5.0 out of 5 stars T-mobile Finally Gets a Great Android Phone!
T-mobile, the first carrier to even have an android phone (the G1), blew its lead with the OS on a stream of mediocre handsets. While the other carriers got newer and better devices, T-mobile lagged behind, until now. Finally, at long last, a quality handset has arrived: the Vibrant. With its good looks, blazing fast speed, and quality OS, T-mobile customers can...
Published on July 15, 2010 by diljs

3.0 out of 5 stars Great experience, but a few fatal flaws
The Good:
- Screen: The 800x480 Super AMOLED screen is huge and beautiful.
- Android 2.1: The best mobile OS out there except for Android 2.2, which is promised to be coming to this phone soon.
- Battery Life: My phone would be unplugged from 7am to 10pm every day, with moderate use throughout the day, and would never drop below 40% by the end of the day...
Published on August 20, 2010 by James Jurack

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 410 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Like it so far, July 18, 2010
Jason V (Chicago, IL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsung Vibrant Android Phone (T-Mobile) (Wireless Phone)
The biggest thing that sticks out is the screen. It looks amazing, especially with the live wallpaper. It just makes it that much more fun to play with.

I have not had any issues with the signal, and it actually seems to "respond" to changes (like going in elevators) quicker than my G1.

I do wish it had a LED indicator, but I can live without it. Great phone for this price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Phone, April 1, 2011
This review is from: Samsung Vibrant Android Phone (T-Mobile) (Wireless Phone)
The Samsung Vibrant (Galaxy S) has been a necessary tool in my busy life! Between working, being a parent, going to school, and coaching, I need this phone to keep my life more organized and efficient. There are so many features I use my phone for besides just being able to talk to people. In a few minutes time I can check my voicemails, text messages, email, calendar, and even Facebook. I feel the thousands of apps available to me can be for entertainment purposes and useful tools. The calorie counter, GPS, weather channel, and dictionary are a few of the tools I use to be productive every day. For entertainment purposes, I can watch movies, download music, and play a multitude of different games. The phone also has a sleek look to it. The screen is clear, bright, and easy for me to read. I honestly cannot imagine not having my phone available to me. My life would be a little too chaotic without it!
Christopher

2.0 out of 5 stars Serious hardware issues., March 8, 2011
This review is from: Samsung Vibrant Android Phone (T-Mobile) (Wireless Phone)
When I first got the phone the actual phone part died within 2 days. I couldn't make any calls or get data. I had to send the phone back to get repaired. Then, when I got it back the GPS didn't work. This was the case before I sent it back, but they didn't fix it. Apparently there is a severe defect in the assembly of these phones with the GPS. There is a metal piece internally that does not contact the actual antenna, resulting in horrible GPS performance. I got tired of how difficult it was to get Samsung to recognize the problem existed and decided to fix it myself. After taking my phone apart I made a simple 2 second fix that should have been done at the factory. After that my GPS worked fine. Couple this with an outright fight by the Vibrant community to get Froyo months after it was promised and I can say I will never buy another Samsung phone after buy them for 4 of my last 5 phones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love my Vibrant!!!, February 3, 2011
This review is from: Samsung Vibrant Android Phone (T-Mobile) (Wireless Phone)
This phone has everything in a phone I could wish for. The Internet is really fast. The screen is so vibrant and colorful. Endless amounts of games and apps to choose from, especially with 2.2 now. I hardly use my laptop now that I have this phone. Very convenient to check all my cyberspace stuff on my phone at all times. All you have to do is just speak the website you want and the phone goes there. With swype keyboard I can send email and text faster than I ever could on my laptop. Screen is a very good size at 4 inches. Ive had this phone for about 1 month now and really love it! If there is one downside/con to this phone it is the battery. I got me an extra charger and have done a lot better that way. Overall I really recommend this phone, but get an extra charger and a case to protect it. I got this case (Amzer Luxe Argyle Skin Case for Samsung Vibrant T959 - Smoke Grey) and really like it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great phone but missing some key feature., December 30, 2010
This review is from: Samsung Vibrant Android Phone (T-Mobile) (Wireless Phone)
Pro:

