1,121 Reviews

(((EDIT: The title said matte screen before. I guess it's more of a semi-gloss, but definitely less glossy than a full gloss screen.)))

I'm using this as a computer monitor, not so much as a TV, but I do watch a lot of Blu-Rays and TV shows on Netflix.

Published 15 months ago by U Lala

2.0 out of 5 stars Great screen, Smart TV awful
UPDATE: Audio issues started to creep up with all apps regardless of settings. I have since returned this TV and got a Panasonic Plasma + Roku.

Published 14 months ago by Charles

5.0 out of 5 stars (EDIT: SEMI GLOSS), super clean picture, accurate color after calibration!, June 10, 2013
U Lala (Orange County, CA - USA) - See all my reviews

I just upgraded to a larger living room, and my old Samsung 46" CCFL-backlit LCD did not cut it. I couldn't even read the text on the screen when browsing the web. So I drew up some diagrams, did some trigonometry, and decided that I needed at least a 60 or 65" TV. Being out of the TV market for several years, I didn't keep up with all the new features and marketing lingo, so I visited a few big box stores to get information on what all of this new "Smart" features, CMR, micro-dimming, etc. Turns out CMR is just a combined rating of processor speed, micro-dimming, dynamic contrast, and other various stuff. Apparently micro-dimming on Samsungs is all software. Why? Because these babies are all edge-lit. They don't have "real" local dimming, only "fake" local dimming. That guy working at best buy telling me he could tell the difference between the non-fake microdimming and fake microdimming screen? Ridiculous. All that fancier faster processor does to get you the higher CMRs is make the fake microdimming and automotion plus feature work better. I'm the type of guy who turns this stuff off completely.

The 6300 doesn't come with the smart remote, which is a bummer because I rather liked that feature. But I wasn't going to pay 400 extra to get the next model up just to have the remote. In fact, I like the 6300 model more than the 6400, 7100, 7500, or 8000 because of the matte screen. I have a window right behind me, and from various angles other windows coming from the sides, so not having nasty reflections on black screens (or anything that happens to be black on the screen) is a big deal to me. I just don't like seeing my own face in the middle of a movie.

The menus are very slow, and you have to point the remote directly at the TV, or it will not register your button pressing.

From consumer reports, I'm told that these LED-backlit models don't have great viewing angle. I disagree. There seems to be very little distortion at 45 degrees away from center.

I don't like my color settings to be vivid, natural, dark, bright, contrasty, dim, or anything other than "accurate." So, I googled some calibration settings to 6500K, and after going through that process the picture was... pretty darn good. In case anyone was interested, they are posted below. "Movie mode" apparently changes the color temperature model / white balance mode to 6500K, and from there you can adjust the other settings.

Compared to the high end Panasonic Viera plasmas, this LED-backlit model seems much brighter. Compared to the Sonys, it seemed to have fewer artifacts. Compared to the LGs, it didn't have as much reflection. Or maybe I'm just biased.

Oh, also apparently this 65" model only uses about 82 watts. I haven't verified this with my meter yet, but my old 46" used about 150 watts. Wow...

Picture Mode Movie
Picture Options
Color Tone Warm2
Digital Noise Filter Off
MPEG Noise Filter Off
HDMI Black Level Normal (Low if available)
Film Mode Off

G-Gain 22
B-Gain 21
Screen Adjustment
Picture Size Screen Fit

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung makes great TV's that are best in their class.,, November 28, 2013
This review is from: Samsung UN46F6300 46-Inch 1080p 120Hz Slim Smart LED HDTV (2013 Model) (Electronics)
Samsung makes great TV's that surpass every other manufacturer in their class. I have two Samsung's in my house and I can tell you the image is beautiful. This TV has an LED screen and in my opinion this the way to go (LED is similar to LCD its back-lit better so that they are no dark spots on the screen).

Now add in that this TV can directly connect to the internet and I'm sold. TV's of this class have never been cheaper.

One thing that I have found with TV's that its very important to actually look at the TV in person. Now when you look at the TV's, go to a place like Walmart to see them, because many times specialty stores like Best Buy play with the lighting controls on the TV and in the store to skew the image to there advantage. Once you look at the TV simply look and decide which one looks better to you.

