5.0 out of 5 stars Quality TV
Published 23 months ago by griffprime

2.0 out of 5 stars Unsatisfactory
Stand did not support the screen in a sable manner, even though I put it together twice and tightened all the screws. Also, I was unable to get reception, even with aerial.
Published 12 months ago by Winifred A. Flisram

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality TV, August 13, 2012
This review is from: Samsung UN32EH4050 32-Inch Class LED 4050 Series TV (Electronics)
I bought this model at Sam's Club (there was a deal for $289 there). It's an excelent tv with good picture and sound. Being a gamer that has switched from a standard LCD tv to this LED tv I've had the minor inconvenience of switching the brightness and contrast settings on all of my games. Oh, but it is worth it! In games I could hardly make out features in dark areas are now clear as crystal. The best news is the picture settings are saved seperately for each input.

This tv does not use front facing speakers. Especialy for someone who watches the news like me it sounded muffled. I customized the settings a bit and now it's perfect. The SRS TruSurround feature makes things sound clearer an in proper proportion. This tv also does not emit much heat at all.

Overall I'd give this high marks for the price I paid for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Picture and Sound, November 1, 2012
I was trying to save a few bucks getting a new 32 inch TV and initially bought a Westinghouse UW32SC1W from Costco. What a big mistake! I ended up returning it and getting this Samsung unit instead for a few more dollars. That turned out to be a good move since this one has great picture and decent sound, something missing from the Westinghouse even after 3 days of endless adjustments. With this Samsung, I got the picture and the sound to my liking with very minimal adjustment from the default setting.

One neat feature of this TV is the very narrow frame and a short stand. It fits in the same spot where I previously had a 26 inch TV. It is a bit thicker than typical LED sets (similar to LCD units), maybe because it is a back-lit version not the newer edge-lit models. Although it is quite a bit lighter, compared to my older LCD 26 inch unit.

The viewing angle is a bit narrower than I wanted, so if you are looking for a set with a wide viewing angle, you may want to check it out in a store before you buy one.

The joystick control on the bottom right side takes some getting used to but it is much better than other TVs which sometimes only comes with just an on-off switch.

Overall, it is an excellent buy and appears to be a quality built set delivering very good picture and sound.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great TV at a great price, November 6, 2012
We have been very satisfied with this Samsung TV--our first HDTV I might add. The picture is crisp and clear, the sound is far better than I was expecting from such a thin device, and it also works great as an external monitor. We have no complaints whatsoever and are very happy with our purchase.

We bought this from Costco for $289, so shop around for the best price before buying it here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best For TV for the price!, February 9, 2013
I shopped and reviewed about a dozen of 32" LED TVs for a couple of
weeks as a hobby before buying the UN32EH4050 to replace my 4 year
old Samsung 23" LCD TV. Big shocking differences in size and
clarity. 32" was much better. Technology moves to make things
better.

I chose the UN32EH4050 after all reviewers gave it the highest
marks.

I have to concur and give this TV 5 stars.
The picture is just fantastic. I was going to shell out an
additional $200 to upgrade to the 5000 series but most of the people
who tried out the 5000 said that it was not that important to their
viewing even with 1080p since most broadcast are still in 720p or
1080i. A few programs are in 1080p but you need a digital antenna to
get them. So I will wait a few years more; to get a 4Kp. Of course,
heavy Blu-Ray users might want to go to the 5000 series.

The sound is marvelous with 10 watts per channel. Double that found
in most 32" TVs.

The only con I found is that it has only two HDMI and it located on
the right side of the TV. I love to have it located in the center
side so the wires are hidden from view. It should have 3 HDMIs.
One for DVD player, Internet access - Roku box and one for other
devices.

The TV bottom is not leveled so I had to build a custom enclosure
for it to lay flat on the counter. That took some design work but it
was easy to build and complete. Could not use the Samsung stand
since it would make the height too high. My 23" Samsung was used
without the stand too but it has a flat bottom to it and the
speakers were on the front sides.