-Best Screen at a Phone (Super AMOLED) Vibrant detail and very deep black kinda like Plasma vs LCD in TV comparing other phone. Much more vibrant details than Iphone, black level is very noticable.
-Light and Compact design, screen has gorilla scratch resist. My cat drop my phone ike 4 feet in hard wood floor it still no visible damage.
- Great sound, work flawless with buetooth stereo headset.
- Pack with Avatar whole film and Sims 3.
- Amazing Video Playback, especially with HD video.
- Catch good image and video for a phone, in good lighting like outdoor under good lighting condition it can cature some spectacular image and video.

Cons:
- Screen resolutoin is lower than Iphone, not as sharp in text compare to Iphone, outdoor view bright sun viewis still not as good as LCD
- Not good battery life, had to charge every night. unless you not using the phone in anything just stanby, but stanby would die like 3 days if no charge.
- Still NO Update from Samsung in 2.2 not sure if T-Mobile delay or Samsung, Wish all Android phone get continous update like Nexus.
- Video playback not as good as the little brother Wave which has better video playback like support subtitle in MKV, the vibrant can't play many of MKV file which claim it can.
- GPS not working properly even after the restore appts, it still a big lag.
- Lack picture/video shuttle button, no camera flash.
- Lack Front Camera

This phone could easily be much better if just had this 3 feature such as front camera, back flash, and 2.2 out of the door.

3.0 out of 5 stars cool phone but..., October 6, 2010
This review is from: Samsung Vibrant Android Phone (T-Mobile) (Wireless Phone)
I really like this phone with all its beautiful specs and fast processor. Its an amazing phone but its not as sturdy as other phones.
The problems i had with this phone:
1) Battery life is not the best. It wouldn't last for a day even at moderate usage. Also, the battery icon is a lie. it shows a full battery even at 80%. And it takes forever to charge. Sometimes, it would say that the battery is full charged but when you remove the charger it would show like 95-99%.
2) The back cover feels cheap. i have my phone encased in a rubber protector all the time. when i removed it i noticed that the cover was a bit wobbly on one corner.
3) The metal border was also a bit wobbly on the lower sides.

Its a cool phone but samsung should have made it more durable and less plastic-y. my 14 day was up so i couldn't return it anymore. I shouldv'e waited for the g2.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken GPS, missing Froyo in 2010, and lack of support equals a complete failure, January 17, 2011
This review is from: Samsung Vibrant Android Phone (T-Mobile) (Wireless Phone)
Could be very good phone phone but broken GPS, missing Froyo in 2010, and lack of support from Samsung make this phone a complete failure.
JI6 update, released to fix GPS - another failure.
GPS Restore by Samsung blaming consumers for broken GPS while not fixing anything and broken by itself - yet another failure.
Missing, but promised by the end of 2010, Froyo update - lies and failure again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Whoooooah!, July 15, 2010
Carter Hooper (New Orleans, LA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsung Vibrant Android Phone (T-Mobile) (Wireless Phone)
The screen....the speed...the Swype! This is one killer...way too much to just call it a phone. Brilliant is the word, T-Mobile's best handset yet. I gave up waiting for Windows Phone 7. This will do me fine. Really, the Swype on this is the absolute easiest to use of any phone I have tried it on. This thing is glorious.

3.0 out of 5 stars I really want to love this phone, but..., August 23, 2010
Willie B. (Portland, OR USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsung Vibrant Android Phone (T-Mobile) (Wireless Phone)
When my G1 died, I upgraded to the Vibrant. The honeymoon was short, but breathtaking. Slim, light, big and brilliant AMOLED screen, fast, seven home screens, Bluetooth stereo, a virtual keypad that made me forget the G1's slider, and Swipe! I had doubts about Swipe, but I quickly got the hang of it. You gotta try this!

