- Free 60-Day Tech Support: This item is eligible for FREE Tech Support for 60 days from the date of delivery. Over the phone, our trained technicians can help you set up, configure, connect, and troubleshoot so you can start enjoying your new purchase. Owners of qualifying products can reach Tech Support by selecting your product on the Contact Us page. Learn more
Samsung UN46C8000 46-Inch 1080p 3D 240 Hz LED HDTV (2010 Model)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Real 240Hz(TM)
- 4 HDMI (ver 1.4), HDMI-CEC
- Full HD 1080p resolution
- ConnectShare(TM) Movie
- Exceeds ENERGY STAR® standards
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
From the Manufacturer
The Samsung LED 8000: delivering the pure thrill of 3D entertainment, connectivity that enhances your life, and visually stunning picture quality. Action leaps off the screen with advanced 3D technology, for a truly immersive viewing experience. Internet@TV lets you get connected to the best of the web, right on your HDTV, with downloadable and customizable widgets – and coming soon, Samsung apps. Connect to friends, share pictures, shop online and more. Innovative LED backlight processing delivers HD on a new level of enjoyment, with our greatest range dynamic contrast and rich, bright color. Breathtaking ultra-slim design adds sleek versatility, while an elegant Touch of Color bezel accent brings both new colors and textures to your décor. Take entertainment further than ever before.
Samsung 3D TV delivers an extraordinarily
lifelike 3D-picture depth, all in an incredibly slim design.
- Screen Size: 46 inches
- Full 1080p HD: Enjoy the powerful picture quality, vivid colors and stunning clarity of Full HD 1080p resolution.
- 240 Hz Clear Motion Rate: Samsung 240 Hz technology delivers even the fastest onscreen motion with utterly life like clarity.
- 3D-ready: Samsung 3D technology makes images leap off the screen– so you feel like you’re a part of the action. Sync up with our Samsung Blu-ray player to experience movies in 3D on your TV – and enjoy more TV broadcasts in stunning 3D, coming soon. (Learn more about Samsung 3D Active glasses)
- SAMSUNG SMART TV: Connect to an ever-expanding portal of your favorite digital content. Customizable widgets give you access to BLOCKBUSTER, Facebook, YouTube, Flickr, Amazon Instant Video and more – all on your HDTV.
- Ultra Slim Design: Stunning ultra slim depth – includes tuner (no external transceiver box).
- Ultra Clear Panel: Advanced technology lets you enjoy crisp image details, natural skin tones, excellent shadow detail, and vibrant colors.
- Touch of Color design: Exclusive Touch of Color design combines texture and color that can complement any room.
- ConnectShare Movie: Connect a thumb drive or digital camera quickly and easily. User-friendly interface allows access to videos, music playlists and pictures via the remote.
- Game Mode: Enhances dark areas, sharpens the picture, speeds up the image processing response and enhances the sounds of your games. Picture and sound quality optimized for the special needs of gaming systems at the touch of a button.
- Exceeds ENERGY STAR Standards: LED Energy Efficient, up to 50% less than the latest ENERGY STAR specification depending on series and screen size in standard mode.
- Wide Color Enhancer Plus delivers the entire spectrum of color and luminance for rich, saturated images with intense detail.
- 10 Watts x 2 audio power stereo broadcast reception: Supports multichannel sound (MTS)and second audio program (SAP) with 181-channel capacity.
- Built in Digital Tuner: no external box needed.
- Warranty: 1 year parts and 1 year labor warranty (90 days parts and labor for commercial use), with in-home service, backed by Samsung toll-free support.
- AllShare: Sync up your entire household. A wired or wireless DLNA connection lets you stream your PC audio and video files to your HDTV using your remote.
- Skype on Samsung TV: Enjoy the convenience and connectivity of free, IP-based, picture-in-picture video calls via Skype right from your couch: View it all life size on your Samsung TV.
- Pin-Point Dimming: Samsung’s innovative Precision Dimming Technology delivers our greatest range of dynamic contrast and rich, bright color. You’ll see whiter whites and deeper blacks, minus the “halo” effect, which occurs when light is diffused to such a degree that it distorts the image. Energy consumption is also reduced.
