The UN46B6000 is part of Samsung's entry-level line of LED backlit televisions. The UN46B6000 packs some high-end features to go along with that price tag, including internet connectivity via a LAN port, media playback from your network and USB devices and 120Hz refresh rate.
From the Manufacturer
Samsung-6000-LED with NFL Manufacturer's Review (March 3, 2009)
Redefining the standards for viewing quality, energy-efficiency and home entertainment decor, the Samsung 6000 Series LED HDTV deliver unparalleled picture quality and enhanced connectivity while also helping you reduce your carbon footprint with the reduced power consumption of the LED screen. Using Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs) as its primary light source--rather than traditional Cold Cathode Fluorescent Lamps (CCFL)--this cutting edge HDTV also offers the benefits of an ultra-high contrast ratio and a slim depth that allows for a more artful design.
Samsung's 6000 Series LED HDTV line-up boasts high dynamic contrast ratios, complements of the ground breaking LED light source. It also incorporates a number of innovative features to reduce the motion blur and image judder, which traditionally plague LCD HDTVs when displaying fast movement. The Auto Motion Plus frame interpolation technology utilizes a 120Hz refresh rate helps ensure crisp, easy viewing of sports, video games and movies.
The 6000 Series also includes access to Samsung's InfoLink RSS service, which can instantly display updated news, sports, weather and stocks information with a touch of the remote. And this HDTV is accented by Samsung's TOC (Touch of Color), which offers a hint of a translucent color around the edges of the unit for a uniquely fashionable look.
- Screen Size: 46 inches
- Full 1080p HD (Learn more)
- Breakthrough LED picture quality with true-to-life brightness ranging from the purest black to pristine white. (Learn more)
- Energy Savings: Samsung's LED TVs use up to 40 percent less power than conventional LCD TVs. (Learn more)
- Ultra-slim Design: 1.2-inch depth
- Blazing 4ms response time minimizes blurring of fast motion in sports programs.
- Mega dynamic contrast ratio
- HD-Grade Pixel Resolution: High-resolution pixel density is combined with a built-in image scaler to handle inputs from a variety of digital and analog audio/video sources.
- Auto Motion Plus 120Hz: Advanced processing that reduces blur and enhances image detail when viewing fast motion video sequences. (Learn more)
- Ultra Clear Panel: Advanced LCD technology lets you enjoy crisp image details, natural skin tones, excellent shadow detail, and vibrant colors.
- Game Mode enhances dark areas, sharpens the picture, speeds up the image processing response and enhances the sounds of your games. Picture and sound quality optimized for the special needs of gaming systems at the touch of a button.
- Side-mounted USB 2.0 port: connect USB devices directly to your HDTV to view JPEG photos or MPEG movies or easily listen to your MP3 player through your HDTV's audio system or your home theater system.
- Touch of Color (ToC): Samsung's unique manufacturing process accents the surrounding bezel with a stylish red tone. (Learn more)
- Wide Color Enhancer Pro optimizes a given color's hue, resulting in more natural rendering of colors.
- Picture-in-Picture (PIP) enables convenient, simultaneous viewing of TV programs and video or PC content sources.
- Audio: Two 10-watt stereo speakers (for 20 watts of total power)
- SRS TruSurround HD creates an immersive, feature-rich surround sound experience from two speakers, complete with rich bass, high frequency detail and clear dialog.
- InfoLink: Get free RSS feeds of news, weather and sports right to your HDTV with a built-in Ethernet port (Learn more)
- Anynet Plus (HDMI-CEC) allows peripheral AV devices such as a DVD player to be controlled by a Samsung TV remote control.
- Energy Star Compliant: Reduces energy consumption by up to 25 percent compared with standard TVs.
- V-Chip system allows blocking of rated TV and movie programs determined by a parent to contain objectionable content.
- Trilingual on-screen displays in English, Spanish or French.
- Variable sleep timer can be programmed to turn the TV off at different time intervals.
- Crystal Neck Swivel Stand
- Warranty: 1 year parts and 1 year labor warranty (90 days parts and labor for commercial use), with in home service, backed by Samsung toll-free support.
