Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Voyage Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Outdoor Deals on Tikes

on January 5, 2013
I did A LOT of shopping before settling on this camera. This seems to be the closest to the RED/BLACK Nikon L810 Coolpix but I found this camera had more bang for the buck and it seemed to be a newer model too. So I wondered if maybe Samsung took that 26 zoom and improved on it. I have seen another listing here where the person didn't get clear pics with theirs. I would say it was THAT individual camera having issues. Another person complained no clear pix on zoom. This is NOT TRUE if you know what you're doing. This model has a function where you depress the "take" button 1/2 way to "line up" your shot. You will see green boxes appear. They surround key items in the photo. So you can't haphazardly take a shot, its more designed for a pro where you will line up your shot AND THEN SHOOT. I was AMAZED with the number of special functions this camera had and I was literally jumping up in down with happiness the more and more I found. I have the camera here now and will list them (or try to list them all...) below, but you need to see the YOU TUBE VIDEO ON THIS CAMERA --copy/paste this to you tube "Samsung Camera WB100 - Perfect for inspirational shooting!"
This is a great YOU TUBE video that shows you an overview of the features this camera has.
on top of the camera is a quick function feature wheel here is what is on it
A)SCN includes: 1.Beauty shot 2.Frame guide 3.Night 4.Portrait 5.Children 6.Landsape 7.close-up 8.text 9.sunset 10. dawn 11.backlight 12. fireworks
C)SMART (setting for most pix it adjusts auto to all situations and lighting)
D)1080di HD VIDEO camcorder
E)SETTINGS (sound,dispay,connectiv, general)
G)SPECIAL FEAT- 1. 3D 2.Magic Frame (sunny day,classic tv,old album,Holiday,Billboard1,Billboard2,Mural,Old film,wave,fullmoon,old record,magazine cover,newspaper cover)
3. SLIT SHOT (4 OPTIONS) 4.PICTURE IN PICTURE 5.PHOTO FILTER(vignetting,cross filter,fish eye,old film,classic,retro,miniture)5.MOVIE FILTER(to movies,vignetting,fisheye,classic,retro,palette effect 1-4)6.PHOTO EDITOR(8 OPTIONS)
This camerera needs 4 AA batteries so I bought the Energizer Battery charger WITH 4 rechargable batteries.$15.99 +s/h for charger and 4 batteries.
I also bought a pack of 8 Rayovak green rechargable batteries $15.99 too (for 8 batteries) here that fit my energizer charger and they were a bit better buy, for the batteries alone.
I LOVED THIS CAMERA SO MUCH i BOUGHT MY NEICE ONE TOO; with hers, This energizer battery charger works GREAT with the camera its small and plugs directly to the wall, tells you when batteries are charged.
I bought a GREAT CAMERA CASE KIT for $35 total with ship by Precision keywords- I GOT THIS AT EBAY... "Precision Design PD-C10 Digital Camera/Camcorder Case" (came with-
1.Precision Design PD-C10 Camera/Camcorder Case
2.Transcend 8GB SecureDigital Class 10 (SDHC) Ultra-High-Speed Card
3.ImageRecall Digital Image Recovery Software 4.Precision Design USB 2.0 SecureDigital (SDHC) High-Speed Memory Card Reader
5.Digital Camera/Camcorder Universal LCD Monitor Screen Protectors 6.Precision Design Memory Card Storage Wallet
7.Precision Design 5-Piece Camera & Lens Cleaning Kit 8.Precision Design Flexible Tabletop Mini Tripod
9. Zeikos 50" ZE-TR26A Compact Travel Tripod
10.Microfiber Cleaning Cloth 11.1-Year Subscription to Digital Photo Magazine Voucher Card (Must be mailed in to activate)
12.Free Prints from York Photo
This camera is very USER FRIENDLY. Just working with it for a good hour and you should have most the features pretty well down.
Recently I took a picture in the complete darkness of a home with christmas lights next door on night setting. This camera had no trouble pulling it off. I will try to upload the pic. Also, I LOVE.... the natural looking NON FLASH pics it takes with its SMART setting. It does have a flash but you don't seem to need it. The iso settings are so high it picks up the rooms light naturally. I also took some gorgeous macro pictures of a candle with crystal with a mirror in natural light, another with a candle and the shadows it cast on the ceiling. I'm an artist so I just love the play of light this gorgous camera can pull off with its crystal clear 16.2 mp pixels. I will try to load some of these pictures when I figure how, because a picure is worth a 1000 words and these picures are speaking volumes!!!!

