|Screen Size||11.6 inches|
|Screen Resolution||1366 x 768|
|Max Screen Resolution||1336 x 768 pixels|
|Processor||1.33 GHz Core i3-380UM|
|RAM||2 GB DDR3|
|Graphics Coprocessor||Intel HD Graphics 3000|
|Number of USB 2.0 Ports||2|
Samsung Series 9 NP900X1A-A01US 11.6-Inch Laptop (Black)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Intel Core i3 Processor 1.33GHz
- 2GB DDR3 RAM
- 64GB Solid-State Hard Drive
- 11.6-Inch Screen
- Windows 7 Home Premium
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
Here are my initial thoughts:
[*]Size, weight, build quality feels equal to the MBA. The material is certainly different but it feels just as solid and just as sleek. I find the color of the metal more appealing than the bright aluminum.
[*]Matte screen. I don't know why so few companies still offer matte screens. Everyone I hear talk about them prefers them to the glossy ones. This screen is fantastic. Sharp text, good colors, and excellent (best I've ever seen) brightness.
[*]The keyboard and trackpad are comfortable to use. The position of your wrists is always going to be a challenge on a notebook this small. I had gotten used to it on the MBA and feel no difference here. The keyboard backlight is a plus.
[*]Speed. It's not as fast as my desktop, nor should it be. It's fast enough for everything I want to do on it. The SSD helps a great deal and boot time and wake from sleep time is excellent.
[*] USB 3.0 port
[*] No real home, end, page up, and page down keys. I use them a lot and they're functions of the arrows on this keyboard layout.
[*] No two-finger tap to click for right click.Read more ›
- With stock Broadcom wifi card, I did not notice any wifi problems as discused with some 13.3". On speedtest.net, I get comparable speeds as my other laptops, maxing the internet speeds of my wifi connection. No drops, so this is a non-issue.
- Removing the base is easy, remove the 8 screws under the 8 rubber stubs. Carefully pry open. I start from the area between the screen, easiest for me.
- Upgrading to wifi Intel 6230 is easy, just swap. Removed all wifi/bluetooth drivers, then install the wifi and bluetooth drivers from Intel for Windows 7 64-bt. Although the device manager shows 3 bluetooth yellow ticks, both wifi and bluetooth work fine without any issues. Speed on 5Ghz is faster than 2.4ghz, insanly fast.
- Swapping to 128GB SSD is easy too,
- As far as I can tell, memory is not upgradable. There are no memory slots visible.Read more ›
- As everyone else says, wifi connection is horrible.
- When using Skype, serious noise to the recipient. Disconnecting the power line may help, but not always. (After 5 months, it is getting worse and worse. Disconnecting the power line reduces the noise just a little bit.)
- When the power line is connected without ground connection (earth), you could be electrocuted. Of course I am exaggerating, but I am not kidding. Disconnecting the power line always helps.
I bought this pretty laptop in the US and broght it to Samsung headquarters, a newly built beautiful glass-tower at Gangnam District in Seoul Korea for repair. What did I hear from Samsung headquarters?
- They knew about the wifi issue. They will find a solution.
- They knew about the leaking electricity to the surface of laptop, but they insisted that no one would be killed by such a low voltage. They said that any product with metal outfit would have the same problem. Then, why did they use DURALUMIN from the beginning? Didn't they know that many hotels in the world do not have ground connection?
- The noise issue? It was not worth it.
I visited Samsung three times and let their technicians and CS people feel the leaking electric shock. They tested other laptops in their warehouse and felt the same electric shock. They finally admitted that this product has serious defects and said they would consider a worldwide recall. But they still refused refund because I bought it from Amazon. I came back to the States and found out that it was too late for refund.
I am now stuck with this pretty shocker (literally) waiting for a recall. Then today I found out that Samsung reduced the price substantially. Has Samsung decided to get rid of this product from their sight just as HP did? A desperate step before the worldwide recall?
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Battery lasted 2 hours max from the day it arrived. Plastic parts started to fall off in places. Need to keep the adapter plugged in of course and the wire has snapped in several... Read morePublished 6 months ago by Asin
excellent item I would buy it again in a minute I would recommend the 2000 percentPublished 11 months ago by Michele S
I bought this laptop last October. The delivery was prompt and everything seemed to be in order. However, after owning the computer for little over a week it began to update... Read morePublished 19 months ago by Kaitlyn
So it's basically a perfect laptop. It's refined, everything works extremely well, very user friendly, incredibly lightweight, the resolution is spot on, the backlit keyboard is... Read morePublished on February 5, 2014 by colton graham
This unit is way to touchy. Tablet has problems,Widows 8 works well for my purposes. Forget about support from a very unconcerned staff. would choose diffenrtly given the chance.Published on January 7, 2014 by eeb
Excellent Series 9 laptop. This is my first laptop, and a sense of when it is used simply fabulous.
assembly on top, chic appearance, thin, light, powerful. Read more
This is actually a gift to my friend and he likes to use window mail to download his mail. I try looking for a free download, but the are all 3rd party download. Read morePublished on September 11, 2013 by Tuan Besar
great exterior design, too bad it's hopelessly slow and thus not usable. Portability is only worthwhile if the computer can actually be useful.Published on August 22, 2013 by Sunil Suri
It is very thin good design. Even this computer is so fast. No lagg when I play game. My best computer everPublished on August 17, 2013 by samsung best
See the Top Rated Laptops in our Laptop Reviews.