5.0 out of 5 stars Took a gamble, and it was totally worth it.
Found this kit after scouring the internet for a kit that came with a blue battery cover. No reviews, so I took a gamble on this kit. Installation was quick and straightforward, Threw my phone on my QI charger and it sprang to life!

NFC still works with this charging kit installed.
The factory cover fits, albeit it is kind of tight. This causes the cover...
Published 16 months ago by Interpol1231

1.0 out of 5 stars Wrong product
I would suggest everyone be careful when ordering this item hoping to receive the pictured black qi wireless receiver, what was shipped was the old white version. The white version is almost twice as thick, interfered with nfc on my S3, and caused the back to bulge considerably.
Published 11 months ago by Jocelyn Mallon

5.0 out of 5 stars Took a gamble, and it was totally worth it., March 5, 2013
This review is from: Samsung Galaxy S3 S i9300 QI Standard Wireless Charger Charging Receiver Tag -White (Wireless Phone Accessory)

NFC still works with this charging kit installed.
The factory cover fits, albeit it is kind of tight. This causes the cover to bulge over the card ever so slightly. I don't consider this to be a flaw but thought it was worth mentioning.

1.0 out of 5 stars Wrong product, July 19, 2013
Jocelyn Mallon "~ Jocelyn" (Southern California, USA) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to install, works perfectly, July 29, 2013
I constantly tinker with everything I own, to remove as many frustrations as possible, much to the annoyment of my girlfriend. When I saw what Qi charging promised, I was immediately interested: "I can charge my phone *without* plugging it in? Without hunting for the power cable every night?" I asked.

$40 and two days later, I had this receiver tag and a charging pad in my hands. Installation of the receiver was nearly idiot proof; just peel the paper off the adhesive, line up the contacts, and press. The receiver sticks entirely to the battery, so it doesn't prevent you from removing the battery, but it *does* prevent you from swapping out batteries unless you buy two receivers or adhere it to the backplate.

It was slightly thicker than I expected, around the thickness of a credit card, which creates a visible raised spot in the backplate and allows the phone to rock when it is installed. I broke out the calipers and came up with a thickness of 0.42 inches with the receiver tag inside, up from the standard 0.34 inches. Obviously there is only so much you can do while protecting the coil, but the experience was still less than perfect.

After installing, the phone works exactly as expected on the charging pad. For kicks I tried putting my phone into a Mophie Juice Pack. The already tight fit wasn't having it, so use caution if you have a rigid case without much give to it. A standard TPU case worked just fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Better Than Others!, November 30, 2013
AMJones (Madison, WI United States) - See all my reviews
This receiver has worked much better than others that I have had in the past. With others, the phone would randomly disconnect from the charger several times during an evening. With this receiver, this only happened occasionally.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great!, November 14, 2013
D. McAfee "deelmac" (Adrian, MI United States) - See all my reviews
works with the Nokia DT-900 Qi wireless charger I have. Haven't had any problems. It does make the case bulge a little bit, but the back cover fits back on with no problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars This charging receiver will greatly improve your S-3, December 14, 2013
I purchased this receiver because I needed a more convenient charging method instead of having to plug my S3 in and out as I move about my home. With this easily installed receiver, it fit inside over the existing battery without causing any cover fitment issues. A big plus with using this receiver is it actually extends the life of not only your battery but the charging receptacle on your S3. I highly recommend using this over the conventional charging cord at home or in the office.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, June 30, 2014
Awesome product

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, slower charging rates., November 2, 2013
J. Burke "TheTechNerd" (Naugatuck, Connecticut) - See all my reviews
It works well, paired with the any Qi Charger, however it has a few kinks every now and then. It's worth the money.

3.0 out of 5 stars Unsure if tag or base is having issues..., September 30, 2013
I don't know if it's the tag or the charger base that's having a problem, but my Galaxy S3 only charges for 5 minutes if I'm lucky, then it starts and stops repeatedly. I waited 3 weeks to get these products and am frustrated with this, but I won't give a 1 star until I figure out which is the problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works fine with SIII/T-Mobile LTE version, August 5, 2013
I have received the white version. A bit tight on the back cover, but the cover still locks and it is not visible through the phone case. Do not know how the black version fits.

No instructions but easy enough: peel the sticker and fit over the phone contacts (first) and then battery. It will be interesting to see how the glue will cope when moved to a different battery (if the battery needs to be changed).

The charging pad used is Samsung EP-P100IJWUSTA Wireless Charging Pad - Retail Packaging - White.

After 60min of continuous charging, the phone back was not much more warmer than usual.

NFC still works (validated with Samsung's TecTiles).

Charging speed was not measured - less important as planned usage is for overnight charging.

Rate and Discover Movies