- Brushed Titanium Finish
- Swivel stand
- 4 HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia
Interface) version 1.4: 4 back
- Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC): Allows peripheral AV devices such as a DVD player to be controlled by a Samsung TV remote control.
- USB: 2 side
- PC input: 1 back
- Ethernet: 1 back
- Optical sound output: 1 back
- Component video input: 1 back
- TV without stand: 42.9 x 26.1 x .09 inches (WxHxD); 37.5 pounds
- TV with stand: 42.9 x 28.5 x 10.9 inches (WxHxD); 42.3 pounds
- What size TV should you get?
- 2010 LinkStick: Connect wirelessly to a world of digital content from Samsung. The LinkStick wireless LAN adaptor eliminates the hassle and cluttered look of wires. Learn more about the Samsung WIS09ABGN LinkStick Wireless LAN Adapter.
- Wall Mount: Picture frame-style mount for simple installation. Mounting hardware included. Learn more about the Samsung WMN1000B Fixed Low-Profile Wall Mount.
|See vivid new dimensions in picture depth and action that leaps off the TV screen. The Samsung 3D experience* is: |
• Watching 3D movies and shows on a Samsung 3D TV with stylish and comfortable 3D Active glasses.
• Connecting a Samsung 3D Blu-ray Disc Player immerses you in the latest Hollywood 3D hits.
• Converting 2D movies, sports and shows to 3D.Samsung 3D Active glasses are the gateway to Samsung 3D entertainment. Click here to learn more.
* 3D viewing experience depends on source of 3D content. Samsung 3D TVs are compatible with the Blu-ray Disc Association standard and both broadcast standards.
|Samsung LED TV Series 7 takes the struggle out of sharing your talent with the world, or at least with your family. Transfer your videos, music and photos from your PC or mobile device. Wirelessly and effortlessly. It even connects with multiple PCs. Who said you need connections to get on TV?|
|To all the advantages of our LED screen like brilliant color, sharp contrast and low energy consumption, add one more. Mercury-free. While conventional LCD TVs contain mercury, our LED TVs have zero, achieved by using a toxic-free LED lamp instead of CCFL. It is even up to 50% more efficient than the latest ENERGY STAR specifications (depending on series and screen size, in standard mode).||File Size=5 KB|
|• Innovative LED picture quality: Creates a picture with an exceptionally large range of contrast and color, making images appear more real. |
• Samsung 240Hz Clear Motion Rate technology: Delivers even the fastest onscreen motion with 240 frames per second, for utterly lifelike clarity.
• Ultra Slim 1.1" depth: Stunning at only 1.1" deep – includes tuner (no external transceiver box).
|With standard-definition TVs, the rule used to be that viewers would feel comfortable watching a set from a distance of 3 to 6 times the screen size in inches. With HDTV, the resolution is so much better that you can sit closer to a larger TV without noticing the pixels. So with HDTVs, the rule tends to be you can sit anywhere from 1.5 to 3 times the screen size (in inches) for the best experience. |
If you know the size of the room you have already, where you want to sit, and where your new HDTV should go once you get it, you can figure out the size HDTV you should get.
|SAMSUNG SMART TV lets you enjoy more with Internet TV, allowing you to receive content via Yahoo!, Flickr, and more on screen. It also includes a content library so you can enjoy pre-loaded content, such as cooking recipes and fitness exercises. Plus, DLNA CERTIFIED connectivity lets you remotely access your PC's personal media so that you can download music, video, and photos and enjoy them anywhere in the home your TV is.1 |
1 Internet access and either Ethernet connection or wireless LAN access required.
Read about our customers' top-rated TVs on our reviews pages: TV Reviews, 4K TV Reviews, LED TV Reviews, Plasma TV Reviews, and Smart TV Reviews. Shop our popular TV brands: LG, Samsung, Sharp, Sony, and VIZIO.
