5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT
Gave this TV 5 stars because it is phenomenal!

Published 7 months ago by Aaron McNamara

1,389 of 1,577 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap chinese panel!
Published 7 months ago by Dawn B. Roy

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT, April 23, 2014
This review is from: Samsung UN40H6350 40-Inch 1080p 120Hz Smart LED TV (Electronics)
Gave this TV 5 stars because it is phenomenal!

I received my product in 2 days with Amazon Prime so shipping was right on time like promised. The factory settings on the TV are decent but you can make the picture look EXCELLENT if you tweak the settings to your liking. The picture is crisp and clear, making anything you watch way more enjoyable. The sound is also exceptional! It has the potential to be very loud if you put it on the "Amplify" setting which is located in your menu settings, and the speakers are in the back for those of you who are wondering.

As for the reviews about the apps not working, I did not have this problem. It seems that a lot of those reviews occurred awhile ago so they might have fixed that problem they were having. I turned the TV on and there was an update & everything works perfectly fine!

As for gaming, this TV is the best you can get at this price and anything below it. The input lag is 88ms but when you put it on PC mode it reduces the input lag to 44ms. If you don't know what input lag is, that is the half second delay when you're playing a first person shooter when you move your character. Input lag throws your game off and literally makes you worse than you really are ha-ha. For those wanting to know how to put it on PC mode, all you have to do is switch the input to the HDMI port you plugged your console in and when you select it you have to click tools on your remote. When you click tools on your remote, click edit name and then you should see where it says "PC." Click on that and BOOM, no more input lag and your video games run flawlessly. You really only need to do this if you're playing first person shooters though because you can't tell the difference on any other game really unless you're a gamer who has never seen sunlight.

I did a lot of research on this TV, so I tried including everything I was concerned about to assist others in making their purchase. To be honest, this is a great TV in my opinion. It is an affordable price, and the picture is beautiful!

P.S. For those of you who are looking to mount this TV as well, the VESA on the back is 200 x 200. It was very difficult for me to find that online so I hope I helped you out :)

5.0 out of 5 stars No Buyers Remorse!!!, March 31, 2014
I love it! The delivery company delivered and set my 55H6350 this morning. What an amazing picture. I couldnt be more happy with the picture quality. I have read reviews about people who diss this tv because of the Slow Apps or Poor Sounds. In my experience so far, the apps and web browser ARE slow but I have this TV connected to an Asus Chromebox and use that for web browsing and all apps. So the smart features wont be used by me. The built-in speakers sound okay to me. Nothing spectacular but nothing horrible, just average. However, I am using the Optical Out from the TV to my A/V Receiver and all is well.

I found the following calibration online and seem to really enhance the picture to provide true colors.

Picture Mode Movie
Picture Options
Color Tone Warm2
Digital Noise Filter Off
MPEG Noise Filter Off
HDMI Black Level Normal (Low if available)
Film Mode Off
Auto Motion Plus Off

10pt White Balance ON

Picture Size Screen Fit

So after 4 hours, I would recommend this tv to Anyone. I'll report back if I have problems in the future but so far ZERO buyers remorse.

UPDATE: 30 days in and I could not be more happy with my purchase. I did a ton of comparison (probably too much) shopping before buying this tv. Boy did I make the right decision. This TV is SWEET! again, i dont use the smart features so no comment on them.

5.0 out of 5 stars IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT IS SACRED, TURN OFF "AUTO MOTION PLUS"!, August 29, 2014
Pretzelcuatl (Los Angeles, USA) - See all my reviews
When this TV arrived (and it's so freakin' big I had to go buy a new table for it), I was at first mystified by how strange the picture quality is. The resolution and contrast are even better than I expected, but the first Blu-Ray disk I put in was "Fellowship of the Ring", and for some reason, it looked more like the hideous high frame rate video of "The Hobbit", not the 24 frame per second film look of the LOTR movies. And indeed, at the top of the screen, the frame rate was shown as 60p, which is to me a bit unusual, given the 24fps source material. Unlike the Sony Bravia I'm replacing, there's no way to control the frame rate directly, and among the reviews here on Amazon, I couldn't find any way to get rid of this artificial motion blur-less look that I find so very wrong.

Finally on the Samsung site I found there's a setting called Auto Motion Plus on one of the sub-menus. The TV actually tries to create "in-between frames", to achieve an actual (though crappy) 60 frames per second picture. The default setting is Auto. Since I don't see it mentioned here, it horrifies me to think that probably everyone who owns this TV is operating it with Auto Motion Plus, because it really is the Death of Cinema. But I beg you, unless you only watch sports, heed my words and run, don't walk, to this menu setting.

