- Free 60-Day Tech Support: This item is eligible for FREE Tech Support for 60 days from the date of delivery. Over the phone, our trained technicians can help you set up, configure, connect, and troubleshoot so you can start enjoying your new purchase. Owners of qualifying products can reach Tech Support by selecting your product on the Contact Us page. Learn more
Samsung UN55C6500 55-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LED HDTV (Black) (2010 Model)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
From the Manufacturer
What do you get when you combine Internet@TV with 120Hz Clear Motion Rate technology? The Samsung LED 6500. Get the best of the web, right on your HDTV, with downloadable and customizable widgets – and coming soon, Samsung apps. Connect to friends, share pictures, shop online and more. Samsung’s 120Hz Clear Motion Rate technology delivers smooth, natural action in every scene. Samsung LED backlighting technology and advanced processing deliver a picture with an exceptionally large range of contrast and color, making images appear more lifelike. And the 6500 is as beautiful as it is functional, with a design that complements virtually any room in the house..
Stunning at only 1.1 inch deep – includes tuner (no external transceiver box).
- Screen Size: 55 inches
- Full 1080p HD resolution: Enjoy the powerful picture quality, vivid colors and stunning clarity of Full HD 1080p resolution.
- 120 Hz Clear Motion Rate: Samsung 120 Hz technology allows you to see fast action with a smoothness thats clearly ahead of the competition.
- Ultra Slim Design: Stunning ultra slim depth – includes tuner (no external transceiver box).
- Ultra Clear Panel: Advanced technology lets you enjoy crisp image details, natural skin tones, excellent shadow detail, and vibrant colors.
- Touch of Color: Exclusive Stone Black Touch of Color design combines texture and color that can complement any room.
- ConnectShare Movie: Connect a thumb drive or digital camera quickly and easily. User-friendly interface allows access to videos, a music playlist and pictures via the remote.
- SAMSUNG SMART TV: Connect to an ever-expanding portal of your favorite digital content. Customizable widgets give you access to
BLOCKBUSTER, Facebook, YouTube, Flickr, Amazon Instant Video and more – all on your HDTV.
- Exceeds ENERGY STAR Standards: LED Energy Efficient, up to 50% less than the latest ENERGY STAR specification depending on series and screen size in standard mode.
- Game Mode enhances dark areas, sharpens the picture, speeds up the image processing response and enhances the sounds of your games. Picture and sound quality optimized for the special needs of gaming systems at the touch of a button.
- Wide Color Enhancer Pro delivers the entire spectrum of color and luminance for rich, saturated images with intense detail.
- AllShare: Sync up your entire household. A wired or wireless DLNA connection lets you stream your PC audio and video files to your HDTV using your remote.
- 10 Watts x 2 audio power stereo broadcast reception: Supports multichannel sound (MTS)and second audio program (SAP) with 181-channel capacity.
- DNSe: Delivers high-quality sound with more natural effects than conventional methods by reproducing the "genuine" stereo sound.
- Warranty: 1 year parts and 1 year labor warranty (90 days parts and labor for commercial use), backed by Samsung toll-free support.
- Swivel Stand
- 4 HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) version 1.3:
3 back, 1 side
HDMI makes it easy to connect your home theater with one cable per component.
- Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC): Allows peripheral AV devices such as a DVD player to be controlled by a Samsung TV remote control.
- USB: 2 back
- Component video input: 1 back
- Optical sound output: 1 back
- PC input: 1 back
- Ethernet: 1 back
- TV without stand: 50.5 x 30.4 x 1.1 inches (WxHxD); 44.8 pounds
- TV with stand: 50.5 x 32.8 x 10.5 inches (WxHxD); 49.8 pounds
- What size TV should you get?
- 2010 LinkStick: Connect wirelessly to a world of digital content from Samsung. The LinkStick wireless LAN adaptor eliminates the hassle and cluttered look of wires. Learn more about the Samsung WIS09ABGN LinkStick Wireless LAN Adapter.
|Delivers the entire spectrum of color and luminance for rich, saturated images with intense detail. Whereas blue and green shaded areas of the picture are washed out on conventional screens, wide color enhancer lets you experience more brilliant colors. Simply imagine a wider range of colors than you ever thought possible.|
|By being ENERGY STAR compliant you are assured that your Samsung model is helping the environment by using less energy while saving you money. ENERGY STAR is a joint program of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy promoting energy efficiency.|
|SAMSUNG SMART TV lets you enjoy more with Internet TV, allowing you to receive content via Yahoo!, Flickr, and more on screen. It also includes a content library so you can enjoy pre-loaded content, such as cooking recipes and fitness exercises. Plus, DLNA CERTIFIED connectivity lets you remotely access your PC's personal media so that you can download music, video, and photos and enjoy them anywhere in the home your TV is.1 |
1 Internet access and either Ethernet connection or wireless LAN access required.
|With standard-definition TVs, the rule used to be that viewers would feel comfortable watching a set from a distance of 3 to 6 times the screen size in inches. With HDTV, the resolution is so much better that you can sit closer to a larger TV without noticing the pixels. So with HDTVs, the rule tends to be you can sit anywhere from 1.5 to 3 times the screen size (in inches) for the best experience. |
If you know the size of the room you have already, where you want to sit, and where your new HDTV should go once you get it, you can figure out the size HDTV you should get.
Read about our customers' top-rated TVs on our reviews pages: TV Reviews, 4K TV Reviews, LED TV Reviews, Plasma TV Reviews, and Smart TV Reviews. Shop our popular TV brands: LG, Samsung, Sharp, Sony, and VIZIO.