Top Customer Reviews
In all honesty, I think this TV has one of the nicest pictures I've ever seen. One example is the pin-point dimming, which has garnered a lot of criticsm and skeptisism. I have seen the production TV model live and I must tell you, I think it's better then local-dimming and I'll tell you why... Unless there is a new panel that is made to fix the local-dimming "halo affect", this is currently the only way to get outradgeous contrast levels without that problem. The pin-point dimming on this TV dramatically lowers the dark spots on the screen in certain area's without a halo affect and actually goes completely pitch black when watching movies with dark screens just like a local-dimming TV. I think this TV actually excels at the dimming part over a local-dimming TV because it creates supurb black levels without any halo affects. That's a huge deal for me. Next is the color accuracy of this panel, I think the whites and colors on this TV are probably better then I've ever seen. Sure Plasma's can sometimes have better color temperatures, but they will not pop out of the screen with ambience like this TV shows. This TV is sharp looking and beautiful and it displays wonderful 3D and High-definition like never before.
Last, but not least... this tv is LOADED with features, easily making it one of the most feature rich TV's there is on the market.Read more ›
|Length: 5:32 Mins|
In all of my travels to box stores I never came across a picture that was as good as the C8000. Nothing is even close.
A few of my notes
- I have never used the television in 3D, and I doubt if I will until sometime next year. To be honest the 3D accessories are too expensive and the available content is too sparse. So why would I buy a 3D television? Well for the price of the Samsung C8000 I am able to get a 3D television for the price of a different mid-range television. However, with the C8000 I get the industry's best picture and the expandability of 3D for a later date. Really how can you lose?
- The picture is both bright and crisp. The detail is beyond belief. The best way to describe it is that the picture resembles a professional photo (print) in a high quality frame.Read more ›
Amazon made the purchasing experience painless with no sales tax and inside delivery. The delivery staff unbox your television, plug it in to make sure it works and are friendly to boot. Last but not least, you will be very impressed. I am very impressed with this next generation of quality. Samsung you definitely got this one right!!!!
All of the above comments are still true. I have watched my first 3D movie with the glasses and everything worked perfectly. 3D makes movie watching a whole different experience. Only one major problem...Other than the 3D movie that came with the free Samsung glasses, there are no other choices to purchase. 3D Blu-ray technology has not caught up with the 3D televisions. ESPN 3D debuts in June on Directv. The All Star game will be telecast in 3D and the College Football National Championship game will be in 3D. The television had software update available at the Samsung website. It was easy to update. The television was manufactured on March 30, 2010 and the software upgrade was available on April 15. The 3D Blu-ray DVD player also had an update. Not difficult to perform but a little surprised.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This was nice for three years, but know that the warranty period is expired the TV no longer powers on, but rather makes clicking sounds until the power is disconnected. Read morePublished 7 months ago by Larry A. Bowden Jr.
One of the best TV I've ever had...Shape is just awesome !!!Published 8 months ago by nadege nicolas
Same bad capacitor issue. Won't power on and the repair is 80% of the cost of the TV.
I had the same issue with a MacBook Pro and Apple paid 100% of the cost, no questions... Read more
It ruined it, totally, it won't power up after just less than 3 years. A few days back, it suddently power-cycled, I thought someone pressed remote power button accidently, so... Read morePublished 14 months ago by B. Liang
Bought this set about 3 and a half years ago. About 2months ago it started developing issues. When I turned it on at times the volume would be very loud althought it was set very... Read morePublished 18 months ago by Patters
Before anyone picks on the fact that this is being reviewed after an extended period, I will say that I judge quality by instantaneous performance, as well as lifetime performance... Read morePublished 20 months ago by Paracyt
Solid TV, seriously one of the best pictures even years later and includes precision back lighting (some of the newer models removed this to save on costs) and has a seriously... Read morePublished on January 31, 2014 by Joshy G
This seems a common problem with Samsung tvs. They use faulty capacitors and have even accepted a class action lawsuit. Read morePublished on July 12, 2013 by James A. Sharkey IV
One of my best purchases @ Amazon. Love the TV, quality is awesome. Amazon service was great.Published on July 1, 2013 by Amith Srivastava