Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on November 25, 2011
The other reviewers are saying that the sound is terrible on this unit. They are correct, but their suggested solutions of using external speakers are not possible. Despite the technical spec on Amazon showing "1 digital output" in fact there are no audio outputs at all, not even a headphone jack! I just confirmed this with Samsung. The support guy apologized for the total lack of audio outputs. I'll be sending this one back, extremely rare for me!
1010 comments|130 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 6, 2011
I'm a Samsung fan but very disappointed with this device. The picture is great. 720p on a small screen looks like true HD. But, we can't get past the terrible audio. As a thin flat panel TV, the speakers are very small and fire down from the bottom of the TV. There are no lower frequencies to speak of because of the nanometer sized speakers, regardless of the sound mode selected or the equalizer settings. So the sound is very brassy. Using the stand and sitting the TV on a hard surface, makes the high frequencies so brassy, the set is practically unlistenable. We have the set sitting on a towel - which helps a little. But we're very disappointed. We're looking at using a small sound bar but we're saddened at the idea that we have to go to this additional expense to compensate for this deficiency. If you're planning to simply use this TV for video and using another method for audio, the set is a great buy and I'd recommend it. If you're planning to use the TV's speakers for audio, I suggest you look elsewhere.
44 comments|69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 21, 2011
yes the sound is bad. Kinda sounds like our phone answering machine. I think I'm gonna buy pc speakers for the set. I love the picture. We have a 37" sony and the sound is bad on it also. I think just about all these companies are installing shoddy speaker components.
on August 19, 2011
Bought this TV without prior viewing it in a store. TV has a very nice picture at all angles, we placed it in our kitchen under the cabinet and it it looks great, the slim design is perfect. Sound is very good. We had to replace a COBY brand 15" TV that was struck by lightning, what a great upgrade. I don't have anything negative to say.
on May 7, 2012
After twelve years of loyal service, our Sony 13-inch Trinitron analog television died of picture tube failure. After proper burial rites, we researched all the new small televisions that would fit into our kitchen. We first brought home a Samsung 19-inch LED TV (UN19D4003) because Consumer Reports said it had the best picture in its class. It was rated at the top along with Toshiba. Its sound was muffled, low volume and incomprehensible. The speakers face backwards, towards the wall. The Samsung was immediately returned to the store. We needed good auditory qualities in a noisy kitchen.

Next we listened to a side-by-side comparison of Insignia's 19-inch LED TV(NS-19E320A13) with Toshiba's 19-inch LED TV (19L4200U). The Toshiba was by far louder and clearer with larger amplifiers. The Toshiba's picture has less glare than the Samsung, easier on the eyes. Toshiba has the Dynalight backlight. We bought the Toshiba.

The only drawback is the need for two remotes. Our DIRECTV remote is needed to change channels, and the volume control is on the Toshiba remote.

Update 9/20/12: Remote control problem solved. A telephone call to technical support got us through the steps of synchronizing the DirecTV remote with the new Toshiba television. We didn't even need a technician to come to our house.
on January 29, 2012
Thought this set would be great in our bedroom but got a terrible surprise when I tried to install it.

The viewing angle on my 26" and 32" Samsung LCD TV's is very wide. A great picture can be seen from above, below, and both sides.

This 19" set had such a bad viewing angle that only looking at it straight on and even with the set yielded an acceptable picture.

Returned it to the store within an hour.

Expected a "bare bones" set in this size and price but not a useless one.

Shame on you for this one, Samsung.
on October 25, 2011
I like this TV works great, great quality picture and perfect size, i used at the kitchen and its perfect, I'll get another for my bedroom, amazing deal
on June 1, 2012
I have a small amount of space in my room that I could use for my tv, the old one I had for about, 12 years, it wasn't a samsung, but it worked great up until recently(it had a built in vhs player....it tried to eat the tapes), and it refused to pick up any channels or even connect to my 360 within the last few months. So I decided to find a new tv.

I wanted something that would fit in the space I had, about 24 inches were available, and it had to have a good picture since I would use it for gaming, as well has being with in my budget. Looked around at all the stores in my area and nothing really fit the bill. So I came here to look around, found a few others that looked like they would work, but this is the one that I liked best.

It came quickly, and I had it set up(almost) completly after opening it. The only thing that I didn't know about was that it had a built in scanner, or whatever it's called that allows you to pick up the channels if you don't have cable or satlilite. I had a converter box before, and so I had it set up with the box, and the TV wouldn't pick up any channels. My dad is the one that figured out that I didn't need the box and now I get more channels that I didn't before with my old tv and the box. So that's a plus.

Pros:
Great picture
Great sound
I got it at a great price!
Easy set up
Easy to get from TV to Gameing channels.
Size is just right for me

Cons:
That they didn't say that it had a built in analog signal detector thing. I spent like 2 hours trying to figure out why it didn't pick up channels.

I definatly would say that others should get this tv, they come in other sizes besides this one. It's great and I'm very happy with it!
on February 12, 2012
I bought this set for my RV, in hopes that I wouldn't have to put a DVD player in as well. The product decription states that plugging a thumb drive into the USB port allows access to videos, music and photos. Well, it does not allow access to videos, and I confirmed this with Samsung. This one is going back.
on January 25, 2013
I bought this TV for my home office. My exercise bike is in my office and at the end of the day I ride it while watching the news. Occasionally I watch some other type programming on it as well. The picture is great and so is the sound. I was surprised that a TV this thin could include speakers that would sound so good. I have it in the corner of a bookcase, so this probably helps direct the sound forward. I wouldn't be happy with this quality of sound for my main TV in the living room, but for a small set in my office it is perfect. And the sound is more than adequate for the music channels as well.

I highly recommend it for bedrooms and other small rooms, especially if you plan to place it in a cabinet or against a wall so that the sound will project.

HOWEVER, as other reviewers have pointed out, this TV does not have audio outputs. This was not important to me, but if you are planning to hook this TV up to an audio system or even just powered speakers, you will be disappointed since there is no way to do it.