2,100
Samsung UN40H6350 40-Inch 1080p 120Hz Smart LED TV (2014 Model)
Style: Everyday OfferSize: 40-InchChange
Price:$679.00 + Free shipping

1,110 of 1,165 people found the following review helpful
on April 24, 2014
Gave this TV 5 stars because it is phenomenal!

I received my product in 2 days with Amazon Prime so shipping was right on time like promised. The factory settings on the TV are decent but you can make the picture look EXCELLENT if you tweak the settings to your liking. The picture is crisp and clear, making anything you watch way more enjoyable. The sound is also exceptional! It has the potential to be very loud if you put it on the "Amplify" setting which is located in your menu settings, and the speakers are in the back for those of you who are wondering.

As for the reviews about the apps not working, I did not have this problem. It seems that a lot of those reviews occurred awhile ago so they might have fixed that problem they were having. I turned the TV on and there was an update & everything works perfectly fine!

As for gaming, this TV is the best you can get at this price and anything below it. The input lag is 88ms but when you put it on PC mode it reduces the input lag to 44ms. If you don't know what input lag is, that is the half second delay when you're playing a first person shooter when you move your character. Input lag throws your game off and literally makes you worse than you really are ha-ha. For those wanting to know how to put it on PC mode, all you have to do is switch the input to the HDMI port you plugged your console in and when you select it you have to click tools on your remote. When you click tools on your remote, click edit name and then you should see where it says "PC." Click on that and BOOM, no more input lag and your video games run flawlessly. You really only need to do this if you're playing first person shooters though because you can't tell the difference on any other game really unless you're a gamer who has never seen sunlight.

I did a lot of research on this TV, so I tried including everything I was concerned about to assist others in making their purchase. To be honest, this is a great TV in my opinion. It is an affordable price, and the picture is beautiful!

P.S. For those of you who are looking to mount this TV as well, the VESA on the back is 200 x 200. It was very difficult for me to find that online so I hope I helped you out :)
4949 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 31, 2014
I love it! The delivery company delivered and set my 55H6350 this morning. What an amazing picture. I couldnt be more happy with the picture quality. I have read reviews about people who diss this tv because of the Slow Apps or Poor Sounds. In my experience so far, the apps and web browser ARE slow but I have this TV connected to an Asus Chromebox and use that for web browsing and all apps. So the smart features wont be used by me. The built-in speakers sound okay to me. Nothing spectacular but nothing horrible, just average. However, I am using the Optical Out from the TV to my A/V Receiver and all is well.

I found the following calibration online and seem to really enhance the picture to provide true colors.

Picture Mode Movie
Picture Options
Color Tone Warm2
Digital Noise Filter Off
MPEG Noise Filter Off
HDMI Black Level Normal (Low if available)
Film Mode Off
Auto Motion Plus Off

10pt White Balance ON

Picture Size Screen Fit

So after 4 hours, I would recommend this tv to Anyone. I'll report back if I have problems in the future but so far ZERO buyers remorse.

UPDATE: 30 days in and I could not be more happy with my purchase. I did a ton of comparison (probably too much) shopping before buying this tv. Boy did I make the right decision. This TV is SWEET! again, i dont use the smart features so no comment on them.
6464 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on August 29, 2014
When this TV arrived (and it's so freakin' big I had to go buy a new table for it), I was at first mystified by how strange the picture quality is. The resolution and contrast are even better than I expected, but the first Blu-Ray disk I put in was "Fellowship of the Ring", and for some reason, it looked more like the hideous high frame rate video of "The Hobbit", not the 24 frame per second film look of the LOTR movies. And indeed, at the top of the screen, the frame rate was shown as 60p, which is to me a bit unusual, given the 24fps source material. Unlike the Sony Bravia I'm replacing, there's no way to control the frame rate directly, and among the reviews here on Amazon, I couldn't find any way to get rid of this artificial motion blur-less look that I find so very wrong.

