- Free 60-Day Tech Support: This item is eligible for FREE Tech Support for 60 days from the date of delivery. Over the phone, our trained technicians can help you set up, configure, connect, and troubleshoot so you can start enjoying your new purchase. Owners of qualifying products can reach Tech Support by selecting your product on the Contact Us page. Learn more
Samsung UN46B8000 46-Inch 1080p 240Hz LED HDTV (2009 Model)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Ultra-slim 46-inch LED HDTV with full HD 1080p resolution and Auto Motion Plus 240Hz technology for the sharpest, smoothest picture possible
- LED technology enables a true-to-life range of picture brightness; uses 40 percent less energy than conventional LCD TVs
- Internet@TV online content service from Yahoo!, Flickr, YouTube via your broadband connection
- Inputs: 4 HDMI, 1 component, 2 USB, 1 Ethernet, 1 PC, 1 optical digital audio output
- Includes detachable swivel table stand; measures 44.5 x 29.8 x 10.9 inches (WxHxD) with stand
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
- Brand Name: Samsung
- Model Number: UN46B8000XFXZA
- Display Technology: LED-lit
- Display Size: 46 inches
- Image Aspect Ratio: 16:9
From the Manufacturer
Redefining the standards for viewing quality, energy-efficiency and home entertainment decor, the Samsung 8000 Series LED HDTVs deliver unparalleled picture quality and enhanced connectivity while also helping you reduce your carbon footprint with the reduced power consumption of the LED screen. Using Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs) as its primary light source--rather than traditional Cold Cathode Fluorescent Lamps (CCFL)--this cutting edge HDTV also offers the benefits of an ultra-high contrast ratio and a slim depth that allows for a more artful design.
The 8000 Series features Samsung's new InternetTV online content service. Developed with Yahoo!, InternetTV uses either a wired or wireless Ethernet connection to access content onscreen from Yahoo!, Flickr, YouTube and more with the push of a button. The widget-based interface and scrollbar run along the bottom of the screen for easy browsing of the latest programs and content. And this HDTV is accented by Samsung's TOC (Touch of Color), which offers a hint of a translucent color around the edges of the unit for a uniquely fashionable look.
- Screen Size: 46 inches
- Full 1080p HD (Learn more)
- Breakthrough LED picture quality with true-to-life brightness ranging from the purest black to pristine white. (Learn more)
- Energy Savings: Samsung's LED TVs use up to 40 percent less power than conventional LCD TVs. (Learn more)
- Ultra-slim Design: 1.2-inch depth
- Ultra-quick 2ms response time minimizes blurring of fast motion in sports programs.
- Mega dynamic contrast ratio (5,000,000:1)
- HD-Grade Pixel Resolution: High-resolution pixel density is combined with a built-in image scaler to handle inputs from a variety of digital and analog audio/video sources.
- Auto Motion Plus 240Hz: Advanced processing that reduces blur and enhances image detail when viewing fast motion video sequences. (Learn more)
- Ultra Clear Panel: Advanced LCD technology lets you enjoy crisp image details, natural skin tones, excellent shadow detail, and vibrant colors.
- Game Mode enhances dark areas, sharpens the picture, speeds up the image processing response and enhances the sounds of your games. Picture and sound quality optimized for the special needs of gaming systems at the touch of a button.
- Wide Color Enhancer Pro optimizes a given color's hue, resulting in more natural rendering of colors.
- Picture-in-Picture (PIP) enables convenient, simultaneous viewing of TV programs and video or PC content sources.
- Audio: Two down-firing stereo speakers (10-watts each, for 20 watts of total power) with subwoofer
- SRS TruSurround HD creates an immersive, feature-rich surround sound experience from two speakers, complete with rich bass, high frequency detail and clear dialog.
- Content Library (2 GB Flash Memory): Built-in library contains photo art gallery, games, workout routines, recipes, and other interesting digital content. Additional items and updates are available from Samsung.com.
- DLNA-compatible for better interopability with electronics, computers and mobile devices from many different manufacturers (Learn more)
- Anynet Plus (HDMI-CEC) allows peripheral AV devices such as a DVD player to be controlled by a Samsung TV remote control.