The next step to take into consideration is features. Here are a few that come with this TV:

This Samsung comes with Auto Volume which automatically adjusts the volume of the desired channel, lowering the sound output when the modulation signal is high or raising the sound output when the modulation signal is low. This reduces the difference in volume when changing channels. The Auto Volume feature can be set to Normal, Night or Off.

As far as outputs most of these TV's will come with more than enough Inputs and Outputs. This TV comes with 4 HDMI Audio/Video In, 1 Ethernet LAN In/Out, 1 RCA Component Audio/Video In amd 1 Digital Coaxial Audio Out.

Next thing when shopping for a TV is in box technology. Here are some of the features of this TV:

With this Smart HDTV there is a full web browser with WiFi built-in apps made for TV. Some of the apps this TV features is Hulu Plus, YouTube, Netflix, Facebook, and Twitter. Browse the web while you watch movies and TV shows, and enjoy TV while you chat with friends and family online, all on one screen with this Samsung.

Thank you for reading my review, if you have any questions feel free to email me, I would be happy to help you with any questions you have.

5.0 out of 5 stars CONSOLE GAMERS!!! this is the PERFECT TV!, August 15, 2013
This is my first review on Amazon and I normally dont do this, but I feel compelled to write one because most of the reviews on this fabulous TV are missing a key Demographic...GAMERS!!! Skip down to the 2nd paragraph for gaming if you dont want to real this background paragraph. To start off, I purchased the Samsung UN46F6300 46 inch LED TV solely for the purpose of Video gaming, but also for streaming Netflix and Cable TV. With the new XBOX One coming out I knew I had to upgrade from my Dynex 40 Inch LCD TV I purchased before I went away to school in 2009. I did a lot of research and was split on buying an LED TV that was either 120 HZ refresh rate or 240 HZ. After learning that the human eye can barely tell the difference between 120 HZ and 240 HZ I decided to go with 120 HZ because its cheaper and the technology is better developed than 240 HZ. Long story short, I researched brands endlessly looking for that "flawless" TV, and came to the conclusion that my first LED TV is going to be a Samsung. I was then split between the Samsung UN46F6300 (this model) and the Samsung UN46F6400 which is the 3D version with 480 Clear motion rate. After consulting on CNET, my most trusted electronic website, there is no difference between 240 CMR and 480 CMR because they both have an 120 HZ refresh panel. Thus, the decision was made, and Ive been mind blown ever since.

GAMERS, This is dedicated for you since no other review gives a good description for gaming and this is what I was looking for when researching for TVs. Let me start off to say that this TV does require some fine tuning with the picture to give you that perfect clear, crisp look Let me also point out that there is NO MOTION BLUR which fascinates me because it gives you that lifelike realistic picture. Everyone is different so I suggest you play with the vast amount of picture options to best suit your needs. I highly, highly! recommend turning the game mode on if you plan on playing online multiplayer because the input lag is right at 30 millaseconds (MS), which is top tier. Why does this matter? Say your playing Call of Duty Black Ops 2 and all the sudden you see a guy and you pull the trigger. you unload endless rounds of your Lsat into him but he shoots two rounds from his MP7 and kills you....HUH?? this is because of input lag. While your gaming console instantly registered the trigger pull (shots), it took the TV MS to recieve the game's actions, IE: you being shot at. so even though it seemed like he only shot 2 rounds he actually shot more, but since your tv is running difference processes it slows down its processing speed, thus causing input lag. so ideally you want a TV with low MS as possible for gaming. with game mode turned OFF, this TV is running at about 120 MS so, you only need to turn the game mode on when your playing online. TO ACCESS GAME MODE: press the MENU button, select setup, then select GENERAL. Game mode will be on the top and you can turn it ON/OFF. Then adjust your Picture settings accordingly! When I am playing a single player game on xbox 360, (skyrim, mass effect) I am truly amazed by the graphics this TV produces. This picture is on par with the graphics of games shown at E3. I expected it to be good, but not this good! Again it does require some fine tuning.

I have read some reviews on the smart features and have noticed a slightly unhappy trend with the functionality. My wireless router is the next room so I havent had a single problem connecting or bad picture quality when streaming on Netflix and Youtube.

