Samsung UN60FH6003 60-Inch 1080p 120Hz LED TV (2013 Model)
Price:$1,047.99 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on October 13, 2013
I didn't find a lot of feedback on this new model during my research so thought I'd share what I've learned. My settings:

PICTURE SETTINGS
Picture Mode Standard
Backlight 7 *12 is default (I brought this up to 10 after the burn in period (2-3 months after purchase).
Contrast 70 *100 is default
Brightness 30 *45 is default (I brought this up to 50 after burn in period).
Sharpness 50

Picture Options submenu:
Color Tone Standard
Size Screen Fit *16:9 is default
Digital Noise Filter Off *Auto is default
HDMI Black Level Normal (grayed out)
Film Mode Off (grayed out)
Auto Motion Plus Off *Standard is default
LED Motion Plus Off

PLUG & PLAY SETTINGS
Eco Solution submenu: Energy Saving Off

The asterisk* indicates the settings where I deviated from default and the original value.

The settings above make the sweet spot directly in front of the screen look the best for me from both low and high definition sources. Angled views are still perfectly viewable but the colors/brightness will be a bit muted and the image won't "pop" with a 3d like effect outside the sweet spot. You can easily optimize for angled viewing by doing a picture reset to return to the default picture settings, defaults don't look too great within the sweet spot though. All LED screens have this issue with angled viewing, using an articulated swivel wall mount makes this drawback much easier to live with. Mount-It MI-3110B works well.

Image quality is top shelf, the best picture you're going to find in an LED that isn't capable of 4K Ultra HD and the lack of 3D is fine as I'd never use it anyway. The screen is about as barebones as you can get with no smart features, no audio out, and only two hmdi ports. This is a good thing as there are less points of failure and it runs cooler which increases the life of the product. All you truly need is a big monitor as every feature you desire is best done using separate components anyway. I wish Samsung had just gone all out in this direction and left off the tuner and speakers as well. The USB port reads any file type you throw at it but is rather useless for anything but pictures as any audio will only play through the anemic built in speakers.

I haven't had this long so I'll come back to update the review if I end up revising my settings.

Edit 2/18/14 - I've only had to adjust the backlight and brightness as the LED's burned in and became darker which is normal. So the original settings still stand when the set is new but as it ages you should slowly bump up the brightness and backlight to compensate when it starts to get darker. I've had them at 10 and 50 for a couple months now which is where it seems to have stabilized at this point.
4242 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 27, 2013
3 bad reviews ruined this TV rating

This is a good TV, for the money this is a fantastic TV, maybe one of the best values available.

One person seemed to make two rants with both 1 and 2 star ratings complaining about the manufacturer for a different product and another 1 star rating complaining about shipping. This is exactly why reviews should only be for the product! Take out those 3 Non-reviews and this would have 4.5 stars and that is what this TV deserves 4.5 stars, I will round to 5 to counter act the 3 reviews that are not applicable to the quality of the TV.

To my eye the TV is better than any LCD I have seen and I eve prefer it over the LED, only the newest full back lit TV seem to compare , again to my eye. I just followed the settings a couple guys here posted and actually I can barley tell the difference. My unit seemed to be great out of the box or maybe I am just not as picky. Coming from a 720P using an internet connection to watching a DVD on this just blows me away. I would not hesitate to get this TV.

Just some hints always use Amazon Prime when buying through Amazon, especially a large purchase like this just in case the shipping goes bad, etc. And keep the box. Amazon will take it back for 30 days and if you scream loud enough maybe even longer . Don't call the manufacturer unless you have to, always go to Amazon first if electronic device goes bad in the first month or two. I read so many review where people will say the TV broke in 4 days and they waited for a repairman what? Send it back free through Amazon and get a new one if it conks out that soon!
on November 14, 2013
Verified Purchase
This product is misrepresented. You should be aware that there is NO digital audio out. If you need to use a surround sound system, or any external speakers (and you'll need to since the internal speakers on this are not so great), you will end up having to buy other equipment to pull the audio out of the hdmi stream before the hdmi enters the tv (ex. An hdmi switch with digital audio out). Also, there are only 2 hdmi ports on this tv, one of which only accepts video (dvi in), further necessitating an hdmi switch. All that being said, the picture is amazing, and this product should really be looked at as a 60" monitor with a great picture and built in speakers (which won't cut it). If this tv had the digital out it states it does, it would have gotten 5 stars.
88 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 10, 2014
Verified Purchase
If you don't want all the bells and whistles in a Hi-Def television, this Samsung is one to consider. Sixty inch class televisions are great for the den, and I was pleasantly surprised at how large the screen is in my parents' home--it's hard to judge at the store when comparing televisions at places like BestBuy because they are usually displayed on huge walls amongst other TVs with larger screens. More importantly, the 60 inch class of televisions are very affordable before the next significant jump in prices for larger screens. I bought this HDTV as a Christmas gift for my senior parents and it is really all they need. Amazon featured the lowest price around, and even though I was a little apprehensive about buying from an online store, the shipping carrier was very easy to work with, and the product shipped without any glitches. I would buy the same television for myself!
on October 31, 2013
Verified Purchase
I am thoroughly satisfied with my purchase. I'm no expert at calibration however, I ended up turning most of the attributes down seeing as the default settings are rather bright out of the box. This is a plus for daytime viewing. It can be as bright as you need it, or look great in the dark. The color representation is natural and black levels are fantastic. No money was wasted on SmartTV that I won't use or 3D that makes my eyes dry and make my head dizzy. Samsung is the king of LED's!