The Vibrant promises to be all that a smartphone can be wrapped in a stylish and comfortable package. Memory, both on-board and flashcard, is staggeringly huge. Running a lot of background apps doesn't seem to slow it down. Coverage where I live and travel is good, but the G1 seemed to have a better antenna.

Problems surfaced. Battery life running background apps is a disappointment. I installed System Panel and now monitor and kill some apps when working unplugged. I tried to use GPS without success. Several reviews noted the same thing, along with magnetic compass problems. There's a fix promised with the release of 2.2 next month. Mounting the phone via USB to my PC is a nightmare. It seems confused about whether it's connected to a computer when I plug in the charger, resulting in aberrant touch screen behavior and a constantly flashing message, "USB connected" whether the phone is plugged into anything. Turning off the screen sends it into a coma requiring roboot. I need to call customer service to work this one out.

The docking accessories announced by Samsung earlier this month are unavailable. Production problems? Last-minute bugs? Vaporware?

So the jury is still out. I hope I can revise this review up to what should be an unqualified 5 stars. All things considered, I really want to love this phone, and as the man says, "Love is patient..." Up to a point.

5.0 out of 5 stars T-Mobile's Official Superphone, August 27, 2010
This review is from: Samsung Vibrant Android Phone (T-Mobile) (Wireless Phone)
First off, let me explain my title. The Vibrant is T-Mobile's official superphone because it is sold at T-Mobile whereas the Nexus One was being sold by Google. There you have it.

Let me start off by saying that I was an early follower of Android with the first T-Mobile G1. Android has definitely come a long way since then, in hardware and software.

I admit, I hated the G1's hardware so I sold it and moved on to the Blackberry Bold. With the Bold, I hated the software but loved the hardware. Unfortunately, my Bold's LCD cracked. I didn't want to purchase another phone yet, I was waiting out on all the new stuff that is suppose to come out such as the G2, Thunder (if it's TMO bound) and etc... I had no choice, I needed a phone so here I am with the Samsung Vibrant.

First, photos of this phone doesn't do this phone justice. I was a little wary at first because it has an iPhonesque shape to it (Maybe that's why they took off the physical home button from our many versions). After seeing it in the store, I fell in love with the phone. The design is wonderful. The phone is very light (actually too light for my taste but that's all about preference). Let's move on to Pros and Cons

Pros

-Nice screen size. 4 inches is perfect. It's not too big or too small.

-Super AMOLED screen is beautiful and must be seen in person. Best screen I ever laid eyes on. If you are considering, go check it out in person. Again, pics and vids doesn't do it justice.

-Android!!!

-Battery not spectacular compared to my Bold but much better than the G1. Should last a good part of the day. (People state that the don't want to turn the brightness down from 100. I have mines on 50 and it's still beautiful, I don't think you need it that bright all day. Get a brightness widget and turn up when you need it)

-Camera. This is a great camera. I told myself that I wouldn't get a phone without flash after the G1 but this Vibrant camera is wonderful. Night mode feature is great and very useful, you wouldn't even think about flash anymore. Trust me, the camera has a lot of useful features and the 720p video recording is awesome.

-1Ghz Hummingbird processor. Very speedy and didn't notice any type of lag whatsoever.

Cons

-I don't like the placement of the Micro USB port on top on the phone. It just seems weird.

-The plastic battery plate. I mean it's nice and comes with a different style spare but seriously? I wished it was metal or something similar.

-Touchwiz UI. I don't like the iphonesque UI here. I wish it was stock Android but we could always change that later on......lol....

There you have it. I recommend this phone, that's why I wrote this review. If not, go into a T-Mobile store, you can buy it and try it for 14 days. You can always return it but with this being their best phone, I don't think you would have a similar alternative if you did exchange it.....

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 410 | Next ›