In Summary, if your looking for a great all around LED TV specifically for gaming, this is your winner. you will not be disappointed. Please read the other great reviews for better detail on the picture, sound, smart tv functions. Thanks!

*12/6/13 UPDATE*

Ok now that I have the Xbox one (the reason I purchased this tv), playing battlefield 4 on this tv is visually Breath taking. The graphics fantastic. I have spent a couple months tweaking my display settings on this tv so If you would like my calibration settings for this tv on game mode let me know! It's been about 4 months now and not a single issue with this tv! The wifi connection still works great, the apps function properly (netflix), and I cannot repeat enough about the fantastic picture quality! I would recommend to Samsung a better TV remote though, the numbers/letters on the buttons are beginning to fade. Please feel free to ask questions, I'll try to respond quickly!

2.0 out of 5 stars Great screen, Smart TV awful, July 20, 2013

To address posts about it being my connection, I have 25mbps down, none of my other devices had the issue, am not using any receiver to pass through, and the problems disappeared when I started using a Roku instead (imagine that?). I am not the only one that had Smart TV issues with this. It could have been a bad TV but I wasn't going to gamble on another one.

I got this TV because of the pretty good reviews. LED, Smart TV, and 46 inches.

If you are here looking for why I gave this 2 stars: If you are like me and wanting this TV to be an all in one stop shop for streaming video instead of a set top box (Roku, GTV, ATV) DO NOT PURCHASE THIS.

The picture is great; colors, blacks, everything. The 240hz motion view thing is interesting, it really makes things look smooth, but it's really odd looking. It gives everything a soap opera-ey effect. However, looks nice for animated shows.

My biggest gripe is the Smart TV portion, which is one of the main reasons I bought this TV.
It has Netflix, Amazon Video, Plex, pretty much the main 3 things I want. Perfect, and dual core, should have no issues! I figured I'd get this instead of a lower model without Smart and similar features and pair it with a Roku. Mistake.

I have come to the conclusion that either the TV's processor cannot handle 1080P AT ALL (What Netflix labels as SUPER HD) streaming or there's some sort of software issue with the apps. The Netflix app is one of the bigger culprits. The audio is out of sync most of the time. The sound will also cut out randomly for anywhere to 2 seconds to minutes, the picture will continue to go but no audio. Doesn't matter wired or wireless, same result. Non-HD will play just fine, although it's a waste of potential given this is a 1080P screen. Googled it to find it to be a common issue, sadly. Which I honestly can't believe considering it's not hard to playback HD video in this day and age (Come on, my phone can do 1080P). This is what I'd expect from a Pentium 4 processor.

However, after more thorough testing I have discovered that the 5.1 sound on Netflix is the culprit of the audio issue. The only work around I have found is changing the sound to Stereo, manually. Also you cannot change your default audio, it defaults to 5.1 for anything that has it. You will have to change it per video or if you exit out of the app, you will have to change it again. On Netflix's site it does list 5.1 as supported for this model, but for some reason this Samsung TV has trouble with it. Although this is a work around, it's a pain in the butt to have to change it constantly for something that should work.

EDIT 8/2/2013: After trying other shows for a while, I have discovered it's not just the 5.1 sound channel. I have started to get the issue on a lot of different Netflix TV series even with the Stereo audio channel. I have returned this TV.

I've tried everything there is from Wired to Wireless, updating firmware on both the TV and router. All my other devices have no trouble streaming, just this, but figured on being thorough. In other words the primary reason for getting this was pointless.

Also one of the parts I find that sucks about the Smart TV is: if you power off the device and power it back on, it will not go to the last place you were at. In other words if you were on Instant Video watching a video, then power off you will have to start out at the channel screen. Then you have to go back into Smart Hub, back to Amazon Video, Find the video, resume playing.

Which brings me to my next gripe, the speed of the apps. The process I just said [Amazon Video from channel screen] took (I timed, 1 minute 5 seconds). Netflix App is a little faster, but doesn't work properly so it doesn't matter. All in all I should of saved myself a lot of money by getting a lesser model with a Roku. Contemplating sending it back, but it's such a huge hassle with such a large item. I guess I'll decide this week. I hate to say it but this is sort of a disappointment.