- HDMI (version 1.3): 4 side
- USB: 2 side
- Component video: 1 bottom
- PC input: 1 bottom
- Ethernet: 1 bottom
- Optical digital audio output: 1 side
- TV without stand: 51.5 x 32.1 x 1.2 inches (WxHxD); 48.5 pounds
- TV with stand: 51.5 x 34.4 x 12 inches (WxHxD); 60 pounds
- What size TV should you get?
Full HD 1080P
| ||Full HD, or 1080p, contains 1.5 times more scanning lines than conventional HD TVs. More scanning lines mean more pixels, more details and a better picture. The new Samsung LCD TV with resolution that is approximately 2 times greater than conventional HDTVs, creating the most perfect picture imaginable. |
Samsung’s 1080p panel uses a new high-speed liquid crystal to cut response time to 4ms. The fast response time, coupled with Samsung’s Auto Motion Plus 120Hz motion blur reduction technology dramatically reduces motion blur and judder.
|Compared to a traditional CCFL, LEDs produce darker blacks that appear endlessly deep to the eye. Whites also remain crisp and bright with vivid colors. The result is picture quality that measures up to the natural beauty of life. For instance, Samsung's Wide Color Enhancer Pro feature lets consumers enjoy a broader color palette. The Ultra Clear Panel further allows the preservation of every detail even in brightly-lit, imperfect viewing conditions. This is done by effectively allowing more light to pass through the screen and simultaneously reducing reflections from ambient light. And with an adaptive "Natural" mode, Samsung's LED HDTVs can combine the recognized brightness advantage of LCD displays with the cinema-like viewing experience of plasma displays by automatically optimizing picture settings. |
|The benefits of using LEDs include not only improved picture quality, but also reduced power consumption levels to easily meet the stringent new Energy Star v3.0 guidelines. The LED modules are mercury-free, which makes for cleaner manufacturing and safer recycling when compared with backlight technologies currently available. In the LED HDTV line, energy consumption is reduced by 40 percent versus traditional LCD HDTVs of a similar size. The LED HDTVs also include a power indicator menu, and an optimized energy savings mode. In addition, these TVs require less material to manufacture and are thinner, reducing packing material and consumer waste. The smaller packaging allows for more units to be shipped and less fuel to be consumed at a time which potentially reduces Samsung's carbon footprint. |
Auto Motion Plus 120Hz
| ||This technology doubles the frame rate from 60 to 120 frames per second (120Hz LCD panel) without repeating the same image to make more frames. Instead, the TV intelligently calculates the ‘middle’ image between frame A and frame B and inserts it in between (Auto Motion Plus 120Hz processor), making a fluid transition from one frame to the next. || |
Touch of Color
| ||In 2008, Samsung created its unique Touch of Color (ToC) design, which uses dual-injection molding to coat a translucent, colored surface to achieve an attractive crystalline appearance. The latest evolution of Samsung's ToC design begins with a deep piano black bezel that fades into distinct chrome that finishes as light ruby highlights on the 7000 and 6000 Series LED HDTVs. The intensity of the color subtly changes depending upon the viewing angle, and further accentuates these TV's slim bezels. || |
| ||Up-to-the-minute access to weather, news, sports and stock information is just a cable and a click away through the HDTV’s Ethernet port and new InfoLink RSS service. An all-new user interface with digital contents management guide provides intuitive navigation and access to both internal and external content. |
| ||With standard-definition TVs, the rule used to be that viewers would feel comfortable watching a set from a distance of 3 to 6 times the screen size in inches. With HDTV, the resolution is so much better that you can sit closer to a larger TV without noticing the pixels. So with HDTVs, the rule tends to be you can sit anywhere from 1.5 to 3 times the screen size (in inches) for the best experience. |
If you know the size of the room you have already, where you want to sit, and where your new HDTV should go once you get it, you can figure out the size HDTV you should get.
- Minimum size = Viewing distance/3
- Maximum size=Viewing distance/1.5