All of my other TVs are ultrathin bezels too and this one is the
thinnest yet. Reduce space needs to make a perfect fit in my kitchen
at (17.5" with custom enclosure) because of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Set If You Can Still Find It, December 13, 2013
I researched 32 inch Tv's for a while and finally decided that I wanted this model, my problem was that it was the end of the model year and I couldn't find anyone that still had this model. Thankfully Amazon still had 3 in stock and they were priced at a very attractive price, even after shipping was added on.

The TV works even better than I hoped--it is very clear and sharp. If there is anything I am unhappy with it is the fact that the volume, even at maximum, is not as loud as most other TV sets. This may be a minor problem to some but to me it is nothing to worry about since I run the sets volume through my stereo; that way the sound is extra high quality and the volume is never an issue.

I would recommend this set to anyone looking for a 32 inch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just about perfect, June 10, 2013
The UN32EH4050 I recently purchased from Amazon is just about perfect. As a perfectionist, picture and sound are extremely important to me, and this Samsung certainly delivers on that front. My only complaint would have to be the remote control - could be a little easier to read for us seniors.

I bought Samsung because I've had great success with other Samsung products (DVD and Laser Printer). I am quite brand-loyal, and usually buy Panasonic TV's, but I now believe the Koreans are ahead in the electronics race. I did order a Sony Blu Ray to replace that Samsung DVD player - just thought that unit to be the state of the art right now.

Thank you Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice television, January 2, 2013
I always have luck with Samsung brands and this television is no exception. Good picture quality and sound. I would always recommend any Samsung television.

5.0 out of 5 stars NICE!, January 2, 2013
I'm very happy with the TV. This was my second purchase to get a flat screen. I ordered my first Samsung from another online retailer, but I think there was something wrong with it. The audio was horrible and the picture was a bit pixelized. It was very disappointing because all the online reviews were glowing and it was the top rated TV. I called Samsung and they couldn't really help me resolve the audio issues which lead me to believe there was something wrong with it. I upgraded to this model because it allows output for a Home Theater System, HTS, just in case the audio was bad on the replacement model too. As it turns out, I hooked it up, and it was great, no need to run the audio through the HTS. I'm very happy with it, and the High Definition channels are unbelievable. The detail is so sharp that it almost hurts your eyes to watch. So, if you get this set and it's not perfect, something's wrong. It shouldn't disappoint.

2.0 out of 5 stars Unsatisfactory, July 21, 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars Great while it lasted. Warranty service terrible., August 2, 2013
We purchased this from another vendor, and it worked so great that we ended up purchasing a similar model from Amazon.

Then, after about 10 months a blue vertical line appeared down the middle of the screen. Since it was still under warranty, we sent it in for service. (Yes, since it's smaller than 37", you actually have to send it.)

Samsung called a couple of days later to tell me there was a "small" scratch on the display, so they were voiding the warranty. I'm pretty positive there was no scratch when I sent it, but since I had to mail it (UPS) instead of actually handing it to someone (because I'm sure there are no capable repair shops in Atlanta), there's no way to prove whether it was already there, if it was a problem in shipping, or if they did it upon receipt. They did offer to do an out-of-warranty replacement for only $80 more than I paid for the tv in the first place. (Gee, thanks.) Since I knew I was going to get nowhere with them, I told them to just send it back.

When I got the tv back, the display was destroyed. It looks like the layers of the display are completely separated/cracked. I called Samsung and they told me to put in a claim w/ UPS. When I told them that I expected that UPS would reject the claim because of the poor return packaging, I was told that Samsung wouldn't do anything for me because the tv was considered out of warranty due to what I was repeatedly told was a SMALL scratch (which I'm pretty certain had nothing to do with that original blue line problem anyway).

So, now I've gone from having a tv with a small blue line through the display to having a useless brick.

Samsung UN32EH4050 32-Inch Class LED 4050 Series TV