- Free 60-Day Tech Support: This item is eligible for FREE Tech Support for 60 days from the date of delivery. Over the phone, our trained technicians can help you set up, configure, connect, and troubleshoot so you can start enjoying your new purchase. Owners of qualifying products can reach Tech Support by selecting your product on the Contact Us page. Learn more
Samsung UN40C6500 40-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LED HDTV (Black)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Auto Motion Plus 120Hz
- Full HD 1080p resolution
- Ultra Slim Design (1.1" deep)
- Touch of Color(TM)
- Exceeds ENERGY STAR® standards
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
From the Manufacturer
What do you get when you combine SAMSUNG SMART TV with 120Hz Clear Motion Rate technology? The Samsung LED 6500. Get the best of the web, right on your HDTV, with downloadable and customizable widgets – and coming soon, Samsung apps. Connect to friends, share pictures, shop online and more. Samsung’s 120Hz Clear Motion Rate technology delivers smooth, natural action in every scene. Samsung LED backlighting technology and advanced processing deliver a picture with an exceptionally large range of contrast and color, making images appear more lifelike. And the 6500 is as beautiful as it is functional, with a design that complements virtually any room in the house..
Stunning at only 1.1 inch deep – includes tuner (no external transceiver box).
- Screen Size: 40 inches
- Full 1080p HD resolution: Enjoy the powerful picture quality, vivid colors and stunning clarity of Full HD 1080p resolution.
- 120 Hz Clear Motion Rate: Samsung 120 Hz technology allows you to see fast action with a smoothness thats clearly ahead of the competition.
- Ultra Slim Design: Stunning ultra slim depth – includes tuner (no external transceiver box).
- Ultra Clear Panel: Advanced technology lets you enjoy crisp image details, natural skin tones, excellent shadow detail, and vibrant colors.
- Touch of Color: Exclusive Stone Black Touch of Color design combines texture and color that can complement any room.
- ConnectShare Movie: Connect a thumb drive or digital camera quickly and easily. User-friendly interface allows access to videos, a music playlist and pictures via the remote.
- SAMSUNG SMART TV: Connect to an ever-expanding portal of your favorite digital content. Customizable widgets give you access to
BLOCKBUSTER, Facebook, YouTube, Flickr, Amazon Instant Video and more – all on your HDTV.
- Exceeds ENERGY STAR Standards: LED Energy Efficient, up to 50% less than the latest ENERGY STAR specification depending on series and screen size in standard mode.
- Game Mode enhances dark areas, sharpens the picture, speeds up the image processing response and enhances the sounds of your games. Picture and sound quality optimized for the special needs of gaming systems at the touch of a button.
- Wide Color Enhancer Pro delivers the entire spectrum of color and luminance for rich, saturated images with intense detail.
- AllShare: Sync up your entire household. A wired or wireless DLNA connection lets you stream your PC audio and video files to your HDTV using your remote.
- 10 Watts x 2 audio power stereo broadcast reception: Supports multichannel sound (MTS)and second audio program (SAP) with 181-channel capacity.
- DNSe: Delivers high-quality sound with more natural effects than conventional methods by reproducing the "genuine" stereo sound.
- Warranty: 1 year parts and 1 year labor warranty (90 days parts and labor for commercial use), backed by Samsung toll-free support.
- Swivel Stand
- 4 HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) version 1.3:
3 back, 1 side
HDMI makes it easy to connect your home theater with one cable per component.
- Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC): Allows peripheral AV devices such as a DVD player to be controlled by a Samsung TV remote control.
- USB: 2 back
- Component video input: 1 back
- Optical sound output: 1 back
- PC input: 1 back
- Ethernet: 1 back
- TV without stand: 37.6 x 1.1 x 23.2 inches (WxHxD); 27.1 pounds
- TV with stand: 37.8 x 25.6 x 10.1 inches (WxHxD); 35.1 pounds
- What size TV should you get?
- 2010 LinkStick: Connect wirelessly to a world of digital content from Samsung. The LinkStick wireless LAN adaptor eliminates the hassle and cluttered look of wires. Learn more about the Samsung WIS09ABGN LinkStick Wireless LAN Adapter.
- Wall Mount: Picture frame-style mount for simple installation. Mounting hardware included. Learn more about the Samsung WMN1000B Fixed Low-Profile Wall Mount.
|Delivers the entire spectrum of color and luminance for rich, saturated images with intense detail. Whereas blue and green shaded areas of the picture are washed out on conventional screens, wide color enhancer lets you experience more brilliant colors. Simply imagine a wider range of colors than you ever thought possible.|
|By being ENERGY STAR compliant you are assured that your Samsung model is helping the environment by using less energy while saving you money. ENERGY STAR is a joint program of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy promoting energy efficiency.|
|SAMSUNG SMART TV lets you enjoy more with Internet TV, allowing you to receive content via Yahoo!, Flickr, and more on screen. It also includes a content library so you can enjoy pre-loaded content, such as cooking recipes and fitness exercises. Plus, DLNA CERTIFIED connectivity lets you remotely access your PC's personal media so that you can download music, video, and photos and enjoy them anywhere in the home your TV is.1 |
1 Internet access and either Ethernet connection or wireless LAN access required.
|With standard-definition TVs, the rule used to be that viewers would feel comfortable watching a set from a distance of 3 to 6 times the screen size in inches. With HDTV, the resolution is so much better that you can sit closer to a larger TV without noticing the pixels. So with HDTVs, the rule tends to be you can sit anywhere from 1.5 to 3 times the screen size (in inches) for the best experience. |
If you know the size of the room you have already, where you want to sit, and where your new HDTV should go once you get it, you can figure out the size HDTV you should get.
