2.0 out of 5 stars Could be better!, December 14, 2007
This review is from: Samsung TXT2082 20" TV ULTRA SLIMFIT HDTVATSC (Electronics)
For a Samsung TV, I'm a bit disappointed with this set. My parents had a Samsung TV that they bought ages ago and it had a great picture quality. Since I needed a new TV and my parent's old Samsung TV is lasting forever and had good quality, I decided to buy a Samsung. I bought this TXT2082 model and apparently, Samsung isn't making TV sets like they used to.

Below are the issues I have with this TV set:

First, the picture isn't all that "gorgeous" as the previous reviewer has pointed out. The picture is blurry and too soft looking.

Second, the colors are too rich and they bleed and bloom easily. I lower the color level down to try to eliminate this problem, but it just weakens the color dramatically and the blooming/bleeding effect doesn't seem to go away.

Third, there is no S-Video port. At this point in time, there should be an S-Video port on all TVs.

Fourth, the TV flickers often, especially when a picture cuts from a bright to dark scene. This causes a major distraction when watching. This is most noticeable when watching in Component mode.

Fifth, the factory calibration on this TV set is atrocious. Avoid the "Dynamic" setting! The contrast is set to its maximum and the sharpness & color levels are set way too high. This can cause severe eye strain. So, expect to spend hours and hours trying to calibrate the set to its proper, accurate setting.

Sixth, the front and rear composite ports can't be used at the same time. You have to choose only one of the ports. So, if you want to connect 2 different devices using the composite ports, you're out of luck.

Seventh, the component mode isn't all that great. Component mode is supposed to give you the best picture quality compared to the composite mode. Well in this TV, it doesn't. All it does is overexaggerate the color. Flesh tones are very orange looking.

I thought Samsung was the way to go when buying a new TV set, but I was wrong. I would have returned this set due to these issues, but there isn't any manufacturing defects and it's a bit heavy to bring back to the store. Doesn't matter anyway. In a few years, I'll buy an HDTV when the price goes down and it's definitely not going to be a Samsung!

3.0 out of 5 stars Samsung TX-T2082, June 25, 2008
This tv is ok. It takes quite a while for it to come on, and the very bottom is cut off so if there is scrolling text on the bottom you can't see half of it. TV dies completely after less than a year.