5.0 out of 5 stars Every bit as good as I expected
This review is a little long winded. Skip to the bottom for just the pros and cons. Or, keep reading to waste 10 minutes of your life.

Over the last 5 years, I have been using a 58" Panasonic Plasma TV. Not a bad TV, but not the greatest either. It was only 1080i, it got hot pretty fast (which made the room hot and the air condition kick on too often), and...
Published on April 2, 2011 by Jamie

3.0 out of 5 stars It was a great TV until notice the screen uniformity issue
I have been playing with this TV for one week, the image a color accuracy was great until I notice there is a white halo in the left and right side of the TV. After reading other users and expert reviews, seems like the screen uniformity problem is persistent.

I chat with Samsung representative and this is what they told me:

Please wait for a...
Published on June 8, 2011 by Josetron

‹ Previous | 136 37 3856 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome T.V., August 19, 2011
I upgraded my T.V. from a 37 inch to this 55 inch beast. The T.V. picture is outstanding. Best I have seen yet. The sound is acceptable. I have not played around much with the streaming portion yet. I love all the options available with this T.V. The 3D movies and games are awesome. I have never been one for 3D but I have to admit that I am hooked. I purchased the 3D bundle with this T.V. It is definitely worth it. I don't care much for the glasses which came with the T.V. as I wish they were the same as in the bundle. I don't like to recharge the glasses and would much rather have it battery operated.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality display, August 17, 2011
ConsumerAdvocate (Charlotte, NC United States) - See all my reviews
I've had the UN55D8000 for about 2 weeks. The item was delivered and unpacked but I had to assemble it. You should have 2 people to lift the TV. 4 screws hold the base to the display. 3D glasss are provided in the box. The picture quality is every bit as good as I had hoped for. I don't see any backlighting problems or distortion of the picture. The sound is disappointing, but I have a home theater that I plan to use instead. The wireless setup was easy and there are plenty of apps to download and install. Both the TV and Blu-ray player needed software updates, so its best if you have a wireless router at your home.

A 60" model would have been even nicer, but not at the current price. I chose Amazon because of their reputation, their 30 day return policy, free delivery and the fact they have the lowest price. And I didn't have to haggle with a sale person to price match or be sold an extended warranty.

I purchased the Samsung BD-D6700 Blu-Ray player which has better reviews than the BD-D5500. The combo works great. The BD-6700 grunts when seeking, but it plays fine. The wireless setup is very similar to the TV.

5.0 out of 5 stars SAMSUNG 55D8000 LED TV, August 16, 2011
Great picture. Excellent resolution and color depth. Sound is surprisingly good even without external speakers. 3D does not seem very effective, but was not a priority. Video streaming from Netflix works well. Delivery and set up was prompt and efficient. Hope to get many years of trouble free use!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Samsung UN55D8000 TV, August 16, 2011
This is my first review that I've written after buying 100's of items on Amazon. I felt compelled to write this short one due to the fact that I'm incredibly impressed with this Samsung UN55D8000 LED 3DTV.

TVs have come a long way since 06. My previous one was a Panasonic 37" Plasma. It was very good in its day although it weighed 100+ lbs and was extremely bulky. The bezel was 6"+ at the bottom and 2"+ all around.

This TV is night and day better in every aspect. That's what you get with technology as the years progress. I was torn between a Plasma and a LED. Plasma's generally have a better refresh rate with games and such but at the expense of power. This LED uses $17 of electricity per year at 5 hours viewing per day!! That's amazing to me as my plasma could use that up in 1-2 months. I'm anticipating my electric bill going down. I was also torn about the 3D aspect, but I'm glad that I went for it. With that being said, a few Pros and cons I've listed below. Take them with a grain of salt. I'm a tech nerd but I'm definitely not a video or audiophile.

Pros:
The 3D is better than expected! Movies have become an immersive viewing experience. The picture quality and depth really puts you in the story.