Finally on the Samsung site I found there's a setting called Auto Motion Plus on one of the sub-menus. The TV actually tries to create "in-between frames", to achieve an actual (though crappy) 60 frames per second picture. The default setting is Auto. Since I don't see it mentioned here, it horrifies me to think that probably everyone who owns this TV is operating it with Auto Motion Plus, because it really is the Death of Cinema. But I beg you, unless you only watch sports, heed my words and run, don't walk, to this menu setting.
3939 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
2,077 of 2,378 people found the following review helpful
on May 21, 2014
Beware of all Samsung LED LCD sets. They outsource most of the panels to three companies: AU optronics, Chi Mei optoelectronics and sharp. They are all inferior to Samsung Panels with Sharp being the next best, AU third and CMO or now called Innolux. Samsung only ships sets to raters and shows with the Samsung panels inside. What does that tell you. I saw this set at BB and it looked fantastic. Bought it on Amazon and it was delivered two days later. Amazon rocks by the way!. Set it up and calibrated it. Blacks looked poor and the contrast was poor. Off axis viewing was poor. Picture grainy and I have the sharpness down to 0. Called Samsung and of course they said this was not a service issue but would forward my complaint to the important people. Amazon cannot search their warehouse for the version to replace this set with a real Samsung TV. On the sticker on the box and behind the set, there is a version number. If it starts with a T then you win the Samsung Panel Lottery. If it does not you lose! Here is a link to the info:[...]. Buy local so you can check this number.
645645 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on July 10, 2014
Calibration settings.

These came courtesy of cnet. Sometimes the calibration settings are hard to find in their reviews, and to save time, I will post them here.

Picture: Movie mode

Dynamic Contrast: Off
Black Tone: Off
Flesh Tone: 0
RGB Only Mode: Off
Color Space: Custom (see below)
White Balance: (see below)
Gamma: 0

--Auto Motion Plus submenu:
Blur reduction: 10
Judder reduction: 0
LEDClear Motion: Off
1212 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on May 29, 2014
From the first moment I turned on the TV (after setup) the unit continually power-cycled every 2-5 minutes. I contacted Samsung support who walked me through resetting the TV, attempting to check for software updates. After many failed attempts I could finally see there are no updates available (v 1005).

Returned the unit and seriously considering a different brand as a replacement.

================
UPDATE 08 June

While waiting for Amazon to pickup this defective TV, I finally got it to accept a software update which seemed to have resolved the power-cycling issue. Once the TV was returned I decided to try Samsung again and ordered the same model (but 60") and have been pleased so far. Updating review from 1 star to 3 star for 55".

================
UPDATE 06 July

The 60" version came with different software pre-loaded than the 55" I ordered. The TV worked great out of the box, regardless Samsung has issued at least two updates since then. The TV itself looks great and the Smart TV features are nice, although a bit on the sluggish side. I'm happy that seem Samsung committed to software improvements.

PROS:
-nice screen
-SmartTV features
-very configurable

CONS:
-Software a bit on the slow side
review image review image review image
1414 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 22, 2014
First off, I am so glad to have done my research before plunking down the cash for this. If you didn't know, Samsung uses panels made by several other companies in different sizes of screens and if you are expecting premium picture quality you will want a size which comes with a Samsung panel. This was one reason I chose the 75" (I believe the 55" and 48" also come with Samsung panels).

Secondly, to really appreciate the quality of these screens you will want to calibrate the picture settings correctly. I found professionally-calibrated settings for the H6350 model on another website and used those as a starting point, then tweaked them to perfection with Disney's World of Wonder blu ray disc and I have to say the picture quality on this thing is absolutely gorgeous. As per directions on most 'home theater enthusiast' forums, I disabled all the extra video processing features like 'motion blur', etc to make sure the picture I see is as near a perfect recreation to the source material as possible and am absolutely stunned each and every time I power this beast on.

I have this wall-mounted on a great mount also purchased here on Amazon, and TV-wise everything was perfect.

