Published 20 months ago by Billerica, MA.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality and Samsung service!
I bought a Samsung WB100 in March 2013 and less than 6 months later it is falling apart!!! The features and zoom are excellent but the quality is terrible!!! The rubber handgrip is peeling off and the Samsung agent inspecting it said 'You must be holding it wrongly and have damaged it by holding it wrongly!!! It is a handgrip! there is no other way to hold it...
Published 12 months ago by Andrew Battye

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung WB100 smart digital camera SO AMAZING I came back and Bought ANOTHER!, January 5, 2013
This review is from: Samsung WB100 16.2 Megapixel Compact Camera - Red (Electronics)
I did A LOT of shopping before settling on this camera. This seems to be the closest to the RED/BLACK Nikon L810 Coolpix but I found this camera had more bang for the buck and it seemed to be a newer model too. So I wondered if maybe Samsung took that 26 zoom and improved on it. I have seen another listing here where the person didn't get clear pics with theirs. I would say it was THAT individual camera having issues. Another person complained no clear pix on zoom. This is NOT TRUE if you know what you're doing. This model has a function where you depress the "take" button 1/2 way to "line up" your shot. You will see green boxes appear. They surround key items in the photo. So you can't haphazardly take a shot, its more designed for a pro where you will line up your shot AND THEN SHOOT. I was AMAZED with the number of special functions this camera had and I was literally jumping up in down with happiness the more and more I found. I have the camera here now and will list them (or try to list them all...) below, but you need to see the YOU TUBE VIDEO ON THIS CAMERA --copy/paste this to you tube "Samsung Camera WB100 - Perfect for inspirational shooting!"
This is a great YOU TUBE video that shows you an overview of the features this camera has.
on top of the camera is a quick function feature wheel here is what is on it
A)SCN includes: 1.Beauty shot 2.Frame guide 3.Night 4.Portrait 5.Children 6.Landsape 7.close-up 8.text 9.sunset 10. dawn 11.backlight 12. fireworks
13.Beach&snow
B) LIVE PANORAMA
C)SMART (setting for most pix it adjusts auto to all situations and lighting)
D)1080di HD VIDEO camcorder
E)SETTINGS (sound,dispay,connectiv, general)
f)DUAL IMAGE (THIS CAMERA HAS A PICURE IN PICTURE SETTING, VERY COOL)
G)SPECIAL FEAT- 1. 3D 2.Magic Frame (sunny day,classic tv,old album,Holiday,Billboard1,Billboard2,Mural,Old film,wave,fullmoon,old record,magazine cover,newspaper cover)
3. SLIT SHOT (4 OPTIONS) 4.PICTURE IN PICTURE 5.PHOTO FILTER(vignetting,cross filter,fish eye,old film,classic,retro,miniture)5.MOVIE FILTER(to movies,vignetting,fisheye,classic,retro,palette effect 1-4)6.PHOTO EDITOR(8 OPTIONS)
This camerera needs 4 AA batteries so I bought the Energizer Battery charger WITH 4 rechargable batteries.$15.99 +s/h for charger and 4 batteries.
I also bought a pack of 8 Rayovak green rechargable batteries $15.99 too (for 8 batteries) here that fit my energizer charger and they were a bit better buy, for the batteries alone.
I LOVED THIS CAMERA SO MUCH i BOUGHT MY NEICE ONE TOO; with hers, This energizer battery charger works GREAT with the camera its small and plugs directly to the wall, tells you when batteries are charged.
I bought a GREAT CAMERA CASE KIT for $35 total with ship by Precision keywords- I GOT THIS AT EBAY... "Precision Design PD-C10 Digital Camera/Camcorder Case" (came with-
1.Precision Design PD-C10 Camera/Camcorder Case
2.Transcend 8GB SecureDigital Class 10 (SDHC) Ultra-High-Speed Card
3.ImageRecall Digital Image Recovery Software 4.Precision Design USB 2.0 SecureDigital (SDHC) High-Speed Memory Card Reader
5.Digital Camera/Camcorder Universal LCD Monitor Screen Protectors 6.Precision Design Memory Card Storage Wallet
7.Precision Design 5-Piece Camera & Lens Cleaning Kit 8.Precision Design Flexible Tabletop Mini Tripod
9. Zeikos 50" ZE-TR26A Compact Travel Tripod
10.Microfiber Cleaning Cloth 11.1-Year Subscription to Digital Photo Magazine Voucher Card (Must be mailed in to activate)
12.Free Prints from York Photo
This camera is very USER FRIENDLY. Just working with it for a good hour and you should have most the features pretty well down.
Recently I took a picture in the complete darkness of a home with christmas lights next door on night setting. This camera had no trouble pulling it off. I will try to upload the pic. Also, I LOVE.... the natural looking NON FLASH pics it takes with its SMART setting. It does have a flash but you don't seem to need it. The iso settings are so high it picks up the rooms light naturally. I also took some gorgeous macro pictures of a candle with crystal with a mirror in natural light, another with a candle and the shadows it cast on the ceiling. I'm an artist so I just love the play of light this gorgous camera can pull off with its crystal clear 16.2 mp pixels. I will try to load some of these pictures when I figure how, because a picure is worth a 1000 words and these picures are speaking volumes!!!!

