Most helpful critical review
25 of 28 people found the following review helpful
on September 22, 2012
- Very nice design, sleek and elegant (similar to macbook air)
- Light and portable
- Runs pretty smoothly, i.e. no lagging or delay when opening and running programs (from what I could tell during my short ownership)
- Mine would overheat and crash, and became too hot to touch on the bottom side near the back. This made the laptop pretty useless, and I had to return it for a refund.
- Lots of bloatware (i.e. useless, pre-installed software). Just annoying to uninstall it.
- Ships with a recovery CD, despite the lack of CD drive on the laptop. You'll need an external CD drive, or be able to copy the CD contents to a bootable USB flash drive.
Important note: I strongly encourage anyone who still decides to buy this laptop (after all, mine might've been a single case of overheating) to first do a complete re-installation of Windows using the CD (or some other form of "stress testing") just to see if it can make it through the process. Mine couldn't, it would overheat during the process and crash. The last thing you want is to use it lightly for a few months, only to later find out it overheats during longer, more intense use. Try to test out everything on any new laptop you buy.