Read about our customers' top-rated TVs on our reviews pages: TV Reviews, 4K TV Reviews, LED TV Reviews, Plasma TV Reviews, and Smart TV Reviews. Shop our popular TV brands: LG, Samsung, Sharp, Sony, and VIZIO.
Top Customer Reviews
The clarity of this TV is astounding. With this TV, I can honestly say that I feel like I'm just peering through a window when watching HD content. There are times, three weeks into our purchase, that my wife and I exclaim "it's so clear!" while watching shows on 1080i. This is a big deal to me because we have a 65" Pioneer Kuro PRO-151FD in the living room, but now I prefer watching on this unit.
Blu-ray at 1080p is just beautiful and jaw-dropping. I played Ratatouille using a PS3, and the hairs on the mice and blades of grass are so detailed. I also noticed that the SD commercials seems clearer, and on some of them, someone with an untrained eye might mistake for HD if the pillars were not present.
I haven't hooked it up with a receiver yet, but the sound of the unit is more than adequate for our bedroom. We only go to "8" on the sound, which is animated as a blue circle on the lower left as opposed to a bar at the bottom of the screen. The "8" setting corresponds to about 1 o'clock, so you can go really loud if you wish.
I connected a PC to the unit and it can go up to 1920x1080 pixels at 60Hz, which is the max for my graphics card on that particular computer. Although it can display all those pixels, you can notice shadowing on the images and text. Not enough to give you a headache, but just enough to be noticed. If you do not plan on hooking a computer to this TV, then this is not a big deal. Actually, it's really minor considering you can watch Netflix and it does DLNA (accessing media files you share on your network).
I have this connected to my router via Ethernet, and even Netflix came out clear. I saw Dead LiKe Me and it still had that peering through a window effect. We watched Food, Inc.Read more ›
Speakers are not the best but a quick hook up to a real sound device solved that problem in about 5 minutes.
I would have given it 5 stars except for the speakers.
The menues are quick and intuitive and the remote is functional without a manual.
The whole TV out of the box without the stand is very light and easy to maneuver.
I mounted it on a wall mount, plugged it in, turned it on and was watching my Netflix in about 20 min, including packing up the trash.
This is a really nice looking TV. 1.1" thick, handsome bezel with integrated controls, with a unique chrome legged stand make this a stand out. The set also comes with a cord so you can hang it on the wall like a picture.
The picture on this set are beautiful. The picture is gorgeous with great color reproduction and deep black levels. The edge-lit LED backlight is great, except for some uniformity issues in the corners that can be noticed with an all-black screen. During normal viewing, this is not noticeable to me. The movement with the default settings is smooth and "video like", the same as you'd expect on any 120Hz or 240Hz, but what is great about this set is that you can customize the dejuddering and smoothing to a level of granularity that I've never seen before. Standard Definition TV viewing is one of the best I've seen.
The sound on this set is on par with other comparable sets, in other words, "meh". If you are an audiophile you probably already have a sound system to jack this TV into. If not, you might consider a sound bar or some inexpensive surround sound speakers. However, I've chosen to stick it out for awhile, and am content with the standard setup.
I'm most concerned with the number of HDMI ports, which this set has plenty of at 4. I wish it had separate component and AV jacks, but alas they are combined, so in my situation, I can't have my Wii and DVD player plugged in at the same time. This won't be a problem once I get a Blu-ray player.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
We've only had this a couple years, since 2010... and now it won't turn on. or it cycles through like it is trying to turn on and just makes this clicking sound over and over... Read morePublished on October 28, 2013 by J. W. in TN
I purchased this Samsung UN40C6500 40-Inch 1080p 120HZ LED TV (Black) on January 02, 2011. I had spent three years shopping for just the right fit. I thought I had found it. Read morePublished on August 30, 2011 by Not Happy Camper
This TV produces great clear pictures with good clarity and sharpness. The only thing I have against it which I had already known was that when credits roll with a black... Read morePublished on May 19, 2011 by iaintnothug
I got this TV a couple days ago. For your bedroom, this TV is a great choice. The TV is lightweight(32lb) and swivels left and right on the stand. Read morePublished on March 10, 2011 by Gamer
+ Unbelievably gorgeous HD picture.
+ Bright, vibrant colors.
+ Very sleek display design makes for great aesthetics.
+ Built-in ethernet cable port. Read more
1) Paid ~$1075 on Amazon late december, 2010. and got the wi-fi USB dongle for free.
2) TV delivery is as expected from Amazon site, no surprise. Read more
Amazing picture quality and surprisingly good audio too. Great value for money. Read more
I lingered,for it seemed like hours, before selecting this 40" Samsung, but I finally pulled the trigger. The TV arrived as advertised from Amazon. Read morePublished on December 19, 2010 by James P. Dorsey
I am very pleased with the picture quality; however, I was so displeased with the sound quality that I purchased a Sony sound bar. Now it's a great set.Published on December 15, 2010 by oldtimer