All in all, I highly recommend this set (at least the 75" version), although if you like how home 3D looks you will want to consider the 7150 series. For me, home 3D looks gimmicky and pulls me out of the movie so I opted for this model as it is the highest non-3D screen Samsung makes and have been overjoyed with my choice for nearly a week now.

On the critical side (and you will find these same issues in reviews elsewhere so I knew what to expect):
As expected, if the screen is fully deep black, I notice a fair amount of clouding (the screen black color is not uniform, you can see several 'cloud' areas which are lighter than the darkest black), and when certain partially bright/partially dark scenes are being displayed I found 1 tiny flashlighting issue near the bottom left corner. You have to be looking for it to see it in the first place, so I am not really disappointed by this - it's not noticeable to the point of being distracting at all while watching a movie.

It has no dead or stuck pixels which is something you will want to check immediately with any new LCD TV.

Also, the Amazon delivery was great - I received email updates several days in advance from Amazon and the freight carrier, and the delivery was within the scheduled timeframe i had chosen. The delivery man was polite and had me help him carry the TV into my theater room where he helped unbox it and we plugged it in to make sure everything was working correctly.
2121 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 30, 2014
Outstanding product that well exceeds my expectations!! The picture and sound are excellent!! The price was remarkable!!
review image
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 12, 2015
I've had this 75" TV for about a week and I'm trying to come up with a reason to return it and buy a UHD TV instead. I can't!
Initially, I assumed I would buy a 4K TV since it clearly offers a higher resolution picture. In the 75" range though we're talking a $2-3K premium over the standard HD TV.

Standing 2 feet from the screen you cant compare against a 4K set. But I sit 14' from the screen. Standing 10' or more from the UHD in stores and the clarity becomes less impactful. in other words, the UHD picture begins to look more like a standard HD picture because I cant discern pixels and fine lines at that range.

3 things finally convinced me to stick with standard HD:
1. I pass all video through my older (5 years) receiver. Upgrading to 4K would require an HDMI 2.0 receiver and cables...that's another $500
2. The lack of true 4K content. 4K Blu-rays aren't even available yet
3. Quantum Dot technology is rapidly gaining ground. This produces the full color spectrum at a much lower cost than OLED, and should result in better and cheaper 4K - or even 8K - resolution TV's. Who knows...4K TV's could be obsolete in 5 years!

So I got the Samsung thinking if for any reason it was disappointing, I'd take it back and reconsider 4K.

As I stated, it hasn't happened! I run Cox HD cable and Blu-Ray into this set and the picture is the same crisp HD quality I've been enjoying for years. The larger screen has not resulted in picture degradation of any kind. I did calibrate this using the CNET settings they posted and it was a great starting point. Then I just tweaked the backlight and brightness a bit and now it's perfect for my room. I mention Cox because different providers will compress signals differently. I cant say if Dish, Comcast, or any others would produce different quality HD pictures. I think whatever HD quality you see now will be true on this set as well.

The other reviewers commenting on a washed out picture...this is due to the source material. I'd say 95% of the content I see is beautiful: inky blacks, bright whites, and vivid, true color. Occasionally commercials, older shows, or poorly recorded programming comes on and yes, it can look washed out - like the brightness was cranked up to 80....but this is rare. I cant think of anything I normally watch that is afflicted by this. Sports and all my prime time shows look awesome. Also note, viewing from the side will produce a washed out effect.

So end result, I'll keep the extra $3000, plan to jump into current technology in 4-5 years when 4K (or 8K) is prevalent, and until then enjoy a big, crisp, HD picture!

My advice...if you're on the fence buy it from a respectable store, take it home, calibrate and use it for a couple of weeks, and if it disappoints, return it. It's a big purchase - make sure you're happy!
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 18, 2015
TV had a huge watermark on the left side of the screen when it was initially plugged in and turned on. After looking closer at it, I could see the panel itself was unglued inside from screen which is what probably causes this watermark.

Very disconcerting given the $2400 price tag... Requested replacement from Amazon, let's see what happens.
review image
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations