5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful display!
I've just replaced my ViewSonic VX924 gaming LCD with the Samsung 226BW. Wow, what an amazing display! It's 1000x1 contrast ratio is stellar. Blacks are extremely black and there is virtually no backlight bleed. (Backlight bleed tends to make black or dark colors look gray and it's common with LCDs.) The colors are amazingly bright and vivid. In fact its default settings...
Published on March 22, 2007 by M. Thomas

3.0 out of 5 stars A lottery for 2 Monitor Setup, determine your Panel Type
I urge people to read this review and post what versions of the 226BW they are receiving from Amazon... as well as anyone who has posted recently, please edit your review and post your panel version.

I actually ordered 2 of these recently (Oct 15th) from Amazon, received them, but didn't figure out how to determine the Panel Type until after I sent one of them...
Published on October 28, 2007 by Eric Blair

‹ Previous | 15 6 720 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Value- shop around, price varies, September 9, 2007
James Petersen (Mililani, Hawaii United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsung SyncMaster 226BW 22-inch LCD Monitor (Electronics)
I bought two of these along with the Ergotron LX mounts to replace aging Apple monitors. By checking ads both on-line and in the local big box outlets, I was able to purchase both for less money than one Apple 20" Cinema Display. (While I would have liked 2x23" cinema displays, these do the jobs that I require pretty well.)

As has been mentioned elsewhere, you need to play with the monitor settings but the results are quite acceptable for video editing, web design and general computer work. It's also necessary to put in some time with the tension adjustments on the mounts.

No dead pixels, excellent contrast, refresh rate. The white point and the blacks are pretty good. Bottom line: I feel that I got a very good value relative to the money I spent.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful but flawed, July 2, 2007
This review is from: Samsung SyncMaster 226BW 22-inch LCD Monitor (Electronics)
The monitor looks great, and I'm very happy with it.
The only downsides are that bright colors are REALLY bright, and change slightly with viewing angle, which causes problems if you're editing photographs. Also, there is a slightly dark patch at the top right of the screen, but only slight - I didn't notice it until I switched to a light wallpaper.
Overall, very good for the price. If you have a choice, of course get a B or C (I got an A)

2.0 out of 5 stars Fool me once, shame on you, Samsung. There won't be a second time., January 5, 2013
This review is from: Samsung SyncMaster 226BW 22-inch LCD Monitor (Electronics)
I own the Samsung 226BW monitor and just after the 3 years point and the end of the warranty it began flickering when I turned it on in the morning. At first just a few flickers but now it goes on for at least 15 minutes before I can use it again. I understand this is a capacitor issue but I don't have the skill to fix it so I will be shopping for another monitor. The only reason I'm giving 2 stars instead of 1 is that I have liked the monitor otherwise (contrast, color, sharpness, etc.) but this is just not acceptable performance over the long term. This is not the type of product that you expect to be a disposible item after just 3 years. Samsung seems to disagree given that this appears to be a known issue.

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent while it works..., November 25, 2011
Kurt Halva (Edina, MN United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsung SyncMaster 226BW 22-inch LCD Monitor (Electronics)
After over 3 years of good use, and now past warranty, this monitor now has an annoying flicker that lasts about 5 minutes after startup. While it is flickering, it is unusable. This condition does go away, but every day when I start my computer, the flicker lasts a little longer. I will be looking to replace this monitor in the near term. The bottom line is that even knowing that this would happen, I probably would still have purchased this monitor... I just wish it would have lasted longer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent monitor, July 17, 2008
This review is from: Samsung SyncMaster 226BW 22-inch LCD Monitor (Electronics)
I use this monitor for Photoshop and other graphic apps. The color seems very accurate, which is important. Samsung makes great products ansd you can't go wrong with this monitor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect out of the box, June 1, 2008
This review is from: Samsung SyncMaster 226BW 22-inch LCD Monitor (Electronics)
I bought this monitor about 2 months ago from Amazon. From the moment I connected it to my computer, I have been impressed at the clarity and contrast of the monitor.

I do video editing on the monitor using HD video. The picture quality is amazing.

I have the monitor connected using the DVI cable to a Nvidia Quadro FX 560 graphics card. I have had no issues with color, response or anything.

I would highly recommend this monitor to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars On Price / Performance It Can't Be Beat, June 1, 2008
This review is from: Samsung SyncMaster 226BW 22-inch LCD Monitor (Electronics)
I started buying Samsung products back when they released their first MGA-compatible monochrome monitor for the PC/XT. Oops! Dating myself here. It was a budget brand then, but the quality impressed me. Samsung has been my go-to brand for monitors ever since. Better performing than most "name brands" at a lower cost.

The 226BW is no exception. I was a little hesitant to replace my CRT for gaming, but this monitor is fast enough that I don't really miss it. Not to mention it takes up less space on my desk, and no radiation burns! The only regret you'll have when buying this is that it's not a 24-inch. This 22-inch monitor is still not quite wide enough to place two full-size documents side-by-side without overlap. If that's important to you I recommend you save up for the wider one. Just one minor complaint really... as others have pointed out, the shiny bezel scratches easily.

In case you were wondering, my Samsung MGA monitor still works 25 years later. Can't seem to come up with a use for it though!

5.0 out of 5 stars Grab These Before They're Gone!!!!!, May 30, 2008
Audio Dave (Western Mass.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsung SyncMaster 226BW 22-inch LCD Monitor (Electronics)
I own two Samsung's 226BW's used on a video editing system. The performance is very good. I needed another 22-inch monitor, and I thought Samsung's newer 2253BW would be just as good. WRONG!!!! I thought that text on the 226BW's wasn't quite sharp enough, so I substituted a 2253BW for comparison. The difference was amazing. The 226's appear to be significantly sharper! Don't get me wrong... the 2253's are OK, but, given a choice, scarf up some of the last 226BW's!!! You will not be sorry. Note that the 2253's no longer have the VESA mounting capability, and the tilt is so stiff that I remove the base to make tilt adjustments (for fear of cracking the case or screen).

4.0 out of 5 stars good price, but the blacks aren't black, May 2, 2008
This review is from: Samsung SyncMaster 226BW 22-inch LCD Monitor (Electronics)
A monitor at this size is a great price. However alot of the light leaks past when the screen is supposed to be "black," a minor thing, but gets to be annoying when your watching movies or podcasts. Also the color support will not suffice for photoshop type work. The colors are off balance compared to every other monitor I have seen.

If cost is your primary motivator buy this monitor, otherwise spend a bit more and get one that displays blacks better.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great monitor for a reasonable price., March 14, 2008
This review is from: Samsung SyncMaster 226BW 22-inch LCD Monitor (Electronics)
After reading the reviews here I decided to buy this monitor. I am very satisfied with quality of the image, the oveall appearance of the monitor, and would definitely buy it again.

‹ Previous | 15 6 720 | Next ›