1,389 of 1,577 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap chinese panel!, May 21, 2014
Dawn B. Roy (Midlothian, Virginia USA) - See all my reviews
Beware of all Samsung LED LCD sets. They outsource most of the panels to three companies: AU optronics, Chi Mei optoelectronics and sharp. They are all inferior to Samsung Panels with Sharp being the next best, AU third and Chi Mei last. Samsung only ships sets to raters and shows with the Samsung panels inside. What does that tell you. I saw this set at BB and it looked fantastic. Bought it on Amazon and it was delivered two days later. Amazon rocks by the way!. Set it up and calibrated it. Blacks looked poor and the contrast was poor. Off axis viewing was poor. Picture grainy and I have the sharpness down to 0. Called Samsung and of course they said this was not a service issue but would forward my complaint to the important people. Amazon cannot search their warehouse for the version to replace this set with a real Samsung TV. On the sticker on the box and behind the set, there is a version number. If it starts with a T then you win the Samsung Panel Lottery. If it does not you lose! Here is a link to the info:[...]. Buy local so you can check this number.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO not buy from Paul's TV. Wont honor the warranty and will hide in contracts but will take your money., November 20, 2014
Seller Paul's TV shipped me a defective unit. I tried everything to have the situation fixed,credit, refund, ship it back at my cost for repairs, replacement... They refused and denied all the option. Jonathan from support simply states that it's not their problem and to contact the manufacturer. When I contact Samsung, they state that Paul's TV is not an authorised reseller therefore they wont honor the warranty. Back to Paul's TV which afer caching my 1500$ they simply and easily say that theres nothing they can do and it's not their problem.

Bottom line, it may be a good TV, but do not buy it from Paul's TV.

3.0 out of 5 stars DOA: can't use it for more than 3 minutes, May 29, 2014
From the first moment I turned on the TV (after setup) the unit continually power-cycled every 2-5 minutes. I contacted Samsung support who walked me through resetting the TV, attempting to check for software updates. After many failed attempts I could finally see there are no updates available (v 1005).

Returned the unit and seriously considering a different brand as a replacement.

================
UPDATE 08 June

While waiting for Amazon to pickup this defective TV, I finally got it to accept a software update which seemed to have resolved the power-cycling issue. Once the TV was returned I decided to try Samsung again and ordered the same model (but 60") and have been pleased so far. Updating review from 1 star to 3 star for 55".

================
UPDATE 06 July

The 60" version came with different software pre-loaded than the 55" I ordered. The TV worked great out of the box, regardless Samsung has issued at least two updates since then. The TV itself looks great and the Smart TV features are nice, although a bit on the sluggish side. I'm happy that seem Samsung committed to software improvements.

PROS:
-nice screen
-SmartTV features
-very configurable

CONS:
-Software a bit on the slow side

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing picture quality - make sure you buy a size with Samsung''s own panel inside!, October 22, 2014
First off, I am so glad to have done my research before plunking down the cash for this. If you didn't know, Samsung uses panels made by several other companies in different sizes of screens and if you are expecting premium picture quality you will want a size which comes with a Samsung panel. This was one reason I chose the 75" (I believe the 55" and 48" also come with Samsung panels).

Secondly, to really appreciate the quality of these screens you will want to calibrate the picture settings correctly. I found professionally-calibrated settings for the H6350 model on another website and used those as a starting point, then tweaked them to perfection with Disney's World of Wonder blu ray disc and I have to say the picture quality on this thing is absolutely gorgeous. As per directions on most 'home theater enthusiast' forums, I disabled all the extra video processing features like 'motion blur', etc to make sure the picture I see is as near a perfect recreation to the source material as possible and am absolutely stunned each and every time I power this beast on.

I have this wall-mounted on a great mount also purchased here on Amazon, and TV-wise everything was perfect.

All in all, I highly recommend this set (at least the 75" version), although if you like how home 3D looks you will want to consider the 7150 series. For me, home 3D looks gimmicky and pulls me out of the movie so I opted for this model as it is the highest non-3D screen Samsung makes and have been overjoyed with my choice for nearly a week now.

On the critical side (and you will find these same issues in reviews elsewhere so I knew what to expect):
As expected, if the screen is fully deep black, I notice a fair amount of clouding (the screen black color is not uniform, you can see several 'cloud' areas which are lighter than the darkest black), and when certain partially bright/partially dark scenes are being displayed I found 1 tiny flashlighting issue near the bottom left corner. You have to be looking for it to see it in the first place, so I am not really disappointed by this - it's not noticeable to the point of being distracting at all while watching a movie.

It has no dead or stuck pixels which is something you will want to check immediately with any new LCD TV.

Also, the Amazon delivery was great - I received email updates several days in advance from Amazon and the freight carrier, and the delivery was within the scheduled timeframe i had chosen. The delivery man was polite and had me help him carry the TV into my theater room where he helped unbox it and we plugged it in to make sure everything was working correctly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing TV for the Price, August 22, 2014
Mystr (Minneapolis, MN) - See all my reviews
PROS: Loving this TV. I have had it now for about a month and the picture is great. The setup tutorial is nice and walks you through steps to get it connected online via wired or wifi network. Love all the settings to change and experiement with to get the right look and feel for each show I watch. Enjoy the SmartTV features and apps. Very nice asthetics. Looks great in my living room. So many options to play with will keep you busy with your new toy for weeks still discovering new things. I like being able to control my cable box with the TV remote without having to program it. The feature works well and is enjoyable. The shortcut apps menu that appears at the bottom is nice. Wish I could pin and unpin the apps I want but maybe next firmware version they will allow you to customize it a bit more.