1/24/2015 - Update: About 1 month before the warranty was about to expire my TV started having having power cycling issues. It would turn off and on repeatedly on it's own. Over the next 4 months my TV would appear fine then out of no where the power cycling issue would appear again. Two phone calls were made during that time - and two different Samsung CSR's said they would mail me a USB to upgrade the firmware. OK! 3 months later still no USB. Third phone call I speak with a third Customer Service Rep. who informs me a firmware upgrade does not exist for this television?? Um, ok?? They schedule a local technician to replace a Lead Connector in the TV which is a very simple, in-home, 5 minute procedure. The technician says this is a known issue with these televisions. Now I have a newer, even bigger issue. The TV image has a static, black horizontal line being displayed 24/7 on the top 1/4 of the TV screen - right where people's faces are shown. I suspect a year of living with a bad lead connector has prematurely aged the panel. Altogether, I am very disappointed in how Samsung Customer Service gave me the run-around saying they would mail me something which did not exist!!!!!! Picture quality is fantastic, but reliability is the worst I've ever had. 3 star rating for a TV that barely lasted one year. Minus another star for horrible, dishonest Customer Service Reps. Went from a 5 star rating to a 2.

3/1/2015 - Final update: Samsung customer service stepped up in a major way. 3 months past the original one year manufacturer warranty, after explaining how upset I was with the situation, they granted a "One-time Accommodation" to service my TV with a BRAND NEW panel! As far as I can tell my television is restored to it's natural beauty. (heh) After all this I'm giving this item a Rating of 4 stars simply for the fact that I had trouble in the first year and *some* of the CSR's that work for Samsung were not helpful at all. Ultimately, things worked out so I am still happy my purchase. I will continue buying Samsung products in the future.
on December 3, 2013
Verified Purchase
Did not have the audio output feature I wanted but I like picture quality alot.
Price was better than most places.
on April 27, 2014
Verified Purchase
After a slow start in getting the unit, not amazon's fault, I was very pleased with it in every way. The picture quality is outstanding. Great in every way.
on April 6, 2014
Verified Purchase
Picked up a warehouse deal on this TV. Product arrived in perfect condition and after following some only adjustment guides the picture quality is outstanding. Couldn't ask for better.
on January 18, 2014
Retiring a malfunctioning DLP 56" and all we wanted was a TV, not a smart TV, just a TV. This model fit the bill just right.
First: Only 2 HDMI inputs - Not a deal breaker for us. Our DVD, Blu-ray, cable box, etc. are routed through our receiver so only one HDMI cable going to the TV.
Second: No audio output - Not a deal breaker for us. The built in speakers actually do sound quite good in our listening environment. More than adequate for casual TV listening. Your experience may vary. For a wake the neighbors kind of sound experience we use the sound from the receiver.
(If I'm not mistaken the sister TV, EH6003 has an audio output which might be the source of the confusion on this matter)

Now the fun part sharing how very, very nice this TV is which we found for $899.99.
1. Easy peasy set up.
2. Great picture right out of the box considering we're upgrading from an old 56" DLP set.
3. Only a little tinkering with some of the settings using as a guide picture settings others have shared here and elsewhere and the THX set up feature on a Pixar Blu-ray and Avatar never looked so good.
4. Remote control is easy to use with all buttons well marked. However, some of the buttons may feel a bit small for some users, it is a compact remote.
5. Another plus is that because this is not a smart TV it means the remote is not cluttered with little to never used buttons.
6. Onscreen menus provide short explanation for each function you highlight before you make any changes.

Any downers for us? Very minor ones

1. The Owner's Manual is the fold out map variety which means smallish type and not real handy to use. It has all the necessary info but any prior experience with a Samsung TV and their menus will serve you well here.
2. Wish the remote used AA instead of AAA batteries
3. Seemed just a wee bit flexy on its base though I suspect this is the case with all larger screens and not really a design fault. And I have to admit I was pushing on the TV to see what would happen to satisfy my own curiosity. I was satisfied that it was stable enough. But if I were you I would still try to keep youngsters and relatives with a history of clumsiness away from the TV. Or mount it using a wall bracket.

We are very pleased with this TV and look forward to many hours of viewing pleasure.

1-21-14 Amendment: TV does seem to have a sweet spot for viewing and viewers too far off axis may notice the far side of the screen appearing a bit lighter than the side they are closest to. And though the TV shows amazing image quality from Blu-ray my initial impression is that our old DLP did a better initial job with broadcast TV for which our source Comcast cable. Tinkering with the settings continues.
on December 6, 2013
Verified Purchase
We read all of the reviews on this TV and decided to purchase it on Black Friday. We replaced a 57 inch Mitsubishi DLP test was 1080. I have to say all of the reviews that raved about the picture quality are 100% right on---THE PICTURE ON THIS TV IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! We tweaked the settings using the recommendations in the Amazon reviews and they were right on. The images pop out of its TV like it is 3D. I am amazed at what a great picture this has. It is so sharp you can easily see the smallest details in what you're watching. I can't recommend. This TV enough! Amazon had a delivery service drop it off and unpack it to be sure nothing was wrong. This was a great touch and since we live in AZ it's nice to know it wasn't sitting and bumping around in a UPS truck all day. Well done Amazon!

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations