Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

on November 11, 2012
I have had this phone for a very long time, probably 3 years already it it has served me well. The reason I am writing a review is to clarify somethings that other people have said. First, you cannot compare this phone with a more advanced phone; it's only a flip phone, nothing else. This phone is really for people who only use it to call or text and the other things like the alarm which I used so the camera doesn't need to be superb and the screen resolution doesn't need to be clear either.

People have stated that this phone is flimsy but I can tell you, my phone has survived a great deal like drops but it's still intact. Some have said that the volume isn't very good but for me, it's loud enough, sometimes even too loud, then again, I'm not one of those people who blasts their music on their earphones.

Sometimes it does display low or no bars, but I have never dropped a call. I do wish that this phone was able to set the alarm to vibrate rather than just music so you won't disturb others when it goes off.

Overall, it's a good phone to keep around if you aren't into smartphones or texting because it provides the basics pretty well. The front screen displays the time which I use all the time. The battery lasts a long time, a week for me, if you don't use it too much for calling. It's a good little phone, great for a child who's given their first or second phone. Usually I don't write reviews but some comments I read were contrasting to my experience so I wanted to bring it up front.
22 comments| 74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 5, 2010
I got this phone for 4 bucks from Tmobile when they ran the special that comes with a free $[...] gift card. $[...] total). Obviously I have no complaints about the price. It's an ok phone. Nice size buttons and they are raised so you don't have to use your finger nail to punch in a number. Fairly decent display but only 3 or 4 wallpapers which are not so hot. Sound could be better but I'm still testing. Sound is the most important thing to me. But, since it has a camera, I began taking lots of pictures. Then I bought a data cable to transfer them all over to the PC. Turns out, this phone does not support data cable transfer even though Tmobile and Samsung and a bazillion merchants on the internet sell a data cable for this phone. Pretty crappy arrangement for a camera phone (not to mention costly). Without data transfer, it costs you 25 cents per picture to email it to yourself in order to get it on your computer. Just so you know the score and don't spend days (as I did) trying to get this matter straightened out with the seller, Tmobile and Samsung. The data cable that they sell for this model only functions as a charger, not data transfer.
22 comments| 93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 12, 2013
Before I bought the phone, I read a lot of the reviews. I got mixed feelings because sometimes you just never know, and reviews are the only way to really get a feel for something you buy online. Well, I was kind of reluctant to buy this phone because I have a T-Mobile Plan and this said "Pre-paid" so I was little concerned that it wouldn't work with a T-Mobile contract plan. Not one of the reviews really clarified it for me if I could use a Sims Card with an already-contract. I was buying it for my grandmother who needed an easy to use flip phone... something she could flip open to answer and flip close to end a call. This phone seemed perfect so I decided to buy the phone anyway and give it a try and to my surprise, it does work with a Sims card for a contract and not just a pre-paid one. However, T-Mobile has changed their Sims cards to be smaller now, so if you do buy the phone, you will need to go in and get the "old style" Sims card for this phone to work.
The phone was received before the delivery date and in perfect condition! (No real wear and tear or scratches.) The charger and battery were in the packing with the phone, so there is no need to order a separate battery or charger. The phone works just fine and holds a charge and is very nice for the price I paid.

I would gladly buy this phone again and I bought the phone from the seller: recellulartoo. I would greatly recommend this seller!
on May 6, 2011
Pros:
-Cheap-got at BB on sale for 20
-Good size keys for texting
-Small, lightweight
-Can sync contacts from T-mobile site

Cons:
-Old school graphics, fuzzy, and colors not bright
-Can't connect to your PC (when will Samsung get it and start using USB connection?)
-Camera is only 640x480.

The biggest drawback of this phone is that you have to "send" any pictures you take because there is no ability to connect to your computer. The phone advertises bluetooth but it is useless, except for using a headset but I don't use one...other reviewers have mentioned problems in general with the bluetooth. Texting options are limited and inconvenient for symbols, caps, etc. but I don't text much myself so that isn't a problem for me. Reviewers have complained about the phonebook not being easily accessible but all you have to do is push on the "down" part of the circular function area and it comes right up. The "up" button brings up your call records so you can quickly call any entry there. Only two steps to send a text message...press the center OK button and then "send message", couldn't be easier so I don't know why people are complaining that you have to go through multiple steps to get to these basic functions (some Cnet reviews). Even though the buttons aren't customizable, what else would you want to use these for other than phonebook and sending a text msg? Anyway, all in all for the price I paid, I'm happy with it.
on May 30, 2013
The pros: Inexpensive, good for making and receiving regular cell phone calls, takes adequate low-resolution photos.
The cons: Texting is a hassle since the default is "predictive text" (T9) which suggests words that aren't even close to what you're trying to type. Furthermore, you can switch to regular entry (ABC), but that is on a per-text basis; you are not able to change the default setting permanently. Also, after nearly two years, the phone keeps shutting itself off even though the phone is fully charged. I've missed quite a few calls due to this problem. However, since the phone is no longer under warranty, I'm unable to get the phone fixed for free.
Advice: If you want a phone that lasts, don't choose this one. If you want a phone for heavy texting, don't choose this one.
on July 3, 2014
According to our local T Mobile store, this is the best T Mobile phone for seniors. The keys are fairly large, the screen is bright, and the sound is better than a lot of low end phones.

It is no longer available from T Mobile.It is offered on Amazon, but as of July 2014 was available on amazon and with free shipping for Prime members.
VINE VOICEon February 10, 2012
I have had one of these phones for 2 years. Takes photos, easy to text, programmable ring tones, good sound quality, sturdy. I have no complaints as I didn't expect a smart phone for the price.
on March 25, 2013
i used to have a slightly expensive cell phone. then a cpl years ago i dropped mine in a jacuzzi and had to replace it. a guy told me to buy this real cheal phone for $29.99 and just put my sim card in it. i did, and i have been using this same style phone for a few years now. it works great. and at a very nice price. cant go wrong. let everyone have their 4600 phone, i am happy with my $29.99 samsung. LOL !!!
on December 26, 2012
While I already have a main cell phone, a Galaxy Note 2, I do not like to carry it with me all the times when I hop in the car for short trips (bulk) or take it with me on my multi-mile running exercises (potential rain/damage). However, it's always nice to have peace of mind in carrying a phone when driving around, due to potential crimes, accidents, tow service, or simply to make a call to a friend or family in a sponteanous event of need. This is where Tmobile's prepaid shines because I can do all the above with their Gold Rewards plan. Simply purchase a $100 card and your prepaid account turns to GOLD status which means your minutes don't expire for a year AND if you top off the account with as low as $10, all your minutes roll over and last another YEAR. So if you read this right, that means you can theoretically get annual prepaid service for $10 idefinitely. Of course, this only works if you don't use a lot of minutes - which works fine for someone who sparsely uses their phone to begin with.

As for the T139 itself, it's a typical small flip phone. Text entry was easier than I remembered with these numeric keypads so not too bad for short messages. Camera is VGA but quality is surprisingly pretty decent and useable for situations where you need it. Battery life is, of course, phenomenal when compared to any smart phone. Also, with bluetooth, if you keep this in your car and hook it up to a cig charger, you can have a real "car phone" where the bluetooth will just sync all the time to your radio and never worry of a dead battery.

Overall, if you're looking into purchasing a secondary phone with prepaid, this is a great model to get.
44 comments| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 12, 2013
AWESOME!!! I am a contractor and either break or get my phones wet all the time the 2 pack set fits all my needs and the price was spot on. The reason I don't upgrade is because I am older and am not into all these new gadgets. I have enough tools to play and work with so I don't need phone stimulis. :)