CONS: Not many issues I have about this TV. I wish I got a larger size maybe a 50" (But who doesn't always want bigger after the fact) As many apps there are I still fill its lacking compared to my Roku 3. The TV Guide could use some tweaking always starts on channel 1 everytime you start it up the first time. After that then it stays where you left it but it should start at the current channel your on. There are few games in the apps store that require a controller but nothing in the onscreen directions tell me what controllers are compatible. Had to look that up online. There was a day where the backlight was very noticably diming in and out very frequently but after tampering with the settings a bit I got it to stop but that was a bit worrisome. Lastly everytime there seems to be some firmware or software update for an app it will pop up on the top of the screen asking if you would like to update now. If you miss that prompt it doesn't seem as if there is a place to go back to initiate it to do the update. Seems as if you just have to wait till it pops up again. I would like it if there was an automatic update settings like my phone. Ohh and the Youtube app is a bit difficult at first to navigate with the remote but after a few quite curse words under the breath I figured it out. I'm a PC/LAN Engineer and the interface and some settings took time to figure out. I can't imagine how my parents would feel about dealing with all that stuff. They would probably just call me...hahaha

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy., March 26, 2014
I upgraded from a 32" Panasonic IPS-panel LCD TV to this model and I'm very pleased with it so far. For this price-range, I have no complaints and think 5 stars is very fair. That being said, there are some nit-picky flaws which I've made note of.

Pros:
- Smart features are great.
- Has a beautiful picture.
- 120 Hz is awesome!
- 0.3" bezel makes the TV itself looks great.
- Blacks are, indeed, very black (sometimes it looks as if the whole TV shuts off when it goes to a black screen).
- Plenty of inputs.
- Easy to set up.
- Network features are nice.
- Great price.
- Games, DVDs, and Blu-Rays all look fantastic.
- Semi-matte screen is a nice touch (especially if you have a bright room with windows).

Cons:
- Viewing angle isn't a perfect 180 degrees. You'll notice some (MINOR) loss of quality if you are sitting to the left or the right of the TV. That being said, I watch it from the front and the right side and it's not enough of a big deal (or noticeable) to take away a star.
- Note: Unless you plan on spending thousands on your TV, most LED TVs have this issue. There is a very, very slight "blotchiness" in the screen. I only notice it when the screen fades to completely white (otherwise you honestly can't tell) and really, it's hardly noticeable in the first place and again, not worth taking away a star. The reason why this happens (or so I've read) is because the TV is so thin, the actual LEDs are pushing against the panel, causing the effect.

Overall, I'm very happy with this TV and I highly recommend it. The problems I mentioned were so trivial that you might not even notice them, but I felt that they were worth mentioning, anyway.

If you want to save some money and settle for a little less, this was my second choice of TV as it's similar in design and assortment of features, http://www.amazon.com/Sony-KDL48W600B-48-Inch-1080p-60Hz/dp/B00HPMCNXI
Other than that, I don't really know if it's actually any good.

If something comes up to change my mind about anything, I'll be editing this review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great TV Great Picture Great Price, April 4, 2014
For a couple weeks I was trying to decide whether to buy this new model the UN48H6350 or the pricier one above it, the UN48H6400, I compared specs, there weren't many reviews for either TV, since both are new 2014 models, but since the UNH6350 line is supposed to be Samsungs "budget" line of smart TVs I compared and decided that it was not worth paying an extra $300 for the UNH6400,
I didn't need 3D or a fancy remote or the "Micro Dimming" (software to improve black level) that the UNH6350 lacked.
I decided on and purchased the UN48H6350, it was delivered fast, Amazon shipped it via UPS but I'm sure had the tv been the 50" or above models they would have used their good big ticket item delivery services.
I've had the TV a couple weeks now and couldn't be happier...the 48" size is perfect, the screen and very thin bezel look classy, but most of all, the picture is absolutely fantastic with great black levels and soo sharp that regular HD looks almost like 3D but without needing glasses and the screens anti-reflection ability is great too. The Smart TV features and apps are very good, the integrated wifi is also very good.
I noticed that the price had falled a week after I bought it, I submitted the price match request and Amazon came through and was great, refunded the difference withing 24-48hours.
My suggestion, if you are also debating purchasing between the UNH6350 and UNH6400 and you don't need or want 3D or a voice activated remote (that the UNH6400 has) and want to save some money...This is the model to get...hands down...it has everything else, along with a good price.