TLDR; The TV has potential, but due to the current state of the apps/hardware, it's just not worth the money.

[Also a side note I just discovered: the Plex App does not support such things such as internal MKV subtitles (only basic external ones), which negates a lot of my library.
EDIT: After talking with the Plex Samsung developer you have to enable 'Force local transcoding' and 'force subtitle transcode' to get this to work.]

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't listen to the "Negative Nelly" reviews!, December 8, 2013
I bought this tv roughly 3 weeks ago and I LOVE IT! Now, let me first say, that *frankly* I was nervous about buying it. I initially read one or two very positive reviews and I thought, " Ok, sounds great! For $550 bucks, a new Smart TV, insanely sharp picture....I'm in!" THEN, after I ordered it, I started reading more reviews. A lot of crummy ones! So, then I started second guessing myself thinking, "Oh no. What have I just done. Crap! Maybe I should cancel the order. There's still time. It won't ship for at least a few hours (or more.)" So, I started looking at similar 40 inch flat screens, and this is what I came up with. At the end of the day, the other tv's of similar features were $100-400 more expensive than this Samsung and it seemed to do everything I wanted it to do.

The seeds of doubt that were planted in my head (all untrue, by the way as I will explain) by other reviews on the tv were this:

1) This tv is not an "all-in one, one stop shop" for streaming, roku, etc...
2) The sound is terrible! It's not loud enough, it doesn't produce theater or surround sound, etc...
3) The streaming is terrible! Slow to load apps, you have to start over after you close out of an app, you still need a Roku even if you buy this

These were all concerns that I had once I ordered it. But, I am also the queen of second guessing myself and over thinking stuff. So, I came to the conculsion, "Look, just order the tv. even if it doesn't do a THING, for $550 and FREE SHIPPING, you can't go wrong!" You'll at least get a killer picture. And let me say, I am SO GLAD, I got it! Here is what I found about the other issues other people have raised:

1) I do not believe that the tv description purports itself to be a substitute for Roku or Apple TV. It has goodness, at least 20 apps or more that you can use: Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu Plus, MSNBC, facebook, twitter, and a bunch of other apps that I don't care about really. I just ordered an Apple TV because I like the idea of streaming my computer onto the tv. Here's why: I am a huge Project Runway fan. You can download the Lifetime app and watch the episodes on the app, or watch on the computer. Which even with a subscription of $8 a month with Hulu, you can't watch Project Runway. So that has nothing to do with the Samsung TV. Even ABC.com, why pay $8 a month with Hulu to watch shows on ABC or NBC (that's $96 a year) when you can watch it for free on abc.com. So if you stream it onto the TV from your computer with an Apple TV, it justifies your purchase of the appletv ( I paid $84 through Amazon on Black Friday.) If you have Directv or something else like that, this tv is a great compliment to it. One way or anther if you want a lot of choice with your tv, you will pay extra for it one way or another. Whether it's paying for Directv, buying an apple tv or a roku, paying for shows through Amazon Prime, iTunes, or pay for a subscription with netflix or Hulu plus. I really don't want that much more than cartoons for my kids, rent new movie releases, American Idol, the Voice, and Netflix. And for that, this tv is PERFECT.

2) The sound is fantastic. It is VERY loud when you take the volume to full blast. The neighbors would be able to hear my tv if I had the windows open. I suppose if you want the walls to rattle and have a massive house and want to hear it from all rooms, then yes, perhaps you should invest in a stereo system to create the surround sound/movie theater experience. But again, for $550 what do you expect? Sitting right in front of the tv on my couch, I listen to it at about 1/3 of what the volume can go to.

3) The streaming is terrible. The sound doesn't match up to the picture on Netflix. I don't know what that guys problem was, but the sound is perfect and the picture is crystal clear perfect. I wasn't quite sure what he meant about the picture looking "soap-opera-ery)" until I got the tv, and now I know what he means. Prior to buying this tv, I had a Panasonic flat screen from 7 years ago. I thought I had a good picture until I got this tv. Basically, the picture is so crisp and clear, that it almost seems like the video production of the show seems "cheap." (and I am referring to watching Breaking Bad on Netflix) It is nuts how sharp the picture is. I could see fuzz on the top of the character's shoulder of his lab jump suit. It's like you are looking at a photograph it is so sharp.
Also, it has never taken a minute for the app to load. I think it loads just fine. Like normal. It isn't any slower than using Netflix on a tablet or the computer. And furthermore, the fact that that guy was mad that he had to start all over and find the show he wants on Prime, good grief. Prime should fix their app then, it's not the tv. Even if you paused a movie on Directv that you had recorded, it will ultimately time out and you have to go back into your list, find the show, and push play again.

