Samsung UN55C8000 LED HDTV combines breakthrough picture quality and advanced connectivity options that will keep you entertained 24/7. This UN55C8000 LED HDTV also makes it easy to be green, and will save you some green, by being ENERGY STAR compliant.
From the Manufacturer
Samsung UN55C8000 3D tv (March 2010)
3D Technology Checklist
This product is 3D-related. To help you get a great 3D experience, use our checklist below to ensure that you have everything you need. If you have any questions or want to learn more about 3D, we invite you to visit 3D 101--our center for everything 3D. To get started with 3D, please ensure that you have:
| || || |
A Display The first--and most important--item you'll need is a 3D-ready display--whether it be a 3D HDTV, 3D projector, or 3D computer monitor. These displays usually have a higher processing power than older models as they need to display one image for each eye to create a 3D effect.
| || || |
A Source While your display is ready for 3D playback, you still need a device to read 3D content (i.e., a movie or a show). This source can be a cable box with a subscription to a 3D channel, a 3D Blu-ray Disc player, or a PlayStation 3.
| || || |
Content In order to watch 3D, you will need to get some 3D content. This 3D content will come from the source mentioned above in the form of a 3D program, movie, or game. Please ensure that your 3D movies are in the Blu-ray 3D format, as this new format will provide the best 3D experience.
| || || |
3D Glasses All 3D HDTVs on the market require Active Shutter glasses to create the 3D effect. You will need to buy one pair of glasses for each viewer. Also make sure that the Active Shutter glasses you buy are compatible with your display--for example, buy the glasses from the same brand as your 3D HDTV.
| || || |
HDMI Cable To connect your source (such as a 3D Blu-ray Disc player) to your display, you'll need a hgh-speed HDMI cable. Cables with this designation--with bandwidth speeds up to 10.2 Gbps (gigabits per second)--will be able to carry the 3D signal without any loss of quality.
If you want to get more information about 3D, shop our 3D products, watch videos, or interact with other customers, visit 3D 101
, our customer center about everything 3D.
The Samsung LED 8000: delivering the pure thrill of 3D entertainment, connectivity that enhances your life, and visually stunning picture quality. Action leaps off the screen with advanced 3D technology, for a truly immersive viewing experience. SAMSUNG SMART TV lets you get connected to the best of the web, right on your HDTV, with downloadable and customizable widgets – and coming soon, Samsung apps. Connect to friends, share pictures, shop online and more. Innovative LED backlight processing delivers HD on a new level of enjoyment, with our greatest range dynamic contrast and rich, bright color. Breathtaking ultra-slim design adds sleek versatility, while an elegant Touch of Color bezel accent brings both new colors and textures to your décor. Take entertainment further than ever before.
- Screen Size: 55 inches
- Full 1080p HD: Enjoy the powerful picture quality, vivid colors and stunning clarity of Full HD 1080p resolution.
- 240 Hz Clear Motion Rate: Samsung 240 Hz technology delivers even the fastest onscreen motion with utterly life like clarity.
- 3D-ready: Samsung 3D technology makes images leap off the screen– so you feel like you’re a part of the action. Sync up with our Samsung Blu-ray player to experience movies in 3D on your TV – and enjoy more TV broadcasts in stunning 3D, coming soon. (Learn more about Samsung 3D Active glasses)
- SAMSUNG SMART TV: Connect to an ever-expanding portal of your favorite digital content. Customizable widgets give you access to BLOCKBUSTER, Facebook, YouTube, Flickr, Amazon Instant Video and more – all on your HDTV.
- Ultra Slim Design: Stunning ultra slim depth – includes tuner (no external transceiver box).
- Ultra Clear Panel: Advanced technology lets you enjoy crisp image details, natural skin tones, excellent shadow detail, and vibrant colors.
- Touch of Color design: Exclusive Touch of Color design combines texture and color that can complement any room.
- ConnectShare Movie: Connect a thumb drive or digital camera quickly and easily. User-friendly interface allows access to videos, music playlists and pictures via the remote.
