5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible quality, May 31, 2011
This review is from: Samsung UN32D6500 32" 1080p 3D Ultra Thin LED TV (Electronics)
Overall, I am very impressed with this TV. I viewed it side by side with multiple other TV's including Sony, and this one clearly came away as the winner. It's strange to see reviews on the web which laud the Sony and only give this TV above average marks... I have to say when I got this turned on I was stunned by how good the quality of colors and the depth of blacks were. And that's saying something since I also own a Kuro (plasma with the deepest blacks of any TV ever).

Pros:
Terrific picture quality
Haven't used the 3D so can't comment
Very deep blacks, bright picture, great colors
Smarthub connects directly to youtube, facebook, Netflix, etc.

Cons:
none yet

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality... It's not all about the size, January 30, 2012
Initially purchased a Sony 32" tv for about $200 less but sent it back. Very glad I did. The construction quality of this Samsung is very much superior. The Sony felt plasticky in a bad way. I love the thin bezel that only the Samsung has.

It's true it's a little pricey for a 32" but even if I could have got a 40" for the same price I prefer 32". I don't like the way larger TVs end up dominating a living room. Even if you hide them in a cabinet then the ugly great cabinet dominates instead. Our living room is also used as a play room and area to entertain guests, or just chill in front of the fire with some books. A hulking great 40" plus tv would loom over you ominously like a big black whole I think.

I put this tv on a little table -- by luck i had a one exactly the size of its base -- and attached some castor wheels so when we watch the tv we wheel it a little closer to us out of its home pined to the wall. The net effect is an image size and experience equivalent to a larger tv seen from further away.

Also worth noting that whilst my 2011 Samsung bluray player also has Samsung apps and can play from USB stick the tv does the same but it is much more responsive; everything loads faster and it could play more file formats from USB than the bluray could.

Finally image quality is fab. Sometimes I turn off the smooth function for films where a bit of judder can be nice. But the animated content it really makes a super improvement.

My only request for improvement would be an automatic sensor to dim the backlight when the room is dark. Maybe it does this already a bit but not enough I find myself manually dimming it quite a bit.

Also but silly that modern TVs take a few seconds to turn on vs TVs of yesteryear that were faster to appear -- although given all the other improvements modern TVs have I'm happy to be in 2012!

Also of note... I thought the integrated wifi might have trouble receiving streaming hidef content from serviio media server running on an old mac. Even though my wifi router (airport extreme) is in same room it did indeed have trouble with 1080p whereas a wired Ethernet connection probably would have been fine. However 720p worked a charm; so I use a USB stick for 1080p.

Favourite Samsung apps are bbc news player and also a world clock app that was available to download for free.

The other review that asks 'how long will this tv last" asks a good question. My hunch though judging by the general build quality and feel is longer than the flimsy feeling Sony that I returned.

4.0 out of 5 stars One of the very good TV, but there is the best, January 15, 2012
This really good TV considering quality, contrast ratio, 120 Hz, 1080 P, Wi-Fi build in

I rated this 4 for 2 reasons

1) it is expensive for size 32 inch

2) In long term, How long will quality of this TV last? lets say next 7-10 years

Really correct review can be made only after 5-7 years of using this TV