It's as if the drivers aren't up to date and cannot switch over properly from the Intel HD Graphics to the Radeon 7730 graphics card. In the month I've had this computer, I've yet to put it through what I intend to use it for. It has been sitting on my shelf gathering dust.

I talked to Samsung support and their best answer was to, and I quote, "Purchase Windows 7 and install the applications you need." I tried one more time with their support and got another answer of, "just wait for the drivers to come out sometime in the following year." ....-_- this is extremely discouraging.

After ALL of this i decide to ask my buddy for his copy of Windows 7, he obliges, I install Windows 7 everything work smoothly, I decide that I want to go back to Windows 8 for a day and show him what Windows 8 actually looks like. BUT THERE IS NO WINDOWS 8 RECOVERY DISC. Normally every laptop I have every purchased, has some sort of recovery disc to format your computer and reinstall windows. NOT THIS ONE. I was beyond shocked. I'm currently going into detail with amazon support, and have been talking to Samsung support throughout this entire ordeal. I finally needed someone to rant to, and who better than a potential buyer of this computer. Be very weary of what you buy online and make sure you get what you pay for.
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...

See 1 answered question