HERE IS THE COPY/PASTE FOR THE USER MANUAL FOR THIS CAMERA.... it comes with a rather small pamphlet, you will want to favorite this pdf....

1212 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 11, 2013
I bought this camera from amazon after they sold out of them at Wal-Mart snd the shipping was fast and the package arrived in perfect condition. My only problem is that the listing says the camera is red and that is what I really wanted however I recieved a black one. I was quite disappointed because I chose the red listing from this seller over another less expensive one just so I could have the red but It was black anyways. Overall this is a great camera and I have had no problems out of it and I haven't stopped taking pics with it since I got it. If you want a good camera to take family pics I would reccommend this one all day long.
on February 17, 2013
looks very nice and sleek and also works great !! for perfect precision I have my other camera that I paid lot more few years ago, this one is to grab and go - and its perfect for that. Shutter speed isn't delayed what drove me crazy in my other point and shoot. Takes very nice pics and good videos - I am about to have a baby so that was main reason for this purchase. Huge zoom and it actually takes sharp pics too !! just make sure ur hands are steady. About the touch screen - there is no touch screen - which is fine with me but they advertise it so that's a mistake. Overall great camera with enough of zoom and pixels - for normal family use u don't need anything else - as long as u have basic knowledge of how to use it before u criticize it that something doesn't work.
on December 29, 2012
Not sure what people are doing to take bad pictures. Mine have all been great right out of the box. Great pictures and a lot of cool features and effects. Good editing software built in as well. Just remember that the further you zoom the more important it is to hold the camera steady. Setting it down or using a tripod works best, but this is true for all cameras not just this one. I've had great luck with the zoom and the wide angle lens is great for family pictures and get togethers. Just a great all around value and very comfortable and easy to use.
review image
on December 30, 2013
My Daughter is still exploring this camera. It has a huge lcd display on the back, does panoramic photos, video, on camera editing, and a host of other features, great price, nice camera happy Daughter!
on July 20, 2015
I Bought this camera On a friday and it arrived on monday . I was really nervous about purchasing the camera because it was listed as used and refurbished. When the camera arrived it looked sparkling new . No scratches no finger prints , nothing but a new shiny camera. It came with the lens cap and a USB cord. The cord is perfect because it has cotton material along the cord to protect it against wear and tear. I purchased this camera because Im a new youtuber and I wanted something that had better quality than a cell phone picture. I haven't had the chance to upload a video to view the equality of it but I have took a few pictures and they are beautiful. this camera is great for someone who wants to get into photography or video filming like me. TOTALLY PURCHASE!
on May 13, 2015
My husband recently purchased this camera. I have downloaded the user manual; however, I would have chosen a camera that came with a printed manual had I known beforehand that this one did not. I am one of the few people in this world who does not carry around a smart phone, and so just winging it until I can get to a computer for help is very frustrating and limiting my ability to use the camera's full functions. I would gladly purchase a printed manual from Samsung if it was available - if I print, I have to lug around 125 pgs. - it is just simpler, for me, to have a little booklet to thumb through when I need help.
on January 31, 2014
The Samsung WB100 camera is fair in its functions and many features. However, over the 8 months I have used the Samsung, my disappoint comes from over 50% of the images come out blur or photos are under lite (dark). I end up miss getting good family, friends and macro shots accurately. I have read the Samsung users manual through 3 times, but I still find the Menu features are not 'user friendly' in identifying and selecting the right feature(s). Once I select the feature the camera takes 2-3 seconds to capture, process, and store the images on the memory card. I have used both SD and SDHD quick storage into the memory cards but the capture rate is still V-e-r-y S-l-o-w. This means I miss potential shots while waiting for the camera's select "feature" processes to image in to memory before taking another shot. Another issue is the SMART position on the dial is not that "smart" so 'point-n-shot' is simple right? NOT!! Needless to say, I am searching out the Canon Digital camera line for the Rebel or Powershot line with improved IS image stabilized captured features. Best of "LUCK" with the Samsung.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 24, 2012
This is an overall great camera for the price but right off the bat I have to say that many of the adds are misleading. This camera does NOT have a touch screen as indicated. With that said this camera has tons of little features and options.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 21, 2013
B Rating
Seems to be pretty nice except for the occasional photos that are off focus even when using auto focus!