- Size (LWH): 4 inches, 1.8 inches, 0.9 inches
- Weight: 2.88 ounces
- Network Compatibility: GSM
Samsung T301G Prepaid Phone (Tracfone)
- Prepaid slider phone with text messaging, voicemail, caller ID, call waiting and multi-language support
- Pay for only the calling time you use with minutes purchased from Tracfone--no annual contract required
- VGA camera for still photos; Bluetooth for handsfree devices; phonebook with up to 100 entries; organizer tools
- Up to 4 hours of talk time, up to 336 hours (14 days) of standby time
- What's in the Box: handset, battery, charger, user manual
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Tracfone provides nationwide prepaid wireless service using the nation's leading cellular providers to create a national footprint covering 99 percent of the U.S. population. This gives you connectivity everywhere cellular service is available. You can use your Tracfone across the U.S. and if you move, you can relocate your wireless number with just a phone call.
You can buy bundles of minutes (which must be used within a set time limit of between 90 to 365 days) from the Tracfone web site on your home PC or directly from your phone's web browser. For example, if you purchase a block of 120 minutes of airtime, you'll need to use that within 90 days of your first use. When you buy additional airtime minutes, your Tracfone service is extended automatically by another 90 days. Tracfone also offers international long distance calling to over 60 international destinations (including Argentina, Brazil, China, Mexico, most European countries, and many more), which deducts the same amount of minutes from your phone as when you make calls to destinations within the U.S.
Whether you want to send a text, go hands-free, or stay on schedule, the Samsung T301G has the tools you need to get the job done quickly and easily.
This phone ships with a number of handy Tracfone services, including free voice mail, free caller ID, and free call waiting. And perhaps most importantly, the integrated TracFone Airtime Balance Display shows you how much airtime you've used and how much is left, so you can control your costs. You must activate your cell phone before use either by calling the Tracfone toll-free number or going to the Tracfone web site.
The Samsung T301G has a brightly colorful LCD screen (128 x 160 pixels, 65K colors) that sits above a standard navigation area with send/end buttons and soft navigation keys. The face slides smoothly up to reveal an alpha-numeric keypad. The phone's small internal 2.4 MB memory can store up to 100 contact entries in the handset's phone book, and it also displays the last 30 incoming/outgoing/missed calls.
Handsfree communication is easy thanks to the integrated speakerphone. This phone also provides Bluetooth wireless connectivity (version 2.0), and includes profiles for communication headset and handsfree car kits.
Check out the Tracfone coverage map.
If you need messaging capabilities, the T301G has you covered as support is built-in for sending and receiving both SMS text messages and MMS picture messages--great for sending on-the-go photos captured by the phone's VGA camera (640 x 480-pixel resolution). The T9 predictive text technology is built into the unit, which autocompletes text for you as you type on the alpha-numeric keypad and offers options for selecting the correct word.
Other features include:
- Includes up to 20 minutes of starter airtime upon activation (after activating your TracFone on the TracFone web site)
- TracFone Airtime Balance Display shows you how much airtime you've used and how much is left, so you control your costs
- Downloadable ringtones, graphics, news, weather, sports and more using Airtime Minutes
- Organizer tools: Alarm clock, calendar, calculator, world time, stopwatch, converter
- 20 pre-loaded ringtones
- Multilingual text display (English and Spanish)
- Vibrating alert
The Samsung T301G weighs 2.92 ounces and measures 3.92 x 1.95 x 0.56 inches. Its 800 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 4 hours of talk time, and up to 336 hours (14 days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS frequencies.
Top Customer Reviews
Open the slider and type *#4777*8665# and a menu should pop up. Go to menu number 5, Attach Mode. Select Manual attach. OK. It will inform you that you need to restart the phone for this to take effect - do this later. Then go to menu number 2, GPRS detach. The phone will notify you that it has done the GPRS detach, which means that it is no longer connected to the GPRS network. Now restart the phone, and there should be a blue and white G at the top of the screen instead of a red and white one. Success! Of course, you may reverse this at any time by going back to the secret menu and selecting Auto attach and GPRS attach.
This will NOT adversely affect your ability to add minutes to the phone via [...] or by using a minutes card purchased in a store. If blocking the browser makes you unable to add minutes directly from the phone, just GPRS attach again and you'll be fine. If you cannot remember the code, consider putting it into a note (in the tools menu) for safe keeping.
Enjoy your longer battery life!
Samsung produced some features you don't see in the average "prepay plan phones." The one I appreciate most is an added touch that speaks to the quality of Samsung products and it is the ability to adjust total sound levels up or down depending on your environment (normal, silent, driving and outdoors).
They'll continue to improve as time goes on but for the present, the T301G is the best that TracFone offers and is an excellent phone.
- One of my biggest cons is the fact that the browser key is fixed and cannot be changed or disabled. The prompt that gets you into this limited browser can be easily activated and cost you fractions of minutes.
- I carry my T301G sideways in a belt holder. I have occasionally missed a call when extracting the phone and quickly pressing the "off" button by mistake. This won't shut the phone off, but it will cancel the incoming call.
- The little, raised line under the display is used to slide the phone open. This line is too small and and just about useless to use. A rubber, or ribbed area on the side of the phone would be much more useful to slide the phone up. I find the process to be a "two thumbs" operation if you don't want to press on the LED display all the time - or activate one of the soft keys which are much too close.
- My previous Tracfone was a "clamshell" V176. This has a rubber feel to the phone, and I never thought I might drop the thing because of a slick, or slippery exterior. I wish the T301G was made from the same material - although I have not yet dropped this phone.
- The four soft keys can be programmed for whatever you want. I have found that assigning your "contact list," messages, list of incoming calls and phone info (minutes and time left) works best for me. The keys themselves, however, are still too small.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The phone now is antiquated but still works. Husband says that's all he needs, No texting just say hello when answering.Published 7 months ago by Dotty Bee
Came used, didn't realise that when buying it and didn't have a charger. Having a really difficult time setting the time but I think once I buy minutes that will be fixed. Read morePublished 8 months ago by Casey ana Barry
I was able to buy these for like $5 a piece back in the day. Good phone for the price!Published 9 months ago by Zachary Miller
Good deal and so are Tracfone's rates. And coverage -- who knew?!Published 11 months ago by Frena Gray-Davidson
The phone was exactly what I wanted, EXCEPT it did not come with a "Sim" card. I tried a card I had and it was refused. Read morePublished 14 months ago by jon Newell