- Free 60-Day Tech Support: This item is eligible for FREE Tech Support for 60 days from the date of delivery. Over the phone, our trained technicians can help you set up, configure, connect, and troubleshoot so you can start enjoying your new purchase. Owners of qualifying products can reach Tech Support by selecting your product on the Contact Us page. Learn more
Samsung UN40B6000 40-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LED HDTV (2009 Model)
Want professional installation of this product?
- Handpicked pros
- Compare estimates and reviews
- Buy directly on Amazon
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Includes detachable swivel table stand; measures 38.7 x 27.1 x 10 inches (WxHxD) with stand
- Inputs: 4 HDMI, 1 component, 2 USB, 1 Ethernet, 1 PC, 1 optical digital audio output
- LED technology enables a true-to-life range of picture brightness; uses 40 percent less energy than conventional LCD TVs
- Ultra-slim 40-inch LED HDTV with full HD 1080p resolution for the sharpest picture possible
- InfoLink RSS feeds of news, weather and sports from your broadband connection
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Read about our customers' top-rated TVs on our reviews pages: TV Reviews, 4K TV Reviews, LED TV Reviews, Plasma TV Reviews, and Smart TV Reviews. Shop our popular TV brands: LG, Samsung, Sharp, Sony, and VIZIO.
From the Manufacturer
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Some thoughts and observations:
1. The clear screen is very good - I have 3 windows, and a bright ceiling light; there are no reflection problems. In some of my earlier posted Amazon photos, a window reflection was evident on the screen, but not really noticeable in real-life viewing. I found, however, if I looked for the reflection, I could see it. I reshot the photos in lower light to better illustrate the performance of the UN40b6000. The first photo shows how good the screen image is when viewed directly on; this quality remains solid to 15 - 20 degrees of center. The image does lighten but I disagree that it rapidly deteriorates to poor quality even up to a viewing angle of 45 degrees; it's still a good image.
2. Out of the box the picture is good, but after using the settings recommended by CNET, with some slight personal adjustments, the picture for many Blu Ray pictures are as good as I've seen.
3. Despite the stated mega contrast ratio of 3,000,000:1, the gamma setting needed to be adjusted to at least +2 or +3 (highest) values to keep dark scenes properly contrasted.Read more ›
A lot of HDMI inputs (4)
Easy to set up
Attractive and lightweight design
Cable HD looks great
There's some control of the Panasonic receiver/DVD player through the TV
Photos on USB thumb drive look gorgeous
The Ethernet connection is nice, but it should do more: I want access to my Ethernet HP Media Vault, and the Internet offering (USA Today news stories, weather, and stocks) is meager
One of the PIP options must be to the RF coaxial input
The cons are minor, especially since I wouldn't have cared or noticed if the features weren't included at all.
The picture looks like you are standing next to the film crew as they are filming the show. It's very strange. Even Kungfu Panda looked more 3 dimensional if that is possible.
With all those good things said about the TV, it is not perfect. Probably my biggest issue came up while watching my first dvd with this tv. The LED edge-lighting can cause an issue during scenes that are intended to be very dark/black. However, after some adjusting (again), I got the picture to look the way I wanted it to. (Note: this was a regular dvd played on an upscaling dvd player; NOT a blu-ray.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Well, I'm basically echoing Kelila's post. I bought this Samsung TV in 2009 at Fry's. It's worked perfectly all these years and still going 100% strong. Read morePublished 10 days ago by R. FISCHER
I bought this tv from Best Buy back in 2009 and I still love it! We are finally upgrading to a larger tv, so this one will go into the bedroom. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Kelila
Buyer Beware. I purchased this unit in 12/2009 for a guest bedroom. After about 200 hours of viewing, the panel on the TV went bad. The repair estimated was $1,300.00. Read morePublished on July 19, 2012 by .R. Campbell
Purchased the UN40B6000VF in January of 2010. My only regret is paying for Best Buy's extended warranty, as this TV has never malfunctioned in any way in the two years that I've... Read morePublished on February 1, 2012 by cordlessmike
I hooked up my new Samsung 4 days ago and I am stunned by the beauty of the picture. I can't imagine a better picture being possible. Read morePublished on May 30, 2011 by D. Zacharie
I have owned the UN55B6000 for about a year. The picture is fabulous. I saw the UN40B6000 at Sears on clearance today. After all the discounts the final cost was only $435. Read morePublished on September 20, 2010 by John R. Nicholson
Ordered the Samsung LED from Modia. The first one came in cracked by the shipper. With a very good service department and excellent assistant manager at Modia was able to replace... Read morePublished on September 20, 2010 by Marcia
all ok, good seller, the item was better than i expected i will buy again soon at this store.Published on September 7, 2010 by Alejandro Rat
It really does provide a great picture and all the inputs you could ever need. Easy to setup my Logitech Harmony 1000 to control it.Published on June 24, 2010 by Amazon Customer