Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Samsung UN46D8000 46-Inch 1080p 240Hz 3D LED HDTV (Silver) (2011 Model)
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on July 17, 2011
Everything is perfect on this TV. Very impressive HD quality.
I was worried about the glossy screen reflecting the light in my room - but I am pleasantly surprised that it is not an issue. I highly recommend this TV - and a great deal on Amazon.com
on January 9, 2012
If you do a little research online you can find the answer to a lot of your viewing issues you may face using this Tv. The look of this Tv is 2nd to none! almost zero bezel and razor thin, it hangs like a painting on my wall!
on June 14, 2014
We purchased the TV in December 2011. It's a great TV and we've never had an issue. We are still enjoying it!
on December 2, 2011
I bought this TV at Crutchfield and there is no driver for PC linkup. I did not call Samsung, but other posts around the web have and complain about this when the OS is Vista 32 and 64 bit OS. Samsung, according to other posts, have no clue.Samsung at first responded it was not designed to work with 64 bit system but when it failed to work with 32 bit system they failed to respond with good information as in "shrug". I know first hand the driver is missing and each time I turn on my TV the "detect new hardware" note pops up on my PC (wireless to the TV) and asks for the driver. The driver is not available. BUMMER. Bad Samsung.I will rate 5 stars when Samsung fixes these bad features because it is an excellent TV with problems tho. Samsung also dropped the ball on the Amazon app as I suppose everybody knows by now. I will not buy Samsung again unless they mend their ways. Sales reps should be aware and notify customers of these issues/shortcomings. BAD SAMSUNG.
on December 18, 2011
The purchase experience through Amazon was excellent, the product arrived in perfect condition and it arrived on time.

I am very satisfied with the Samsung LED TV however Samsung need to spend more time on the Smart Hub application, it does not support NTFS partition and its not user friendly, I thought I will use the Smart Hub application ( Allshare ) before I purchased the TV however once I spent some time trying to configure it to connect to my PC I gave up and I don't use it at all. Customer support is good, I called a few times, when configuring the Smart Hub ( Allshare ), they were very responsive and helpful.

Dmitri - NY
on November 22, 2011
Pros:
- Clear picture
- Easy to use Menus
- Ample connections
- Energy Savings
- 3D Mode up mix for 2D Programs
- Ultra light weight (I easily carried it in by myself, in full box.)

Cons:
- Web Apps are slow to respond
- Remote has to be pointed directly at the TV to function. (Bluetooth remote you would think would work at any angle.)

Personally the little Cons I listed above are more annoying than anything but I am not going to subtract that from the overall experience with this TV, I love everything it can do.
Playing my Xbox 360, PS3, even watching HD Cable shows on this tv are a very enjoyable experience.

3D mode on this TV with the glasses that come with it is a very enjoyable experience. As of this review I have watched the following movies in 3D mode:
- Tron Legacy 3D
- Lion King 3D
- How to Train your Dragon *2D Blueray up mix to 3D Mode*

I can honestly say even if the show was not programed for 3D it does show more depth and gives a deeper feel to the show / movie.

Game play from 2D to 3D mode also has been a real enjoyable thing to experience.
Assassins Creed Brotherhood in 2D to 3D mode has been awesome.
Pain in 2D to 3D and even the full 3D modes are both extremely fun.

Even connecting my laptop via HDMI to this screen to watch Streaming HD Anime has been great.
Bleach in super sized HD is great.
on September 15, 2011
Greeat clarity and the sound quality is very good considering that I do not use any extra speakers.

Watching parades, sports events, and other things on hd channels is a real pleaure and almost looks 3 dimensional because of the clarity.
on January 1, 2012
After unboxing the tv, everything was as it should be, glasses, movies, remote, etc...

I had then continued to set the tv up. Turned the tv on and the settings were okay out of the box, for me I had alot of tweaking to do. Samsungs smarthub interface works great and is user friendly, besides their web browser (WORST). Two days into having the tv on its stand I realized that from the side the tv was curved, looking warped. I had read other reviews on this tv and it all began to make sense. The size and weight of tv does not conform with Samsung's new "X" stand. The tv is SUPPOSED to be wall mounted. Well my question is, What if I do not want to wall mount it?

Obviously this may not have happened to everyone, but a tv should not begin to warp after two days of using its stand. Besides the warping I was not too impressed with Samsung's 3D settings, they sort of felt weak and blurry. Watching regular tv seemed to work out, I'd give that a 4/5 and watching Blu-Ray on it was outstanding 5/5. As with a majority of led tv's you get that light leaking from the seams of the tv. In this Samsung model it leaks from the four corners, mine specifically was leaking more from the right side. Overall its a beautiful looking tv, after getting it replaced from Amazon (Great Customer Service!) besides those flaws it is a good tv.
on September 30, 2011
I just received an UN46D8000 with its PANEL BENT on one side. In cross section, one of the short sides -- supposed to be straight -- looks like a boomerang making an angle of about 175°. Interestingly, the box shows no visible damage. However, the defect became apparent immediately when I glanced down the panel as I intended to lift it out of the box. It seems that some brute force has destroyed what great minds have intelligently engineered and manufactured. This will be a test for Amazon's return/replacement system.

Update: The damaged monitor had been delivered on a Friday. Amazon did an outstanding job in handling this problem and had the replacement delivered already on the following Monday (picking up the defect one at the same time). I am highly impressed with the image quality, and this is the reason for my rating this TV with 5 stars. The image is perfectly sharp, with intense colors and excellent contrast, showing high brightness and deep blacks. Also, it shows notably less motion blur than an older monitor I have. The 3D functionality is impressive and the included glasses work very well. Somewhat disappointing are the apps (applications) that come with this system. The preinstalled apps as well as those that are presently available for download are not comparable with what you can have e.g. on an iPhone regarding both quality and variety. For example, I have yet to figure out how to type in text into the search field of the YouTube application, rather than clicking letters on the displayed keyboard with the mouse pointer. However, this functionality is not particularly important to me. What bothers me more is that there seems to be no way to play slides on a USB stick in random order. For Windows computers, Samsung provides a "PC Share Manager", however WiFi data transfer presently does not seem to work with Apple OS X.
on June 2, 2012
This is a great TV and I wouldn't have bought anything else. This is last year's model, 2011, and the only difference is that the new one has voice and movement recognition (I believe). I personally hate having to say something or wave my hands around which is why I got this one. 3D is cool with glasses that connect to the TV and the remote is double sided with a keyboard (which won't work for all apps, but is still cool). Best TV out there.