5.0 out of 5 stars Using for Samsung 8000 series 3D Smart TV
works perfect for my TV - love it!! Would recommend to anyone. You won't be disappointed in this keyboard at all.
Published 20 months ago by MovieLover

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well but not with Apps!
Published on July 19, 2012 by P. Thompson

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well but not with Apps!, July 19, 2012
P. Thompson "lilytank" (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsung VG-KBD1500 Wireless Keyboard (2012 Models) (Old Version) (Electronics)
I was psyched to get this keyboard and thought it was the answer to all the issues with not having easy control when using the smart functions on my Samsung tv. It is a cool little toy but just a warning!....it only works with the browser! Although that is helpful I was expecting it to also work within the apps like Netflix and Hulu Plus. It is a pain to search for content in those apps and the keyboard does not work with them. I have not tried all the apps but I am assuming it only works at this point with the browser. I would still recommend it if you plan to do a lot of web browsing since using the tv remote is a nightmare and pointless when trying to browse!

2.0 out of 5 stars Mostly Useless for integration with Netflix and YouTube, July 19, 2012
Purchased from Amazon.
Purchased as the result of Samsungs recommedation.

If you want keyboard intergration into Netflix and You Tube, don't buy this product. You cannot use the Keyboard for entering text for search on most of Samsung apps such as You Tube and Netflix. I also own a Boxee unit that does allow keyboard typing in Netflix and You Tube.

I had a long conversation with Samsung's support on the keyboard integration with the SmartHub on the UN60ES8000 TV. They could not suggest any reason to use the keyboard other than with the Web Browser. If I want to browse the web I use my laptop that is to the right of my recliner. That way I can watch TV and browse the web at the same time.

Since the Keyboard does not intergrate with Netflix search, I tried an alternate approach by going to Netflix.com and signing in. I thought I could use the Netflix web approach for using the keyboard for search function. The search went well with keyboard overide for searching.
Unfortunately Netflix does not recognize the Samsung TV as an acceptable display device and will simply bring up the requirements to use Netflix on line.

The Boxee us is full function compared to the Samsung Netflix application. The down side of Boxee is that it does not support Amazon video/movies. Boxee told me that Amazon refuses to provide a way to work with Boxee. They need app data from Amazon.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great idea but pretty useless !!, July 26, 2012
gregcols (Columbus, OH) - See all my reviews
I was excited to use this on my new Samsung TV, but after using it for awhile I find it to be a waste of $90+. You cannot do any searches on the APPS ( aka Netflix, etc), only on the browser. It has buttons for the DVR and Blue-Ray yet you cannot synch them. I was told by Samsung they are not compatible....so why the heck are they even there??? I will be sending it back after after my unhelpful response from Samsung.

2.0 out of 5 stars Does Not Work With All 2012 Samsung TV Models, August 29, 2012
The VG-KBD1500 wireless keyboard does not work with all 2012 Samsung TV models, as suggested. It fails to mention that your TV needs to have built-in bluetooth connectivity. I have Samsung LED TV #UN40ES6100, and my attempt to "pair" the keyboard with the TV was unsuccessful. After some research I learned that my TV model does not have built-in bluetooth, thus explaining why I couldn't get this keyboard to connect with it. As long as your Samsung TV has built-in bluetooth, this keyboard should work with it. Fortunately, through an on-line forum for my TV I was able to learn that the Logitech K400 wireless touch keyboard does work with my TV; it connects via USB. I purchased it and am happy to say it works great!

2.0 out of 5 stars Keyboard is good but Samsung TV for web is not so good, August 12, 2012
I purchased this keyboard and it seems to be ok as far as the keyboard but its really a waste of money. I purchased a Samsung Smart TV a few days before I purchased the keyboard. If I knew what I know I would not have wasted my money on it. I was thinking great I can use my Smart TV to surf the internet and check email and so on. The problem is Samsung WILL NOT run Adobe Flash Player. You never realize how many internet programs require Adobe Flash Player until you cant run it. Buyer beware this is probably a waste of money.

3.0 out of 5 stars So far so good....., September 25, 2012
Package arrived quickly, and was very well packaged. Item was new as advertised. Synced right up with my Samsung smart TV (make sure you have a newer model otherwise it may not work!) The only complaint I have (which I knew about before I bought because of research) is that it does not fully work inside of apps on the smart TV. For example, it does not fully work inside of Netflix. You can move around and select things to watch with it, but it will not allow you to type inside the search box to look for a movie. It does however work flawlessly with the internet through your smart TV. The lack of functionality within programs is why I gave it only 3 stars. Buyer needs to do research and make sure this will work with your model Samsung Smart TV.

1.0 out of 5 stars Incompatible POS - Do not buy!!, October 12, 2012
Why would anyone market an accessory specifically for a product where both of which are not compatible with the other???

This is a lousy contraption. I read reviews which said that the keyboard would not function when trying to do specific tasks beyond the Smart menu, i.e. Hulu, Netflix, etc. But I thought that the other people just did not configure the settings properly...boy, was I wrong!

All I could do was turn on/off the TV. Otherwise, the "universal remote" built into the keyboard was not recognized by its own sibling hardware (the TV). Fatal design flaw if I ever saw one.

However, on some stroke of luck, the TV would intermittently recognize a signal, like when I pressed a volume button, but it said that the function was "Not Available". WTF?

I can't comment that much on the rest of the keyboard, because none of it was recognized! I would give this product negative stars if I could.

I actually bought it as a gift and now I am so embarassed. I want my money back!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars I had to have it!, January 5, 2013
D. Campbell (Mesa, Arizona United States) - See all my reviews
If you go out and spend the big bucks for one of the best smart TVs, you might as well dump another 100 bucks for the keyboard. Or at least that was my theory... It works well with the Samsung UN55ES7100 TV I purchased. I got the TV for about $1000 bucks off the retail price. The only thing it didn't come with over the considerably more expensive TV was the keyboard and skype camera. I think I can afford the keyboard and camera for what I saved on the TV :-) As others have stated, it doesn't do you any good for Netflix. It does make a big difference if you are trying to surf the net which is nearly impossible with out a keyboard. That being said I think I have used it about three times since my purchase and mostly showing off my high tech TV to friends and family. It'll never replace your Home computer for surfing the web as TVs are a bit slow on that front, even with the TV direct Ethernet connected (not using wireless).

1.0 out of 5 stars Samsung wirelss Keyboard is not great for TV and useless-- I cannot rate this, November 30, 2012
I thought of buying this samsung wireless keyboard specifically to search in apps like youtube and netflix.....Thank god i saw comments and thanks to everyone. If it doesn't work in apps then why do we need keyboard anyway. why the heck we need Tv for browsing unless we connect laptop/computer to TV. keyboard piece such a waste piece of technology addition to attract customers with no use. my wife would have kill me if I bought this keyboard

Smasung...please add keyboard functionality to apps too otherwise you will have bad reviews for the bad product obviously

3.0 out of 5 stars Can I use My Keyboard with All Applications, January 10, 2013
Michael P Minn (CUPERTINO, CA, US) - See all my reviews
I had a chat with Samsung come to find out the App Manufactures can choose to allow or deny keyboard function while in their application. Which is why the complaints about the keyboard not working with Netflix and YouTube. See below link.

[...]