No ghosting with games or movies. Huge relief for me because I pretty much bought this TV for anticipation of the new game releases this fall: Battlefield 3 and Gears of War 3 for the 360.

Internet capability is awesome. The most useful to me is the Pandora app. Youtube needs to be improved since the search functionality is tedious. For whatever reason, it won't let you use the qwerty keyboard to type. You can use the arrow keys though and navigate to the letters that way.

HD pictures direct from my cable COAX is great.

The asthetics of the TV is unmatched from anything I've seen. It looks like you're peering into a window on your wall. It also weighs only 35 lbs. This is amazing considering its a 55".

Free 3d Bluray and Megamind value pack. This is icing on the cake. I didn't have to go out and buy the bluray player and media to take advantage of my TVs capabilities out of the box.

Control the TV with your PDA. Android and iOS have a Samsung app that lets you control the TV. Pretty cool. Now or in the near future you'll be able to watch whatever picture is displaying on your TV with your Samsung phone. This feature alone might help swing me to Android from the iPhone.

Watch your PC/NAS media collection of movies/pictures/mp3s by using the TV DLNA capability. Awesome feature. My GF just came back from a trip and we held a slideshow of her pictures from her laptop for family viewing in front of the big screen.

Cons:
Sound is good but not great. Get a soundbar or AVR to compliment this beauty. If you're spending this kind of money on a TV you shouldn't have an issue justifying the additional purchase.

Samsung TV apps. Most are useless. I hope they come out with better ones in the near future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Picture, August 8, 2011
This TV has an almost edge-to-edge picture that is bright and unbelievably sharp. I added a Samsung sound bar in order to compensate for the small speakers in the TV. HD programs are just awesome on this set. Very satisfied!

5.0 out of 5 stars This TV kicks ass!!!, July 17, 2011
Rudy Robles (Hayward, CA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsung UN46D8000 46-Inch 1080p 240Hz 3D LED HDTV (Silver) (2011 Model) (Electronics)
Everything is perfect on this TV. Very impressive HD quality.
I was worried about the glossy screen reflecting the light in my room - but I am pleasantly surprised that it is not an issue. I highly recommend this TV - and a great deal on Amazon.com

5.0 out of 5 stars Great picture and ok sound, June 25, 2011
Henrik Voskanian (NORTHRIDGE, CA, US) - See all my reviews
Got this TV 2 months ago, at first I had a problem with the remote control, but after one call and two remotes I got it solved.
The picture quality of this TV is great, but the sound could have been a little better. I have mine connected to my Sony 3d blu-ray player surround sound system, so the sound is really good now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung UND8000 55" Smart TV, June 20, 2011
My only criticism is that the remote cannot be programmed except for other Samsung products. In particular, you cannot program simple cable box commands into it

5.0 out of 5 stars 2011 Samsung 8000 3D LED HDTV, June 6, 2011
M. OBRIEN (ACTON, MA, US) - See all my reviews
Strikingly good 2D picture quality. I have never seen black so black. I have not tried the 3D mode yet, but if it is as good as the 2D, it will be great.

Set-up and web connection was easy, although I am not impressed with most of the "Smart TV" content. The web browser does not work with many of my favorite websites. The QWERTY keyboard is a little hard to use and the bluetooth pairing required that the keyboard be held within 5-inches of the TV. This was not mentioned anywhere in the user manual.

Also, the code that would allow the TV off/on function with my A/V receiver remote cannot be found. Samsung says it is the A/V manufacturer's problem, and they say it's Samsungs. Go figure.

5.0 out of 5 stars colors pop, March 23, 2011
i just recently got this tv from frys and its so lightweight compared to a regular lcd, led tv the colors on this are beautiful, really brings out the quality of the picture especially hd. 3d is average after a bit i did get a bit of a headache because its only refreshing 240 times per second. if u want 3d thats really good i suggest a plasma cuz of their 600 sub field refresh rate but overall the samsung is a great tv

‹ Previous | 136 37 3856 | Next ›