- Game Mode: Enhances dark areas, sharpens the picture, speeds up the image processing response and enhances the sounds of your games. Picture and sound quality optimized for the special needs of gaming systems at the touch of a button.
- Exceeds ENERGY STAR Standards: LED Energy Efficient, up to 50% less than the latest ENERGY STAR specification depending on series and screen size in standard mode.
- Wide Color Enhancer Plus delivers the entire spectrum of color and luminance for rich, saturated images with intense detail.
- 15 Watts x 2 audio power stereo broadcast reception: Supports multichannel sound (MTS)and second audio program (SAP) with 181-channel capacity.
- Built in Digital Tuner: no external box needed.
- Warranty: 1 year parts and 1 year labor warranty (90 days parts and labor for commercial use), with in-home service, backed by Samsung toll-free support.
- AllShare: Sync up your entire household. A wired or wireless DLNA connection lets you stream your PC audio and video files to your HDTV using your remote.
- Skype on Samsung TV: Enjoy the convenience and connectivity of free, IP-based, picture-in-picture video calls via Skype right from your couch: View it all life size on your Samsung TV.
- Pin-Point Dimming: Samsung’s innovative Precision Dimming Technology delivers our greatest range of dynamic contrast and rich, bright color. You’ll see whiter whites and deeper blacks, minus the “halo” effect, which occurs when light is diffused to such a degree that it distorts the image. Energy consumption is also reduced.
- Brushed Titanium Finish
- Swivel stand
- 4 HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia
Interface) version 1.4: 4 back
- Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC): Allows peripheral AV devices such as a DVD player to be controlled by a Samsung TV remote control.
- USB: 2 side
- PC input: 1 back
- Ethernet: 1 back
- Optical sound output: 1 back
- Component video input: 1 back
- TV without stand: 50.5 x 30.4 x .09 inches (WxHxD); 48.5 pounds
- TV with stand: 50.5 x 32.8 x 12.1 inches (WxHxD); 53.4 pounds
- What size TV should you get?
Visually stunning LED TV
|See vivid new dimensions in picture depth and action that leaps off the TV screen. The Samsung 3D experience* is: |
• Watching 3D movies and shows on a Samsung 3D TV with stylish and comfortable 3D Active glasses
• Connecting a Samsung 3D Blu-ray Disc Player immerses you in the latest Hollywood 3D hits.
• Converting 2D movies, sports and shows to 3D. Samsung 3D Active glasses are the gateway to Samsung 3D entertainment. Click here to learn more.
* 3D viewing experience depends on source of 3D content. Samsung 3D TVs are compatible with the Blu-ray Disc Association standard and both broadcast standards.
|• Innovative LED picture quality: Creates a picture with an exceptionally large range of contrast and color, making images appear more real. |
• Samsung 240Hz Clear Motion Rate technology: Delivers even the fastest onscreen motion with 240 frames per second, for utterly lifelike clarity.
• Ultra Slim 1.1" depth: Stunning at only 1.1" deep – includes tuner (no external transceiver box).
| ||With standard-definition TVs, the rule used to be that viewers would feel comfortable watching a set from a distance of 3 to 6 times the screen size in inches. With HDTV, the resolution is so much better that you can sit closer to a larger TV without noticing the pixels. So with HDTVs, the rule tends to be you can sit anywhere from 1.5 to 3 times the screen size (in inches) for the best experience. |
If you know the size of the room you have already, where you want to sit, and where your new HDTV should go once you get it, you can figure out the size HDTV you should get.
- Minimum size = Viewing distance/3
- Maximum size=Viewing distance/1.5
SAMSUNG SMART TV
|SAMSUNG SMART TV lets you enjoy more with Internet TV, allowing you to receive content via Yahoo!, Flickr, and more on screen. It also includes a content library so you can enjoy pre-loaded content, such as cooking recipes and fitness exercises. Plus, DLNA CERTIFIED connectivity lets you remotely access your PC's personal media so that you can download music, video, and photos and enjoy them anywhere in the home your TV is.1 |
1 Internet access and either Ethernet connection or wireless LAN access required.