HERE IS THE COPY/PASTE FOR THE USER MANUAL FOR THIS CAMERA.... it comes with a rather small pamphlet, you will want to favorite this pdf....

[...]

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Camera, February 11, 2013
I bought this camera from amazon after they sold out of them at Wal-Mart snd the shipping was fast and the package arrived in perfect condition. My only problem is that the listing says the camera is red and that is what I really wanted however I recieved a black one. I was quite disappointed because I chose the red listing from this seller over another less expensive one just so I could have the red but It was black anyways. Overall this is a great camera and I have had no problems out of it and I haven't stopped taking pics with it since I got it. If you want a good camera to take family pics I would reccommend this one all day long.

5.0 out of 5 stars this is all u need !!!, February 17, 2013
looks very nice and sleek and also works great !! for perfect precision I have my other camera that I paid lot more few years ago, this one is to grab and go - and its perfect for that. Shutter speed isn't delayed what drove me crazy in my other point and shoot. Takes very nice pics and good videos - I am about to have a baby so that was main reason for this purchase. Huge zoom and it actually takes sharp pics too !! just make sure ur hands are steady. About the touch screen - there is no touch screen - which is fine with me but they advertise it so that's a mistake. Overall great camera with enough of zoom and pixels - for normal family use u don't need anything else - as long as u have basic knowledge of how to use it before u criticize it that something doesn't work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera for the money, December 29, 2012
Not sure what people are doing to take bad pictures. Mine have all been great right out of the box. Great pictures and a lot of cool features and effects. Good editing software built in as well. Just remember that the further you zoom the more important it is to hold the camera steady. Setting it down or using a tripod works best, but this is true for all cameras not just this one. I've had great luck with the zoom and the wide angle lens is great for family pictures and get togethers. Just a great all around value and very comfortable and easy to use.

4.0 out of 5 stars good buy, January 10, 2014
The service received from the suppliers was great and on time espescially since it was the holiday period. The camera is really good for its price . works well takes great pictures. The only thing i wished it came with rechargeable batteries.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool!, October 30, 2013
The zooming and the pixels are great for the price I paid.
I'm able to get pictures out of my recording.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love my new camera, June 21, 2013
It was so worth the purchase plus I love the color!!! would definitely recommend this product for sale. So get it

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Camera for the money, June 25, 2014
Not all the top features but for the money it is a great little camera. point and shoot with a nice zoom

5.0 out of 5 stars Grand daughter Loves it, January 21, 2014
Amazon Customer (Winnsboro, Texas) - See all my reviews
yes my grand daughter loves it she never goes any where with out. She loves taking pictures of her horses

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, January 19, 2014
A real good beginner camera. Takes sharp pictures and for the money paid it seems to be a real reasonable product!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›