The conclusion to this review is that it is a GREAT TV for the money. It does EVERYTHING it claims it does, and no problems. I called customer service a few times for help setting it up and a password problem I was having with Netflix and everything got resolved quickly and easily. They are so happy to help, and gave great service. It is sad when people are looking for problems and a reason to bag on a product or expect it to do everything in the world but cook their food, and then get on the computer and give a crappy review and freak a ton of people out who would have otherwise bought the tv and been very happy. I am glad that I didn't listen to the negative critics and bought the tv.

5.0 out of 5 stars Review includes help for network issues, October 11, 2013
First, the screen is glossy. Anyone buying this set should know that. If you have a very well lit room, natural or artificial, glare may be an issue. Most people buying this set (including myself) are or should be aware of this. As such, there is no point deduction for the glossy screen. Which by the way renders very beautiful and crisp images.

Second, the Samsung UN55F6300 (likely all 6300 class Samsung's) is complex. Essentially you have a computer inside the set, which is able to run an app store, applications, and various functions (including a browser, support for keyboards, mice, etc) which often is associated with a computer of some sort (laptop, tablet, PC). The computer is not very fast, it has a graphical interface, and works well for the functions it provides. Total storage for apps and data seems to be about 1.5 GB, which I'm guessing is something like you'd find in a memory stick. It is fast, and lasts across power cycles, even if unplugged, the memory remains in tact.

Associated with your Samsung smart TV will be an account on Samsung, to enable loading, and potentially purchasing apps. Also to register your product for warranty coverage. The set has great Wi-Fi and wired Ethernet capability. Generally I prefer wired, but the wireless features on this set are strong.

Applications include Amazon streaming, Amazon cloud player, Netflix, Hulu Plus, YouTube, a media player, a plex interface, DLNA, and many other functions. Many news stations (mostly local Fox stations seem to have apps at the Samsung store, this gives news shorts from various larger cities).

Special note about the Amazon app, it is the best Smart TV Amazon app I have come across yet. My smart TV's include 2013 and 2012 Panasonic sets, a 2011 LG, and an older 2010 Vizio smart set. The Samsung Amazon app, lets me look at my Amazon watchlist and also lets me see recently viewed content. This makes the Amazon interface on Samsung very friendly, the watchlist functions as a favorites, the recently viewed lets me finish stuff later without having to search for it.

There is a sophisticated interface with DirecTV, which while interesting, I elected to ignore. As learning to use Samsung's interpretation of the DirecTV video guide seemed like spending energy for little benefit (other than having a single remote for both, which doesn't really run DirecTV DVR's well). There is an extension cable which connects to the back of the set, and can transmit IR signals to a set top box (satellite, cable or other). Some may find this very useful, others not, though it's nice to have.

Set up out of the box, is relatively easy. A large area to place the set face down (I used a bed) and to attach the stand was very easy. 4 screws to attach the base to the mount, and 4 screws to attach the mount to the back of the set. The remote uses 2 AAA batteries which are included (alkaline).

On initial set up the set will likely want to run an update after network connectivity is established, this can take a while. I did this as it seemed reasonable, just be prepared to wait a few minutes. The set lets you set up an account at the Samsung Smart Hub store, I advise against this as the password rules at the store (via a web device) are different from the rules on the Samsung web site (the set lets you use 6 letter passwords, the web based Samsung Smart Hub store requires 8 letter or more passwords, and only works with 8 letter or longer passwords).

The remote is a bit small, people with large hands may find it a bit difficult at first. After a while, even with large hands it was easy to get used to. It's a bit long, and narrow, buttons are somewhat close together. The remote has a backlight capability, which is helpful in a dark room, though it could be a bit brighter for my taste.

