Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Samsung Galaxy S DUOS GT-S7562 Unlocked GSM Phone Dual SIM, 4" Touchscreen, 5MP Camera, Video, GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth No Warranty - Black
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Lori Mckenna Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on March 9, 2013
I got really excited when I get this phone, it looked cool and sleek... BUT, guess what, it was locked and the default language on this phone was some type of Polish, Russian or some weird East European Language. This made me believe that this phone was stolen by a clerk working for a Russian T-Mobile service provider or some East European National Wireless provider... anyway, I figured out to switch it back to English, to my dismay, the phone is LOCKED and can NOT work on US service providers.

... so I called my provider (T-Mobile) hoping to get help... after 30 minutes of being on-hold, the T-Mobile folks did not recognize the iemei number on the phone (it's Russian); and could not help me. They suggested that I call Samsung. 45 minutes of wait, someone sends me to an online web site where they have instructions to download a bunch of software.

I follow the instruction, I plug the phone onto a USB connector, then download various files, pay $19.95 to European SIM unlocking services, then another $14.95 to make it work on US providers, then I paid $4.95 to make sure that the phone is NOT black-listed... I still can't make it work. I wasted about 8 hours on this piece of junk.

I am returning it... don't make the same mistake if you are a busy person and value your time.

I am highly disappointed.
44 comments| 169 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 26, 2012
Got this phone about five days now,did not want to make a review until i played with it a bit.
I must say, if i loved this phone anymore i would have to leave my wife and marry it...well joking there a bit, lol, buy i do love it.
Only reason i gave it four stars is some minor things, like the flimsy looking charger cable, looks real tiny as if it will soon break and the white headset for a black phone.
My last phone was the bb 9860, got this instead as i wanted a dual sim with android and led flash and been able to work as a remote for my smart tv, so far i love it and would buy another if anything happened to it.
It does take a little time to get used to and if you are impatient you may not like it at first as it has so many features and different ways of doing things.
Great phone.

Ok, have this phone for little over two weeks and not liking it that much again for the following reasons(good thing i did not leave my wife LOL),

(1) It is not the kind of dual sim i am used to, it is dual sim STANDBY and not dual sim ACTIVE as was with the lg ks660 that i used previously.
The difference is that with st/by both sims are on st/by waiting for a call, once a call is active the other sim is inactive (well not entirely), will explain. With dual sim active both sims are always active and works as if two phones are in one. This is really what i wanted.
Now to explain the above, this phone tries to remedy the situation by using call forwarding (a paid service on my network)so it has an option for dual sim always on, this option attempts to enable call forwarding for both sims and if it fails (as in my case) then even if i would pay for forwarding,i can not have both sims active at once.
In my case forwarding fails because both sims have group calling service on them. Most dissapointed as this is one of the primary reasons for buying this phone.

(2) Phone can be a bit slow, but i am used to the ks660 LOL.

(3) If i looked up a contact there is no way to use the secondary sim to call from the contact list so i have to use dial pad where the option is, this is so not good.

I would give the phone a two star for the above but the other features are great (well it's android) hence the new rating of three stars. So here i go again, off to sell this phone for what i can get and once again start a lengthy search for the dual sim ACTIVE android that i need. Soooo not a happy camper.
2727 comments| 189 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 23, 2013
The TouchWiz UI is, as usual, a slow and convoluted mess. Stock Android, while not as smooth an experience as iOS, is light years ahead of TouchWiz. What Samsung does to Google's baby could arguably be called abuse. And because Samsung will not allow stock Android on its devices, users are stuck waiting for them to implement TouchWiz on new versions of Android. Unfortunately, this means that the S Duos is stuck now and possibly forever, on Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4. Nevermind that KitKat 4.4 could run on the S Duos; because Samsung hasn't said yes, it won't happen. Is this what an open computing platform is supposed to be? It is possible, however, to install CM 10.1 on this handset. The downside to that is you lose dual-SIM functionality, this handset's distinguishing feature. Dual SIM support is not native to Android and its implementation is up to the manufacturer and Samsung (and LG, Sony, etc) aren't giving up their secrets.

The hardware side of the S Duos isn't any better. The TFT screen is nicely saturated, but even at 50% brightness, blacks are washed out and gray. The TFT panel doesn't have very good viewing angles, either. The digitizer is, in my experience, extremely finicky: swipes register as taps and apps are launched without warning because the air somehow managed to trigger a tap. I could be holding the S Duos in hand with no fingers or palm within a centimeter of the screen and an app could launch. Touch input also suffers because this handset is extremely prone to lag. The single-core, 1GHz Cortex A5 CPU and Andreno 205 GPU do not perform well at all. If you expect to use only stock Samsung (not Google!) apps on this handset, you might be fine and experience little lag. Otherwise, prepare to have even the keyboard app stutter due to lag.