- Energy Star Compliant: Reduces energy consumption by up to 25 percent compared with standard TVs.
- V-Chip system allows blocking of rated TV and movie programs determined by a parent to contain objectionable content.
- Crystal Neck Swivel Stand
- Warranty: 1 year parts and 1 year labor warranty (90 days parts and labor for commercial use), with in home service, backed by Samsung toll-free support.
- Medi2.0 lets you enjoy more with Internet TV, allowing you to receive content via Yahoo!, Flickr, and more via on-screen TV widgets. (Learn more)
- HDMI (version 1.3): 4 side
- USB: 2
- Component video: 1 bottom
- PC input: 1 bottom
- Ethernet: 1 bottom
- Optical digital audio output: 1 side
- TV without stand: 44.5 x 27.1 x 1.2 inches (WxHxD); 39.7 pounds
- TV with stand: 44.5 x 29.8 x 10.9 inches (WxHxD); 50.3 pounds
- What size TV should you get?
- 2010 LinkStick: Connect wirelessly to a world of digital content from Samsung. The LinkStick wireless LAN adaptor eliminates the hassle and cluttered look of wires. Learn more about the Samsung WIS09ABGN LinkStick Wireless LAN Adapter.
- Wall Mount: Picture frame-style mount for simple installation. Mounting hardware included. Learn more about the Samsung WMN1000B Fixed Low-Profile Wall Mount.
There's a big difference between seeing the game and seeing every split second of it. That's where Auto Motion Plus 240Hz technology comes in. All the action in every frame is analyzed and then adjusted so nothing goes by in a blur. This technology quadruples the frame rate from 60 to 240 frames per second (240Hz LCD panel) without repeating the same image to make more frames. Instead, it uses interpolation to intelligently calculate and place three new frames between two existing frames to create smoother transitions.
|You already know something about digital living. There’s the TV and digital video recorder in your family room. (And another set in your bedroom.) You have a PC and digital printer in your office, along with a network attached storage device. And you’ve copied all your music onto your portable music player and haven’t had to open a CD case for years. But getting them to talk to each other can be pretty tough. Why is it still so difficult to send digital content from one device to another? |
Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) is a collaboration of the world’s leading consumer electronics, PC and mobile companies that has created design guidelines for a new generation of products that can work together — no matter the brand.
Think for a moment about all of the photos "locked away" on your home PC that you wish you could access while entertaining your friends and family. Now, thanks to DLNA enabled devices, a DLNA-enabled PC can be accessed from the comfort of your living room or family room via a DLNA-enabled HDTV, where you can enjoy your memories with friends and family, without having to deal with the hassle and non-intuitive "PCexperience".
Or, say you recently downloaded your daughter’s birthday party video from your digital camcorder to your PC. Now you want to share it with your parents who are visiting. Without DLNA, you probably have to burn a DVD of the video or hook up the camcorder to the TV. With DLNA, you can just use your TV’s remote to call up the video on your TV. That's it.
|Medi2.0 lets you enjoy more with Internet TV, allowing you to receive content via Yahoo!, Flickr, and more on screen. It also includes a content library so you can enjoy pre-loaded content, such as cooking recipes and fitness exercises. Plus, DLNA CERTIFIED connectivity lets you remotely access your PC's personal media so that you can download music, video, and photos and enjoy them anywhere in the home your TV is. Finally USB 2.0 multi-media center lets you connect a thumb drive or a digital camera quickly and easily. |
|With standard-definition TVs, the rule used to be that viewers would feel comfortable watching a set from a distance of 3 to 6 times the screen size in inches. With HDTV, the resolution is so much better that you can sit closer to a larger TV without noticing the pixels. So with HDTVs, the rule tends to be you can sit anywhere from 1.5 to 3 times the screen size (in inches) for the best experience. |
If you know the size of the room you have already, where you want to sit, and where your new HDTV should go once you get it, you can figure out the size HDTV you should get.
Read about our customers' top-rated TVs on our reviews pages: TV Reviews, 4K TV Reviews, LED TV Reviews, Plasma TV Reviews, and Smart TV Reviews. Shop our popular TV brands: LG, Samsung, Sharp, Sony, and VIZIO.
Top Customer Reviews
First of all I like most am not rich and this kind of money for a tv is insane. But if you've decided to upgrade your older lcd (or) finallys witch from your crt, and you were planning to try and spend around $1000 or $1200 tops, I'd really suggest you wait, if it takes 6 months, wait, and save enough money for a great tv like this.
I searched online for the best reviewed tv's in the price range I could afford, and like most of you I wandered into the tv section of Walmart and other stores to see the screen definition and prices of various tv's out there. I decided if I'm going to make this expensive transition I'm going to wait a few months until I could get the tv I really wanted. Well I finally have my un46B8000 and find myself watching commercials cuz they look so cool !
First of all I am a long time user of Tivo. Mine was the standard digital 2 drive version so I decided to upgrade and order the new XL HD tivo. In the week while I waited for it's delivery, I was watching my usual cable digital channels on this new tv. It's IMPORTANT to note that the digital picture is just stunning on this tv... without the HD channels. Shows look oddly different, like many yrs ago when they switched to video taping our nightly comedy shows instead of filming them.... and I remember how odd the picture looked in video.. it was unusually clear and realistic... Well I'm experiencing that again with this new tv.. Just watching Two and a Half Men, the new picture clarity baffles and stuns me! it's like watching a whole new program! and digital commercials, I actually find myself rewinding to watch them! it's just odd !!Read more ›
The display has a decent number of inputs, especially considering its size. Four HDMI, a component, and a VGA.Read more ›
I see none of that with UN46B8000 that I bought last week. Fast motion is excellent. White is white, black is black, and reds and blues are beautiful. Clarity is excellent. Once in a while I've seen intense yellows and greens where I've wondered if it was an accurate depiction, but I've not made any adjustments yet. But, it's hard to get all these qualities, especially whites, in plasma. I'm not a professional, just my observations based on a few months of shopping.
My opinion is that plasma has lost it's advantage, especially if you consider power consumption. Plasmas only advantage now is price, but that should change over time.
The only problem with the un46b800 I've had is that occasionally the backlight setting jumps up. I think c/net mentioned this. Still, I'm very satisfied with this set.
Do not use the slim wall mount if you have one. It's magnetic and causes some problems w/ the set.
I was able to take advantage get a steal of a price on a sale, and had to jump on it. If you have money to burn, it's a great set. there are some 9 series standard LCD sets from Samsung which are great.
Be aware that there are no true LED sets out there. This is an edge lit set. That means that there are some LED's along the edges of the screen providing backlight to the lcd screen. The next series, 9000, will feature local dimming LED which are spread in zones throughout the set. Not a true LED, but closer, however .. more than likely.. you'll pay the price.
If you're in the market for an edge lit LED-LCD set, and you're happy w/ 46in, jump in. If not, wait it out a bit until there's new tech you want badly, or until the prices drop.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great product. Order arrived on time. Product is still going strong after 5 years.Published 2 months ago by Norman W Goodman
We have had it a couple of years now and LOVE it! So far not one problem with it.
don't be afraid to buy a
I've had this for over 4 years and it still holds up to comparable sets of today and even more so for the incredible price that i picked it up for. Read morePublished on April 4, 2014 by Shusha
have had this tv for a few years, love it, love the thickness love the picture quality, love samsung productsPublished on March 24, 2014 by allan
Takes a lot of initial setup. The serious reviewers' tips on the Amazon.com product page helped a lot. Read morePublished on November 24, 2013 by sj
This TV has the best picture even comparing to the newer models. Samsung has made improvements to technical features but I don't think Samsung or any other manufacturer has... Read morePublished on July 4, 2013 by Smitty
This is still the best television I have seen anywhere. The quality of the picture is fantastic although might take some getting uised to due to the "soap opera" like... Read morePublished on March 7, 2013 by Colorado Lefty
This is a great tv. I love how thin it is, and the great picture for TV and movies. Only minor negative is the lack of a Netflix app. Read morePublished on May 8, 2012 by Raymond J. Rizzuto
The picture quality on this TV is great. Samsung knows how to make a good LED SCREEN.
However, as a full-featured, modern TV it is lacking in several areas:
- Sound... Read more