Top Customer Reviews
So I went to Fry's, Bestbuy, HHgregg, and local TV shop just checking out the products. I definitely liked the pictures of the LG's. The colors are on par with the Samsungs and the washout from off angles is also better. But I couldn't get over the simple fact that the Samsungs just looked better. Every store I went to I was like yeah there's glare, but when the screen is fully lit you don't really see it, plus you know we all were used to CRT glass screens for years. The LG technically had deeper blacks, but in reality the matte refraction light made the screen seem more grayish and the glossy screens appeared to have deeper blacks due to clarity. Also, the clarity of the images in the Samsungs was noticeably better. Just one of those things you just see and say yeah that's better. For a final look, I brought my wife for her opinion and she point right to the Samsung as the better picture.
So as a matte finish fan and all the technical abilities of the LG's I had to go with the Samsung. Beyond the amazing picture the style is so much better. So thin, lighter, and the UN55c6500 has a great thin border, actually charcoal matte, with a nice clear trim. Looks so clean.
I've read where some people have said that the picture is so good that it almost looks 3d. I have to agree, playing some video games and bluray, the picture is so good it does almost look 3d.Read more ›
I have never seen a picture like it. It looks 3 dimensional- you can really place people and scenery in space. It's almost eerie. Another reviewer has complained of flash lighting- but I can't see any evidence of it. Plus the thing is energy efficient- 190w max- less when back lighting is down (which everyone will turn down I'd expect- it's very bright). It's better at not reflecting light than plasmas for sure- another plus- and looks great when the room is brightly lit. It's quiet when on- no "buzz"- and it's relatively cool.
I've (unfortunately) sent back large TVs in the past- including a 65" (which Amazon was great about). I couldn't be happier with this one- so far at least.
*edited 5/8/10- netflix streaming nor Blockbuster streaming worked initially- but a firmware release in early May corrected this. Apps work fine- and VuDu works great and streams in 1080p/24 with Dolby Digital sound anyway- so it's a better source for great looking content. Currently Netflix still sends only stereo (dolby prologic II) audio...
Simply put, the picture on this set is awesome! I have had it more than a month and very pleased with it. I bought it with the assumption that I would try it and if I didn't like it just return it (since it is so expensive) and get something cheaper. I did a lot of research from seeing it multiple times and Best Buy and PC Richard and Sons to following an Audio Video Forum from actual owners regarding this TV.
Strangely enough there is a panel lottery as to what TV screen you will get. I received a SK03 panel and from what I read and know, the S panels have better off angle viewing than the C panels but more of a tendency to show clouding and spotlighting. I don't notice any real off angle viewing since I am watching it from the front and I am lucky to say that there are no spotlighting or clouding issues (believe me I looked hard!). A lot of the clouding or spotlighting can be significantly reduced with proper settings but there are some panels that just show it more than others. I have tested it in many dark movie scenes with bright foregrounds as well as letter box movies (can be found easier by watching bright scenes with dark edges. Unfortunately this is a problem with most LED Edge lit panels and the higher-end Samsung LED TVs have the ability to dim this.
I don't play games so I can't comment on that but a friend brought over his PS3 to see how it looked playing some of his faster paced games (I read some people had issues with speed and shadow images) and he absolutely loved it. We didn't encounter any issues with lag as others had. He was so please that he is planning to buy the same set to replace his Sony.Read more ›
I contacted Samsung and they wasted my time on the phone for an hour trying to reset the image settings and playing with the sharpness and contrast, which I obviously knew had nothing to do with the problem. Finally they had me schedule a tech to come and look at it, which I had to take an unpaid day off work just to meet with them because they wouldn't give me a specific time of day. And of course when he did come, it only took him 2 minutes to diagnose the problem as being poor quality panel. Or rather saying it's just the "characteristics" of the panel. He took pictures of it and said he would send them to Samsung to determine if they would replace, and to no small surprise they said no, that's just the "characteristics" of the panel.
I'm really disappointed in Samsung, considering they don't stand by the quality of their products, and offer such poor customer service. This TV was a huge investment for me, and it's really discouraging to spend that kind of money on something and not be satisfied, and have no option but just to live with it. I can't return it because it took so long for them to come look at it, that it's beyond the return period. not to mention shipping would cost so much.
Don't make the mistake I did and count on Samsung being quality.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Wonderful TV. Has given us no problems in several years of use. Liked it so much we bought another.Published 6 months ago by G. Weber
I have had this TV fro over 2 years now. Picture quality is still excellent. Good sound, but much better with surround system. Samsung did an excellent job with this TV. Read morePublished 20 months ago by Wesley Sellers
Clear picture and easy to use control panel for any adjustments. Been playing for almost a year and everything still looks new. Was a good deal.Published 24 months ago by Troy Harris
In our opinion Samsung products are not the best, especially this TV. the Internet feature went out in the sixth month of owning it. Read morePublished on January 26, 2014 by Anthony
Everyone that visits my home is amazed at the clarity. I have never seen such a clear and vivid picture. One of my friends went right out and bought one after seeing mine. Read morePublished on December 15, 2013 by bill
this wasn't a top of the line tv but between the size, price, picture quality and appearance, it's hard to beat. Read morePublished on October 23, 2012 by Mr.B
great slim TV, got rid of my 50" Vizio plasma for this and have bnever looked back. Sleek design, amazing picture.Published on November 28, 2011 by yamsi12