4.0 out of 5 stars Took A Chance
I have a Samsung UN65F6300 TV. Samsung support said this cam would not work with my TV, only the stc2000 or stc3000. This is the new version and I decided to take a chance and it works great. Be sure you connect it to the camera USB. The only complaint I have is the microphone, works good within 15 feet, a little weak if you are back any further.
Published 5 months ago by Linda

1.0 out of 5 stars Should work, but doesn't
Published 2 days ago by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars Took A Chance, April 1, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Skyping on smart T.V., May 18, 2014
This review is from: Samsung VG-STC4000 Skype TV Camera (Electronics)
I couldn't wait to recive the camera, so I can skype with my family and friends. I really wasn't sure on how I was going to like it. I love this! And wished I got it sooner. The picture comes in so clear. I'd reccomend this item to anyone that has a smart t.v. I love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what you need, May 8, 2014
This review is from: Samsung VG-STC4000 Skype TV Camera (Electronics)
This camera is working perfectly and with high quality picture. My sister is very glad to have it and enjoy calling her kids.

4.0 out of 5 stars I risked it. It worked!, May 6, 2014
This review is from: Samsung VG-STC4000 Skype TV Camera (Electronics)
Another reviewer took a chance and it worked for them. I decided that at less than half the price I'd try it too. Got it in yesterday and was worried because every opening in the box was covered by a do not accept if seal is broken sticker. Then another one on the wrapper for the camera once I got it open. I have a 65in un65f7150 and the tv said only the 2000 and 3000 model camera were supported. This one works great. I rated it a 4 because I hoped for better picture guiltily but it's fine for what it is I just have really high standards. I'd be sure you can get your money back if you risk it too, with all the seals you may not be able to return it if your model isn't on the supported list.

5.0 out of 5 stars Real Plug and play, May 27, 2014
This review is from: Samsung VG-STC4000 Skype TV Camera (Electronics)
Excellent. Have accidentally plugged on the wrong USB port. TV was smart enough to detect it and ask me to reconnect to the appropriate USB port. Worked from the first time, excellent definition for image and sound.

1.0 out of 5 stars Should work, but doesn't, September 18, 2014
Amazon Customer (Ellicott City, MD) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsung VG-STC4000 Skype TV Camera (Electronics)
The camera seems to work fine. I like that it doesn't need a separate power cord. It balances on the top edge of the TV, but I found it also works just as well sitting on the same surface as the TV itself. The picture is clear, and it tracks me as I move around. It pans in and out sometimes (not sure how/when it decides to do that!). But there are 2 show-stopper problems for me: #1. The camera has a mike in it. When I Skype with my son on his Playstation 10 miles away there is a LOT of feedback on his end. The instructions (unhelpfully) tell me to lower my TV volume, but the feedback only goes away when the volume is so low I can't hear him talk. Still looking into a solution for this. #2. I have a Samsung TV model UN40F6300AF. The camera is physically compatible with my model. The main reason I bought the camera is because I Skype with my sister in England once a week (I live in the US). By pure coincidence she bought the same TV that I did, so when she purchased the camera I went ahead and got the same one. BUT Skype won't work TV-to-TV! Neither of us can initiate a video call from our TV. If one of us stays on our computer with the other on the TV it seems to work, but even then the sound quality is terrible - she can barely make out what I'm saying. So we've had to go back to computer-to-computer Skype. Some web forums seem to suggest it's something wrong with the latest version of the Skype app on the Samsung TV. I'll hang onto the camera just in case they get this thing worked out, but it's disappointing to say the least.

5.0 out of 5 stars EASY, May 22, 2014
Easy to hook up.
Noticed that, while on Skype, if the camera is set to a zoom value other than 1.0, Skype will Pan it left and right and up and down. Impressive, but we tend to leave the zoom alone.

5.0 out of 5 stars A nice change to using a PC, June 3, 2014
This review is from: Samsung VG-STC4000 Skype TV Camera (Electronics)
We purchased this for our samsung 65" UN65H7150 LED TV to be used in our home. It replaced our webcam for our PC and is primarily used for Skype. The best things about it are that it can be uninstalled from the TV and relocated to achieve other angles. This is ideal for parties, Christmas morning, etc. the picture is clear, our TV and Skype both recognized it easily, and the device is plug and play with a USB plug. The camera has a small cover that slides back and forth that can be used to ensure privacy when not in use.

The main disadvantages are that I wish it had a longer cord, and there is no Velcro on the stand. It attaches to the TV with a bendable bracket, but I think the bracket could be improved by adding Velcro to ensure the camera doesn't move. $100 is a lot to pay for a webcam, but there aren't many other options available.

I would buy this product again, and would recommend it to friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung camera for TV, April 12, 2014
This review is from: Samsung VG-STC4000 Skype TV Camera (Electronics)
Easy install ,good quality video sound ok,great for using hand motion controls on the samsung tv,easy to install and set options

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely pleased with this purchase, July 4, 2014
This review is from: Samsung VG-STC4000 Skype TV Camera (Electronics)
Extremely pleased with this purchase!

For the price I was skeptical, but it works beautifully. Can see my children on the big screen now when we Skype rather than on the computer or laptop. I would highly recommend this camera.

Rate and Discover Movies