Overall, I'm very pleased, the set is thin, light weight, has a great base, fantastic display, and many smart capabilities. If there were one downside it would be the bundled speakers are a bit weak, somewhat weaker than other sets I've used (Vizio, LG, Olivia, and others). The set has many preferences for color, light intensity, and various "eco" features, many forums discuss combinations of settings and features which work well together.

****

The above is my review of the set, and is intended for most viewers. A coda is being included for those who use Vizio or Amazon support.

When I first connected my set, my network setup was successful, it indicated full Internet connectivity was functioning. It was possible to install firmware updates, the browser worked, I was able to order free apps from the Smart Hub store, and all seemed well.

Unfortunately it was not. When attempting to launch any app (except for the browser and Smart Hub apps) the set returned "Network error_code_02). Which is a bit cryptic. I later found this isn't directly a network error, it indicates an app which was purchased and has an icon on my set, hasn't yet been installed.

This caused me to try Samsung Tier 1 support. Tier 1 was nice, friendly, and sounded as if she was based in the United States. She basically went through set up several times, tried to assure I was connected to Internet, and was unable to solve my connectivity issue or tell me what error_code_02 was.

Later, I called Amazon support, which offers 30 days of support for new TV customers. Amazon support was if anything more enthusiastic about helping me than Samsung, and was slightly more knowledgeable than Samsung tier 1 support, however they were unable to help directly. However Amazon got me in touch with Samsung remote support.

Newer Samsung sets, have an ability to allow Samsung representatives to come into your set. An 8 digit code is generated when you enable remote access, you must provide this to Samsung remote support and they can operate your TV remotely as if they were in the room. Note, it appears if you have video, they can see and hear what is in front of the set. Be careful to not have anything you wouldn't want a stranger to see in front of the set.

The remote support gentleman from Samsung was the most knowledgeable and helpful about this set. This shouldn't be a surprise. He ran the same set up / initialization Samsung Tier 1 and Amazon support had me do. He had me try wireless, and various access points.

He indicated his speed test indicated my TV was connecting to the Smart Hub server at less than 1 megabit per second, which he said was too slow to stream. He eventually thought the problem was related to my router configuration, and suggested opening ports on the router.

I'm not a fan of opening my firewall or NAT via fixed rules. My router was an ASUS RT-16 running Tomato USB firmware (a Linux variant). I've never had to open up any ports for any product before, we have tablets, smart phones, Xbox 360's, PS3's, PC's and other smart TV's, IP cameras and other things which have never required ports to be opened and directly routed to the set.

In desperation I tried to connect my TV via a router feature called DMZ, and the TV still couldn't connect to the Samsung Smart Hub to install apps.

This surprised me, as DMZ (sometimes called demilitarized zone) usually sends all internet traffic not directly handled by the router's NAT to the DMZ device. As such, I was hoping the set would operate as if directly connected to my cable modem.

When DMZ failed, a long Cat 6 cable was used to directly connect my Samsung TV to the home cable modem. This cut out all other internet in our home, but gave me a chance to see how the set would work without any router in the way.

Surprisingly once my router was out of the way, my Samsung set worked fine. Everything zoomed through. This of course meant there was a problem with my router.

Later on a router forum, I discussed this, and it is possible some routers with a feature called stateful packet inspection (abbreviated as SPI), may have issues when some flags are used on packets. The issues cause errors either in SPI or in error checking that can cause good packets to be marked as bad. Bad packets or SPI violative packets are rejected by the router. A trace of the communication was provided on the forum, and it appears my router was rejecting packets from Samsung's Smart Hub server.

I tried a different router (TP-LINK TL-WDR3600), running different firmware (DD-WRT) and my Samsung UN55F6300 had no issues with the Smart Hub service, it was able to install, and uninstall, and easily use the Smart Hub function without issue behind my router.

Samsung and Amazon were unable to diagnose my router issue, Samsung indicated my speed to their server was under 1 megabit, but it was probably zero bits per second. Samsung left me, saying that eventually the apps would load (neither Samsung or Amazon were able to determine there was an issue with my router, or what it was). This indicates the tools Samsung provides remote support, while strong, can be misleading at times.

My belief is Samsung and Amazon are trying, but Internet communication is complex, and it is probably beyond the scope of most normal support folks.

In conclusion, my belief, is some people will have network issues caused by router or switch hardware / software that vendors like Samsung will not always be able to resolve. In such cases, the Samsung product itself may not be defective, but customers may not have the ability to determine the nature of a network problem, or to resolve it.

I hope this helps someone who has network issues with a smart TV in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it., November 19, 2013
I have yet to find a flaw with this TV - absolutely stunning picture, better than expected sound (soundbar still a good move), and great price/delivery as usual with Amazon. Would be nice to have a backlit remote but if that is the only complaint I can surface after two weeks of use, that is pretty darn good!

5.0 out of 5 stars New Model So Far So Good, April 20, 2013
Got the 60 inch UN60F6300 delivered yesterday. So far we are very happy with this tv. Nice picture. Smart features working well. Was easy to set up remote to work Directv box and Samsung sound bar(has the HDMI ARC so bar actually works via HDMI). Would recommend tv. Will update if any problems arise.

Update: 4/24/2013: Streaming works fine on my tv. I streamed a movie off of Amazon Instant video. No lag at all. I have had no problems streaming Pandora or You tube. Everything streams fine. No complaints.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Picture, Terrible Smarts, July 1, 2013
On the good side, the picture was very good.
On the bad side, the WiFi connection was terrible. The first one I ordered through Amazon could not remember my router password. Every time I turned the TV on, it told me that I was not connected to the internet. I had to go through the same process of reconnecting to the internet by entering my router password. When watching a movie through the internet, it would lose it's internet connection several times, meaning I had to go through the connection process again and again. Since Samsung phone support was unable to determine the cause of the problem, they set me up with an appointment with a Samsung service technician. After fiddling with the TV for a while he told me I needed a new WiFi card and new computer board. I called Amazon and had them pick this TV up and deliver another one (same model). It had the very same issues with the WiFi connection/disconnection. At that point I gave up. I had Amazon pick up this second TV and ordered an LG Smart TV. It works great, has a good picture and is "smart" enough to remember my password. I have not been disconnected from the internet yet, and have not been asked to reenter my password since I first configured it. If you plan on using the internet with your TV, I would definitely stay away from Samsung until they get this problem fixed! I did see that other reviewers had the same issue with the internet connection, but unfortunately I did not take heed when I decided on ordering the Samsung. It taught me to look more critically at the reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow for Amazon, eh for Samsung Service, September 6, 2013
So originally, I purchased this TV August 22, 2013. TV arrived August 28 because the company that delivers only came by my area Mon, Wed and Fri. I thought it was supposed to be white glove delivery, take it out of the box, test the TV to see if it worked, but I guess these guys didn't want to do that. Anyways, I didn't have time to set the TV up until Friday, the 30th, had it up on the wall and everything, went to turn it on, neither of the HDMI inputs worked, aww wtheck?! Called up Amazon hotline to troubleshoot. Spoke to Jeff to troubleshoot, nothing worked so he transferred me over to Samsung's Service Department. Spoke to their representative and they told me they couldn't get a tech out to me till the following Friday...I bought a brand new TV and it needs to be serviced?! Before Jeff transferred me over he told me he would call me in 1 to 2 hours to see if everything was resolved, he called back as promised, and he did what Samsung should have done, he offered to have the TV replaced because no one pays that much money for a broken TV. When the new TV arrived, these guys actually took it out of the box and tested the TV to make sure it worked.

Now onto the TV itself. TV is perfect, at first I debated if I wanted to go with Sony, LG, or even Sharp. Went to one of the big box stores to compare in person, I was always led back to Samsung, the color and picture is so much better than any other brand. I didn't have the need for 3D because I always get headaches when watching 3D, but I liked the Smart feature even though I do have a PS3. Found out the remote can be used with an AV Receiver which means I can sell my Logitech Harmony 990, I like the 990 and all but it's a little slow, battery life stinks and doesn't work with Mac, I always had to run bootcamp to run Windows to load new products. Gaming on this TV is great, no ghosting, runs perfect. Googled some sites to help adjust the TV settings and color, now I'm thinking about whether or not I want professional calibration .

Rate and Discover Movies