Build quality is likewise shoddy. The phone is all plastic. That is to be expected at this segment, but where LG and Sony have similar handsets that feel like premium devices, the S Duos feels cheap. It also looks cheap. After about a month of use, the paint on the gray plastic that makes up the side of the device is white in spots. The USB port is likewise spotted. That's right, Samsung couldn't even be bothered to use colored plastic, instead opting to paint white plastic. The battery is a 1500mAh unit. If you are a heavy user of things like the stock SMS app, expect to run down the battery at around the 8-hour mark. Nevermind streaming movies over 3G or taking pictures all day. Really, don't bother taking pictures because the 2GB of onboard storage means that after the OS and Samsung's bloatware, users really only have access to less than half that amount.

Even after all that complaining, I can find one other terrible thing about the S Duos: it powers down randomly. Whether in my pocket, in my hand, or on a table, sometimes the S Duos will just power down completely. It turns itself off, even when in the middle of audio playback.

As soon as I am able, I will replace this piece of garbage phone. I have my eye on an LG Optimus L7 II Dual, Sony Xperia M dual, or Sony Xperia C. Needing dual-SIM support means I am effectively stuck in the midrange of Android devices, and that's fine with me. I just wish I hadn't wasted nearly $200 on this terrible phone and Samsung has definitely lost a customer in me.
on December 17, 2012
The Samsung GT-S7562L Galaxy S Duos-BK is very good, it has nothing to envy to any other Android Smartphone ... Serves completely for any operator, is unlocked, as stated in the description ... buy it for my father and conforms to the product ... thank you very much... sorry for my english
on May 8, 2014
Completely disappointed, the cell is a copy of GT-S7562 not supported by samsumg and impossible to use the 3G in my area even though the box says UMTS 900/2100 only available 2100, I have been cheated by you aSavings, cell turned out to be the family of MTK, and this in particular is a MT6572 which means it is a Chinese clone, it is unfortunate that you post on this product as original when in fact it is not, I hope all the other people they can read this so that they are not cheated like me, many vendors as you aSavings believe doing this benefits them, but have some clear divine justice arrived in time, so eventhough you think it will not be so, but more importantly there is hope and you can even do good things and live well and maybe even be saved in jesus, have a nice day
on November 21, 2013
Sorry to give such a bad review. Here the reasons:

I bought this phone to use it as a Wifi hotspot when traveling. BUT, 3G does not work in all countries. Well you could say that is my fault, and yes you are right. But it seems that one has to be a communications expert and know all the bands for 3G by heart. I feel that I wasted my money and I also find it incredible that a modern phone in a globalized world does not come with all bands for all countries...

The second thing is the speed. It seems to me that this phone was not designed for the latest Android version and that is the reason why it is very very slow
on May 29, 2014
I ordered this phone on March 30th and it was delivered on April 4th. The first issue I had was that it came with a European power cord which they couldn't replace. I was given a small refund; however, this was just the first of many issues to arise. The Internet was extremely slow and would only connect to wireless--not my data plan. Apps would freeze the entire phone or simply shut it down. Delta Mobile was not every helpful telling me that perhaps I should search on the Internet to see if anyone could help me. Today, May 29th, the phone will not even turn on. Delta Mobile again reminded me that "Unfortunately there's not much we can do." I now have a very expensive paper-weight to remind me to only shop with known companies.

I have given this product one star because even through Samsung has a reputation for quality phones, this is not one of them. It is shoddy and cheap. I'm giving Delta Mobile the same rating for their lack of customer service after the sale, and their sub-par technical support recommending that I Google it to see what can be done.
on February 17, 2013
I really like this phone, the reason I don't give 5 stars is because I haven't figure it out how to conect my samsung note tablet with the data on the phone. I downloaded an app from google play to my tablet and the phone but for some reason I can't make it work.
on March 26, 2013
I read the reviews stating that this handset is slow. I thought, "I don't need the fastest phone in the world." Yet, I have used it now for 3 months and it is becoming annoying. I wish I had not bought it - and I am probably stuck with it for two years. For example, when I am just looking at my email and then have to make a call, I have to wait 5-10 seconds for the keypad to come up to make a call. That seems trite, but how many calls do you make a day? It gets really bothersome. I appears that Samsung made a mistake by not putting a fast enough processor in this phone. It looks great but I would not have bought it and I would be happy to go back to carrying around two phones. Also, my wife has an older iphone - the iphone 3. Her phone is faster than this one. I think her iphone came out in 2008. Looks great, but disappointed by the performance.
on March 18, 2014
I wanted to love this phone, I really did. It was my long overdue departure from the flip phone & I was excited to enter the era of the smartphone. My excitement was short lived, since this phone turned out to be a real turd. After about 2 weeks of use it developed some sort of interference that you can hear when making calls. I was disappointed, but I could overlook this. Next I noticed that if you put this phone in your pocket it would shut itself off. I think what happens is that while in a pocket, both the front & side buttons get pressed simultaneously, which turns the phone off (like a forced shutdown on a PC). This is pretty inconvenient, I mean WTF, a phone that you can't put in your pocket? Still, I decided to keep on with this phone. Then, for some mysterious reason this phone deleted all of my contacts. Maybe it happened during one of the times it was shutting itself off in my pocket, I have no idea, the contacts were just gone. Argh! So, after owning this phone for 3 months, I am looking to replace it.